Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh it's a woman."

nick-young-meme_zqggxy.png

Lol I was the same.

I took my daughter to see Christopher Robin last weekend. It's not my genre at all, but I thought it was well done. The cgi was realistic and the plot wasn't bad.

Snowpiercer: It had a 95% RT rating and high popcorn rating so I figured I would try it. I liked this movie a lot because it wasn't the rehash of the same movie or story over and over again. The plot was somewhat original and monotonous, but the movie throughout its entirety kept my interest level high enough to keep watching, especially about what he would find once he got to the engine of the train. 4 of 5 stars.

Snowpiercer: It had a 95% RT rating and high popcorn rating so I figured I would try it. I liked this movie a lot because it wasn't the rehash of the same movie or story over and over again. The plot was somewhat original and monotonous, but the movie throughout its entirety kept my interest level high enough to keep watching, especially about what he would find once he got to the engine of the train. 4 of 5 stars.
Agreed. A personal favorite of mine.

The sushi scene was... odd. Screeching halt and felt more like the movie was paid for by the Coalition for Sushi.

The book is one of my faves. But I've heard nothing but terrible things about that movie so I doubt I'll ever see it.
I DVR'd it, but I only saw it on a couple times. That should have told me everything I needed to know. HBO will air something 30 times a day on their various channels if something is just decent.

I just don't think a movie could ever do that justice.
I don't understand how it could be so difficult to adapt to screen; it's not a complicated story. I have seen some fights on Reddit over what the actual message and moral of the story was, but it seems like all views on that could be easily accommodated.

I took my daughter to see Christopher Robin last weekend. It's not my genre at all, but I thought it was well done. The cgi was realistic and the plot wasn't bad.

It is possible that it's not your genre because you have actually lived as a furry woodland creature and feel that Hollywood cannot understand the struggle?

I don't understand how it could be so difficult to adapt to screen; it's not a complicated story. I have seen some fights on Reddit over what the actual message and moral of the story was, but it seems like all views on that could be easily accommodated.
Let me rephrase... I don't think it would work on-screen. The impact wouldn't be there, in my opinion.

Saw Wonder Woman last night. Pretty solid overall but would have been a lot better if it weren’t for my two complaints... 1. I wish they would have given us more of her origin and went back to the Amazon. After she left, we never see or hear about her home again. 2. The final fight was trash, from the bad cgi and the fact the villain just decides to pop up in the last 10 minutes of the movie and displayed a bunch of random powers that are never explained, I found myself looking at my watch and wanting the movie to end. Shame because the movie was great until then. Poor CGI and uninteresting villains have seem to be a major issue with all the Justice League movies. @Tennessy XO

On a positive note, Gal Gadot definitely looked and fit the part and the No Man’s Land scene was probably one of the best moments in any superhero movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course they were explained; he was Aries, the god of war..Key word being 'god'.
I liked almost all of it... except what changed her mind. Love.

I wish she had said something else... it felt cliche, unfortunately.

I didn't care for the Ares casting. It was ok, just could've been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back