Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wary about Genie... Robin Williams killed it.

Of nearly all Disney characters through the years, Williams' Genie is the most iconic.
Eh the genie was just a dope character in a dope movie. It wasn’t like mind blowing. Will will probably be better

Eh the genie was just a dope character in a dope movie.

.... lol you foolish if you think Will Smith has HALF the character range that Robin Williams had in that role. OR if you think there are more than a handful of actors that bring life to that roll like RW did.

Best we can hope for is a decent impression.

.... lol you foolish if you think Will Smith has HALF the character range that Robin Williams had in that role. OR if you think there are more than a handful of actors that bring life to that roll like RW did.

Smith has charisma, have to admit.

But... he'd better bring his own style to genie, not try to imitate Williams.

Problem I see is... Genie should be animated - almost constantly moving, acting - and I haven't seen that with Smith.

Problem I see is... Genie should be animated - almost constantly moving, acting - and I haven't seen that with Smith.
I highly doubt smith gonna try to copy anything Robin did. I’m hoping for a more fresh prince type genie...should be dope.

Will smith showed more range in fresh prince episode where his dad doesn’t want him than Williams did his whole career

People wanna glorify Williams cuz he offed himself. He was good, nothing really special

Will smith showed more range in fresh prince episode where his dad doesn’t want him than Williams did his whole career

People wanna glorify Williams cuz he offed himself. He was good, nothing really special
Because of something he did over 20 years ago?

The Broadway Aladdin play has a big black genie, and it works

Wellll who knows if Robin Williams could even be animated like his animated genie lol wtf are you saying

I got no dog in this fight, but....
...Williams improvised Genie's introduction as it was being recorded and then was animated around that track afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back