Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystery Science Theater 3000

"Where do we start ?" - "Right Here" ..... {at goofy clown face} :ha:

i generally found the shows good for a few laughs, sometimes I found myself busting out loud ... kinda did a little of both with the movie

The Mummy-Tomb of the Dragon Emporer

I was really hoping for good things from this film.

I liked the first one & Brendan Frasers character.

With the support of Mario Bello,John Hannah.Jet Li & Michelle Yeoh it really should have been good.The script was written by Smallvilles leading writer/producer duo but it's one of the worst scripts/plots I've seen made into a film for a while.

Everything is very forced & contrived around the characters being older & now having a grown up son.It doesn't work. The jokes fall flat & while the acting is fine by the leads the whole movie is disjointed & doesn't flow.

Instead of being a fun adventure I just wanted it to end.

4/10

watched drillbit taylor last night. it was good for a few cheap laughs(especially the fat kid) but overall not very good and pretty predictable. but i guess i got what i expected from it

Wanted:

For those that have read the comic book... the movie, of course, is different. IMO the movie worked better than the comic (which rarely happens). I enjoyed the comic a great deal when I read it... but I always felt it was a bit disjointed. The movie, on the other hand, ran smooth without those huge gaps and questions.

If you only enjoy realistic movies stay away from this one. It doesn't even pretend to try to make itself believable. As a matter of fact they have a "deal with it or leave" attitude that I enjoyed thoroughly. Many have compared it to a combination of The Matrix and Fightclub... which plays but I have to disagree. This is just a big middle finger to anyone who doesn't enjoy comic books and can't let themselves step back from reality. Its sad that so many missed the point.

9/10

an odd Ledger role was Brother's Grimm

And for Matt Damon, but I've only seen parts of that and parts of Casanova.

Come to think of it I've only seen Dark Knight, Knight's Tale, The Patriot and Two Hands, 10 Things I Hate about You with Ledger

I wasn't wild about Pineapple Express. I mean, I enjoyed it, but I somehow expected better. James Franco was great in it, as was Rogen.

THE BACKWOODS - High tension Gary Oldman thriller in the vein of Calvaire/Deliverance..
Oldman, along with his wife and another couple run into trouble with backwood Spanish yokels with a big secret and the blood does spill. Very tense.
Definitely recommended for fans of this type of film.. Good stuff.

backwoods_243x347.jpg

Sounds like an upgraded version of an old 70's film... i was called "The House by the lake", aka "Death Weekend" and starred Brenda Vaccaro and some other dude who looked like Burt Convey.

They get terrorized by a wild biker gang while on a weekend getaway, and Convey demonstrates why the average homeowner shouldn't have firearms for defense.

The closing scene really sucks the big one, though. It's guaranteed to make all men who watch it look at their woman in a different way. :suspect:

Just wondering - has anyone seen Running Scared?

Running-Scared.jpg

NOT the one with Billy Crystal. haha But I've had this movie for quite awhile, and I think it was one of the most underrated movies of 06. Great action movie for its type.

Running Scared was pretty okay, especially since Paul Walker is in it and doesn't totally send the film into a black hole of awful. Rent it most definately.

Just saw Tropic Thunder and enjoyed it a lot. I laughed a lot and there were some great performances from Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise (no spoilers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back