Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Love You, Man

Very funny movie

8/10

I saw it the other day with a few of my buddies and it was really funny. It was an uplifting movie but with that being said, it wasn't as good as some of the other films that have come out from that crew.

I mean, when those guys (the apatow guys) branch off and do their own thing, they just can't seem to get a great movie.

Examples: Role Models (okay, but wasn't great), Pineapple Express (you can really only enjoy it if you, well, you know), I Love You, Man (probably the best effort since FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL)

I'm looking forward to the new Judd Apatow movie, FUNNY PEOPLE, however, it might be a little sappy by the look of the trailer....

I liked Role Models a lot, Pineapple Express had a lot of funny moments. The trailer for the movie Funny People looks pretty good. I can't help but wonder if Apatow was around during Sandler's hayday what kind of star he would have been. His old slapstick stuff seems like it would have worked well in the Apatow/McKay comedies.

Creeping Cruds- Just got an update on our performance dates. Not sure if you still want to check it out or if you have gigs these extra nights, but here's the schedule:

7 p.m. Friday and Saturday (March 27-28), and again on April 3 and 4.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1525183.html
^there's an article that was released today in the paper.

I liked Role Models a lot, Pineapple Express had a lot of funny moments. The trailer for the movie Funny People looks pretty good. I can't help but wonder if Apatow was around during Sandler's hayday what kind of star he would have been. His old slapstick stuff seems like it would have worked well in the Apatow/McKay comedies.

Don't if anyone recalls Apatow's old TV show Undeclared, which was where folks like Rogan, Segal etc got their first exposure, but there was an early episode where Sandler and his whole goof gang were on the show. Made me wonder if Sander wasn't always a bit of a big-brother to that crew...

Undeclared_Cast.jpg

Monsters v. Aliens

A spoof of all the alien invasion and monster movies of the 50's. About what you would expect from Pixar, and lots of fun. I didn't see the 3D version, but it looks like that would have been a blast. Ginormica looks great in tights :ha:

8/10

Most recently, I went to see Slumdog Millionare. I really didn't have any desire to see it, but after all the awards it won, I was curious. It was actually a pretty good movie. I'm glad I went to see it.

Monsters v. Aliens

A spoof of all the alien invasion and monster movies of the 50's. About what you would expect from Pixar, and lots of fun. I didn't see the 3D version, but it looks like that would have been a blast. Ginormica looks great in tights :ha:

8/10

Took the boy to see it on Friday. I'd have to agree. I liked the fact that there were some inside adult jokes (Shrek style humor) and I thought Colbert was hilarious as the President. BR, Jr. continues to quote Colbert's line about sending the terror alert to code brown due to an accident in his pants. How can you beat a line like that if you're 7 years old??

I thought the film suffered from the "all the funniest parts are in the previews" syndrome a bit, but comparing it to other childrens fare released over the past few years, it stands up nicely.

We saw it in IMAX 3D and I'd say if you can afford the extra cabbage, it's worth it. The 3D effects were very nice.

Spoiler alert-- The misfit monsters (hidden in a top secret location by the feds for 50+ years) pull together and defeat the evil alien and his clone army and save the earth... just like the Rock and his aryan kids did merely two weeks ago. The earth has been in mucho trouble lately apparently.

Morals of this story...

1. Monsters are funnier and smarter than aliens. Duh.
2. Don't trust the feds. They are hiding things from you.

Again, 2 index fingers to the sky from BR and BR, Jr.

I'm with you guys on Monsters vs. Aliens. Great family comedy. Amazing 3D at times. Was very funny on many levels, although some of the jokes fell flat - like the "Convenient Truth" line. (BTW, anyone else getting sick of being lectured about global warming in any and all genres of entertainment?)
Anyway, well worth the price of admission.

P.S. Can anyone pm me the ending of this movie? I missed it because my 5 year old had to use the potty. Next time she's wearing pull-ups to the movies, just like daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back