Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it works both ways tbh. E.G. I believe the absurd amount of hype surrounding Get Out actually hurt my opinion of that movie. Don't get me wrong, very solid. Great concept. But as I was watching it I kept wondering why everyone was labeling it as some masterpiece. Then it was over and I just felt like "That's it?"
Fair. But that's if you're actually analytical.

Most people aren't, IMO. They just think "Oh. I'm supposed to like this" so they do. Or the opposite.

The girl I went on a date with and watched Dunkirk with... pure ditz. And acted like I didn't "get it". So I asked her to explain why she thought it was great... radio silence... "I mean. Christopher Nolan is amazing and..."... yeah, ok.

Fcking hair stylists.

I think it works both ways tbh. E.G. I believe the absurd amount of hype surrounding Get Out actually hurt my opinion of that movie. Don't get me wrong, very solid. Great concept. But as I was watching it I kept wondering why everyone was labeling it as some masterpiece. Then it was over and I just felt like "That's it?"
To this day, my wife refuses to watch Jurassic Park because of the hype before AND after.

I'd be fine with it if it was, say, Independence Day... but it's Jurassic fucking Park!

Sometimes the lack of hype and the commercials due more than enough justice. Someone mentioned Baywatch. Not only did it look terrible and not funny, I heard zero reviews from the few people that did see it, that said it was any good.

Loved SHIN GODZILLA.
It takes a second watching maybe but it's flat brilliant. And so F'n weird.
Unfortunately, this G is so impressive there's literally no way any other kaiju could defeat him so we'll probably never see this version of G again.

Shin_Godzilla_US_poster.jpg

shingodzilla5.jpg

Loved SHIN GODZILLA.
It takes a second watching maybe but it's flat brilliant. And so F'n weird.
Unfortunately, this G is so impressive there's literally no way any other kaiju could defeat him so we'll probably never see this version of G again.
Been meaning to check this out. I'll get to it soon.

Best comedy of that year!

Lol! RLM have never been a fan of that franchise, and yeah, it has all the artistic merit of a Three Stooges sketch. Even funnier still tbough is The Final Chapter, in which the franchise even outstupids itself by having THAT guy- supervillian Albert Wesker- meet his demise by getting his AASSSSS KIIIIICKED!!!...by a door. Like, a standard 3/0-6/8 automatic door. Somehow, all those T-virus powers are dependant upon his employment status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got around to watching Shin Godzilla.

Mainly because I forgot about it, until just now.

Loved it. The camera angles, are just amazing. Seems like a throw back to the classics. They really needed a modern remake where Godzilla was the bad guy and not neutral or the good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back