Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched American Gangster.

i liked it, i just don't know how much i liked it. i'll have to watch it again to see whether it was just a good flick or if it was great.

Syriana

wth ?

many people claim this one makes more sense the 2nd time through
but I got what was going on
just too many plots that never seemed to connect

well acted movie
screenplay and editing could have helped it more

7.5/10

:eh?: :bighomer:

bigtitan53279 said:
just watched American Gangster.

i liked it, i just don't know how much i liked it. i'll have to watch it again to see whether it was just a good flick or if it was great.

Watched it myself over the weekend.. Worth the rental but not something I'd buy at full price. Definitely doesn't live up to the hype.. We've all seen this same movie under different names time and time again over the years..

Stay

IMDB review

A very intriguing movie with strong performances by Ryan Gosling,Naomi Watts & Ewan McGregor.

I can't say too much about this movie without giving spoilers away. It's a mystery film & from the onset it's clear that everything you're seeing isn't as it seems.

Some of the shots the director uses are complete mind benders that had us rewinding to see them again even as we were watching it for the first time.The only clue I can give is that there are a lot of parallels to Hamlet in the story although it's by no means a modern telling of the bard's story.

An excellent,thought provoking film that will have you discussing long after it's over. The ending wasn't quite the pay off I was hoping for but the ride to get there is well worth your time.

9/10 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

The Gloat said:
Knocked Up was actually funny (not hilarious, but funny), whereas Juno didn't have a single funny part I remember. I wasn't sure it was supposed to be funny when watching it, because it didnt seem as if they wrote anything humorous for the film. Not one quotable that I recal. So it was probably more people just thinking the humor was absent or too dry rather than "not getting it". There wasn't much to get.
The girl was a smart#ss, but I didn't think that itself was funny. It was just a girl being a smart#ss. I dunno?
It was just average to me. Like I said. As if someone told a director "make a movie about a teen that gets pregnant and a couple wants to adopt, but they split up". And the director said "ok. That's all i need to know. The movie will be done in a week". No creativity, nothing really original other than the basic plot itself. Just not much depth that separates this movie from others, IMO.

The hype wasn't warranted. That's about all I can summarize it with. An ok movie. Didn't dislike it. Just would never think about it again after watching it. I can't remember a single moving scene, a single funny scene, etc and I think that's what makes great movies. Memorable scenes.

See now i was laughing the whole time. The little things get me like when she is shaking the stick and he says "its not an etch-a-sketch" I was rolling... That dry humor is just a lot harder to come by, imo, then slapstick comedy. Anyone can fall down or cuss someone out, say something offensive, or make fun of themselves....

I guess i can see where your comming from, I just felt differently. I almost wonder if i found more depth to it because I'm a woman. I could see it both from the teenage standpoint (not wanting to abort because the baby had fingerprints) and from the woman who wanted a baby but was unable to concieve. Again I think it was worth the hype... in the end neither of us are wrong.

Went to the movies with an old friend last night... nothing looked good and he enjoyes the base comedies... so we saw Whitless Protection. Not worth the money. Larry the Cable guy has a handful of one liners (as you would expect) but... uh nope. Spending 20.00 for 2 people to see this movie was a waste. Should have just waited until it came out on dvd. Which brings up another point. Jenny Mcarthy gets all this publicity for the movie... SHE IS ONLY IN 3 SCENES. What kinda crap is that?

Sappersis said:
... so we saw Whitless Protection. Not worth the money. Larry the Cable guy has a handful of one liners (as you would expect) but... uh nope.

I don't really want to see the movie, but I have two tix to see his stand up routine at Albany's Palace Theatre and I can't wait for that. :yes:

Kid Gloves said:
I don't really want to see the movie, but I have two tix to see his stand up routine at Albany's Palace Theatre and I can't wait for that. :yes:

It was either Larry or 26 dresses... all other movies had already started. We took a gamble, and lost. Made me as mad as fingerless man in a text messaging contest.

Everyone should go rent or buy Sunshine. Watched it last night and it was really sweet. Loved it. It is in my top ten for 2007. Danny did it again.

KTOWN TITAN said:
Everyone should go rent or buy Sunshine. Watched it last night and it was really sweet. Loved it. It is in my top ten for 2007. Danny did it again.

:thumb:
I liked it
hollywood got a hold of it, but it didn't look like they screwed it up too bad

51r0GZfxl5L._AA240_.jpg

via suggestion from this thread

48f4eb6709a0a4e9216e2110.L.jpg

very few movies funk with you
reminds me of flicks like memento and Being John Malkovich
not real funny, not real dramatic, not real romantic, etc....

what it does is tells a good story in a way that keeps you into it and keeps you thinking what the hell is going on here

I'm gonna go ahead and give it an 8.8/10
:thumb: all the way

Puck said:
:thumb:
I liked it
hollywood got a hold of it, but it didn't look like they screwed it up too bad

51r0GZfxl5L._AA240_.jpg

Definitely the least "Danny Boyle" of all the Danny Boyle movies.. Think Event Horizon or the first half hour of Lifeforce...

Puck said:
48f4eb6709a0a4e9216e2110.L.jpg

very few movies funk with you
reminds me of flicks like memento and Being John Malkovich
not real funny, not real dramatic, not real romantic, etc....

what it does is tells a good story in a way that keeps you into it and keeps you thinking what the hell is going on here

I'm gonna go ahead and give it an 8.8/10
:thumb: all the way

I'm surprised they have that Peter Travers quote boasting it as a comedy when it's almost anything but. Pretty decent and fairly melancholy flick but I'd still take Momento between the two..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back