Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
American Gangster 9/10 :thumb:

I wasn't sure about Denzel taking on this type of role, but he seemed to pull it off quite well. I'm glad I gave the film a chance.

200px-American_Gangster_poster.jpg

Kid Gloves said:
American Gangster 9/10 :thumb:

I wasn't sure about Denzel taking on this type of role, but he seemed to pull it off quite well. I'm glad I gave the film a chance.

MV5BMTczNDM5MzA4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE4ODg1MQ@@._V1._SY140_SX100_.jpg

He managed to pull off playing "Denzel" as he always does but not really similar to the real life Frank Lewis.. Russell Crowe was great as usual..

^ In retrospect, I think you're correct. Denzel's roles all seem to be the same, but at least he didn't completely ruin the film either. Would Samuel L. Jackson have been better for the role? Maybe even Morgan Freeman?

Wesley Snipes is legal again, isn't he?

Kid Gloves said:
...but then he went and did "Snakes On A Plane"

...a film I will never have a desire to see.

Why not ,it's classic 'B' movie madness. It was made as a piss take & meant to be fun.

It works on that level.

Kid Gloves said:
^ In retrospect, I think you're correct. Denzel's roles all seem to be the same, but at least he didn't completely ruin the film either. Would Samuel L. Jackson have been better for the role? Maybe even Morgan Freeman?

Wesley Snipes is legal again, isn't he?

I'm thinking Terrence Howard maybe..

Watched AWAKE the other night. The idea of being awake but unable to respond during open heart surgery is absolutely terrifying to me but alas this movie drops the ball in so many ways it's hard to make it thru till the end.
Why anyone would cast Hayden Christianson is beyond me. The guy is such a horrible actor he makes Keanue look like Laurence Olivier. The movie had several nice opportunities to set up a nice revenge situation etc. but blows them at almost every turn..
Two thumbs down and a middle finger up sans the 3 minutes of horror when he starts getting cut...

Samuel L. Jackson would be in my movie if I had a script and a bottle of his favorite alcohol. He's completely tarnishing his career with close to 10 years of crappy roles.
In it for the money I guess.

Creeping-Cruds said:
Why anyone would cast Hayden Christianson is beyond me.

I second that
I see him more of a nickelodeon actor

I can actually tolerate Natalie Portman in small doses
about the only one from the 1-3 episodes I can attend to
that includes Neeson and McGregor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back