Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest estimate has the the mortality rate for Covid a touch over 1%. So if we just opened everything up and ignored it, we would be looking at around 3.5-4 million dead Americans. I would do whatever it takes to save those lives personally.
Also, an additional 18% of infections result in permanent heart or lung damage. That’s another 50 million Americans that would be permanently injured. Even people with few or no symptoms have been found to have massive lung damage that will effect them later in life.
Y’all can pretend like this is a nothingburger, but I have numerous friends that are nurses and they tell me daily how real this is.

The latest estimate has the the mortality rate for Covid a touch over 1%. So if we just opened everything up and ignored it, we would be looking at around 3.5-4 million dead Americans. I would do whatever it takes to save those lives personally.
Also, an additional 18% of infections result in permanent heart or lung damage. That’s another 50 million Americans that would be permanently injured. Even people with few or no symptoms have been found to have massive lung damage that will effect them later in life.
Y’all can pretend like this is a nothingburger, but I have numerous friends that are nurses and they tell me daily how real this is.

Everybody has friends that are nurses. And they all say different things. Just like the experts.

You’re “stats” are assuming every person in America gets Covid. Which is just a ridiculous theory.

No one on here is gonna change anyone’s mind. Let’s just stick to how this will affect the Titans.

Is anyone connected to the titans actually ****ing sick?
Not that I’ve heard. A bunch of asymptomatic “positives”. To me this whole thing is just ridiculous. When a disease doesn’t even give you any symptoms but yet you are still considered sick and taken out of commission.

Again, I’m not making light of the people who are truly at risk. People who are old, and particularly people who are obese seem to be at a real risk.

But for those of us who take good care of ourselves and haven’t spent our lives sitting around eating Twinkie’s all day, we shouldn’t have to also be penalized because a very small portion of the population “could“ be at danger. It’s getting old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you, are at best willfully ignorant.

It’s been reported that a few players have reported flu like symptoms. So yes, some are actually “sick”. It’s also well known that COVID can have a lasting impact on respiratory function in healthy and asymptotic patients. So the importance of preventing and spread is there, no matter if you believe it is serious for healthy athletes or not.

I hear you, I don't like wearing a mask at work and everywhere i go everyday. But the fact is Thousands of people have died because of covid regardless of underlying conditions. People that could and should be alive if not for covid.

So if I can save one person's life, their mother's, father's, bother's, sister's or whoever else's life by wearing a mask and not going out, or gathering in large groups, then that's what im going to do.

Im one of the most selfish people i know, i generally only care about myself, but we have to understand this isnt about us or the athletes that can survive without issue. Its about protecting others until a cure is found.
True, some people have gotten really sick and yes death can happen with any disease. 190 kids under 17 died from the flu this past flu season. 5 times more than has died from COVID. So now every flu season will we have to shut everything down because people get sick and die?

655k people die every year from heart disease, but we haven’t outlawed cheeseburgers and fries. 606k people every year in the US die from cancer, but we haven’t outlawed cigarettes.

Point is, there has always been and always will be risks in life. We should be able to assess those risks as individuals and make our own choices on how we want to approach it. If I was at a real high risk, I would wear a mask, slather myself in sanitizer and stay home as much as possible.

I’ve worked hard my entire life to stay in tip top shape, so I should be able to enjoy the befits of that hard work now. I’m not in a high risk category because I watch every crumb I eat, I don’t smoke and only drink on social occasions and I workout religiously 5 days a week. Not my fault a lot of other people haven’t done the same with their lives. Those people should stay home.

Some of you, are at best willfully ignorant.

It’s been reported that a few players have reported flu like symptoms. So yes, some are actually “sick”. It’s also well known that COVID can have a lasting impact on respiratory function in healthy and asymptotic patients. So the importance of preventing and spread is there, no matter if you believe it is serious for healthy athletes or not.
So what, they got a mild case of the sniffles? Maybe they are a little tired and achy. Sounds like any other cold that the human race has encountered since the being of the human race.

I’m just so over all of this BS. These shut downs and restrictions are causing way more damage to way more people than this BS cold bug.

655k people die every year from heart disease, but we haven’t outlawed cheeseburgers and fries. 606k people every year in the US die from cancer, but we haven’t outlawed cigarettes.
cheeseburgers and cigarettes = a choice
deadly infectious disease you could get from anyone = not a choice

pretending they are the same is idiotic
stupidest argument ever

So what, they got a mild case of the sniffles? Maybe they are a little tired and achy. Sounds like any other cold that the human race has encountered since the being of the human race.

I’m just so over all of this BS. These shut downs and restrictions are causing way more damage to way more people than this BS cold bug.
Everyone’s tired of it, you’re not special.

If you don’t understand the danger of a highly infectious disease that often has many asymptotic carriers, I don’t know what to tell you.

stupidest argument ever
You’re neighbors don’t get fat when you eat at McDonald’s but some people don’t understand that.

Everyone’s tired of it, you’re not special.

If you don’t understand the danger of a highly infectious disease that often has many asymptotic carriers, I don’t know what to tell you.
It might be infectious, but it's the dangerous part I don't agree with. It is dangerous for a VERY small part of the population.

40%+ of the deaths were in nursing homes (Thanks Cuomo...you idiot). 94% had at least one underlying heath condition, 87% had two. Average age of death is 78. And by the CDCs own numbers the survival rate is 99%+.

Oh, and of the confirmed cases 40%+ are asymptomatic. I'm a math guy, the simple math tells me this is NOT that dangerous for MOST of the population. I don't understand why that is so hard for some people to grasp.

But, again, you are free to live scared, hide in your home, slather yourself in sanitizer and cover your face with a bacteria sponge all you want. The rest of us should be able to chose not to if we want. 99% of the population is being shut down because a very small fraction of the population MIGHT be at risk. Makes no sense to me.

stupidest argument ever
Going into public putting yourself at risk to get the virus is a choice.
Having visitors to your home that may have been exposed is a choice.
Wearing a mask should be a choice.
They are choices.

It might be infectious, but it's the dangerous part I don't agree with. It is dangerous for a VERY small part of the population.

40%+ of the deaths were in nursing homes (Thanks Cuomo...you idiot). 94% had at least one underlying heath condition, 87% had two. Average age of death is 78. And by the CDCs own numbers the survival rate is 99%+.

Oh, and of the confirmed cases 40%+ are asymptomatic. I'm a math guy, the simple math tells me this is NOT that dangerous for MOST of the population. I don't understand why that is so hard for some people to grasp.

But, again, you are free to live scared, hide in your home, slather yourself in sanitizer and cover your face with a bacteria sponge all you want. The rest of us should be able to chose not to if we want. 99% of the population is being shut down because a very small fraction of the population MIGHT be at risk. Makes no sense to me.
Feel free to say you don’t care about the potential lasting effects on the athletes respiratory health, or their families.

stupidest argument ever
You pretty much confirm my argument. It should be my "choice" if I want to shut down my business, wear one of those worthless masks or never leave my home. But they have taken the choice away from us.

And if you eat like crap, drink excessively and smoke, that is a choice but it is a known fact that type of lifestyle "choices" guarantees health issues for most people. But with this virus, even if you do catch it, it's only danageous to a very small segment of the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back