Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
All people who died are in fact Infected by someone. Most likely by someone who they know. I'm worried about infecting others, even more worried about people who think they're so strong it won't effect them. But hey some people are probably so strong and healthy they can't infect others...

I actually don't wear a mask to prevent myself from getting COVID. I wear a mask for the sole reason that if I have COVID, and am asymptomatic, I want the chances of me spreading it to be as low as possible.

I work as a public defender and I am around clients who are in legal custody on almost a daily basis. Why is that relevant? Simple, here in Texas our county jails have become COVID hotspots and I know that I have a very high likelihood of catching COVID. I have to take that risk in order to feed my family, but if wearing a mask even infinitesimally lowers my risk of potentially spreading COVID to others, it is worth it to me.

To each their own.
Yep, in your case I can fully agree with the way that you have chosen to handle the Covid issue.

That's been my point all along, we should all be able to make our own choices. To assess our personal situation and risks, and then act accordingly.

yeah some people actually care about others. i think its clear who DOESNT here...
Very Really not limited to COVID with this statement. You can apply how little/much people care about each other to almost every single aspect of your life.

We want people to care about others always, just doesn’t happen. Government can’t mandate that nor should they be allowed to.

Very Really not limited to COVID with this statement. You can apply how little/much people care about each other to almost every single aspect of your life.

We want people to care about others always, just doesn’t happen. Government can’t mandate that nor should they be allowed to.
if you are offended by that post then....

yeah some people actually care about others. i think its clear who DOESNT here...
Come on, that's ridiculous. So because I think that the individual should be able to have the right to choose how they want to handle this Covid fiasco, now I just don't care about others...what a joke.

if you are offended by that post then....
Did it come off as offended? That’s a mistake on the interpretation then.

I just think your comment was stupid, you’re willing to assume who does or does not care about people regarding a mask and COVID specifically but I’m willing to bet that you yourself never give that a thought in almost all other aspects of your life, maybe you do, but the fact you made the comment says you don’t.

In fairness I don’t either and it’s unrealistic to expect it, but you can also get off your high horse because you want to wear a mask as if that’s the be all end all. When you say crap like that comment, it comes off as virtue signally, not actually caring about other people.

Edit: this was probably a waste of time anyway and because taboo is gone, half this crap will be gone, so this was my last response on the topic. Cheers to you for your choices. Back to the titans.

I actually don't wear a mask to prevent myself from getting COVID. I wear a mask for the sole reason that if I have COVID, and am asymptomatic, I want the chances of me spreading it to be as low as possible.

I work as a public defender and I am around clients who are in legal custody on almost a daily basis. Why is that relevant? Simple, here in Texas our county jails have become COVID hotspots and I know that I have a very high likelihood of catching COVID. I have to take that risk in order to feed my family, but if wearing a mask even infinitesimally lowers my risk of potentially spreading COVID to others, it is worth it to me.

To each their own.

To each their own for sure. It’s your choice to do what you want. But there are no lab confirmed cases of asymptomatic carriers spreading the virus.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...-confirmed,more information becomes available

I would say the challenge to that, is that a person’s individual choice here can negatively impact others. A better analogy is saying person has a right to drink and drive. You might make it home safe, you might take out someone else. I do agree with the sentiment about my body, my choice from another viewpoint though - not congruent with other claims and philosophy on their part. Now, back to football...

I get what you're saying but I think this falls more in line with say cancer patients. 605K people die every year from cancer, 1.8 million contract the disease.

When a person is going through cancer treatment, their immune system is very weak. So they personally take precautions. They don't go out in public unless necessary, they wear masks, etc. We don't force the rest of the population to shut down because of such a large number of people are at an additional risk.

A drunk driver puts everyone on the road at risk. Only a very small segment of the population is truly at risk with Covid. Even if someone catches it, the mortality rate is virtually zero unless you are in that small slice of the high risk pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its still an accurate statement, and I will admit it is news to me.

However, it should not be presented as asymptomatic carriers do not transmit the disease.

I appreciate the honesty. And yes it shouldn’t be interpreted that way at all but it should also mean people stop assuming asymptomatic transmission is an automatic thing.

I appreciate the honesty. And yes it shouldn’t be interpreted that way at all but it should also mean people stop assuming asymptomatic transmission is an automatic thing.

So here is my issue with the original statment.

If I have it and am asymptomatic, and all of a sudden I swallow something wrong or inhale a bunch of dust and start coughing......would that transmit the disease?

It’s literally on their website. Maybe they should update it if there is new info? If you can find something different.... post it.

Fair enough.

The problem with the asymptomatic thing is that you don't know that you are asymptomatic until after the fact. You might be pre-symptomatic and if that is the case, you can definitely spread it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back