Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
really doubt the majority of people want all remakes. its just easy for the fillmakers and a super safe investment
Agree with that last sentence. It's what people pay to see. Remakes and sequels of hit movies typically do well, financially.

Most "original ideas" are not very good, or derivative anyway. That's not to say don't attempt them. But ultimately Hollywood is going to make more of the stuff that makes them the most money. It's a business first and art second. That's the part so many people fail to realize for some odd reason. There's plenty of room for "art" and original stories on the independent scene. Hollywood is a business just like any other. If the market truly demanded original ideas (and I mean the actual market, not just the internet echo chamber) then we'd be getting more of them. Plain and simple.

It's kinda like asking Apple to stop making iPhones and focus on iPods.

Agree with that last sentence. It's what people pay to see. Remakes and sequels of hit movies typically do well, financially.

Most "original ideas" are not very good, or derivative anyway. That's not to say don't attempt them. But ultimately Hollywood is going to make more of the stuff that makes them the most money. It's a business first and art second. That's the part so many people fail to realize for some odd reason. There's plenty of room for "art" and original stories on the independent scene. Hollywood is a business just like any other. If the market truly demanded original ideas (and I mean the actual market, not just the internet echo chamber) then we'd be getting more of them. Plain and simple.

It's kinda like asking Apple to stop making iPhones and focus on iPods.
no one is failing to realize it, it just sucks, really really really sucks

Does that make Us good though?
I thought it was legitimately very good. And I went into it expecting another overrated letdown. It is certainly not "the scariest movie ever made", or even really scary at all. But it's a very well done thriller that had me invested throughout. And there were all kinds of cool little foreshadowing moments throughout that will have you going "oh yeah!" once its over.

Yes you have to suspend disbelief quite a bit with the ending explanation. But IMO it really isn't anymore stupid than any other ending the horror genre throws at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back