Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be great for us, but no other team has positive tests yet. They'd just have to do it all over again when another team has an outbreak.
I suppose, but if more outbreaks are coming why not shutdown for 2 weeks, isolate everyone, ramp up the covid protocols upon return and hopefully be done with it?

Shut the season down for 2 weeks.

It happened before, it's not about teams being happy about it, it's about safety.

-- Sept. 11, 2001 - Week 2 of NFL schedule postponed on Sept. 13 after 9/11 terrorist attacks. On Sept. 18, NFL re-scheduled those games, with second week of season picked up in Week 3, and original Week 2 games to be played on Jan. 6-7 as final Week 17 of season

Shut the season down for 2 weeks.

It happened before, it's not about teams being happy about it, it's about safety.

-- Sept. 11, 2001 - Week 2 of NFL schedule postponed on Sept. 13 after 9/11 terrorist attacks. On Sept. 18, NFL re-scheduled those games, with second week of season picked up in Week 3, and original Week 2 games to be played on Jan. 6-7 as final Week 17 of season
they arent gonna shut down the entire league for 1 team. when the next team has an outbreak they gonna shut it down for 2 weeks again? and then again? its not a good plan

they are just gonna add weeks to the end of the season and fill in games as needed

I don’t think anyone knows what’s going to happen, including the league

Disagree. There's obvious protocol in place for outbreaks that were anticipated to happen when the season started.

As someone mentioned, enhanced practice squads were utilized this year FOR THIS REASON. So why is everyone acting like the league is burning?

They'll use bye weeks if possible.
They'll add games onto the end of the season (I believe the NFL has 8 weeks of wiggle room on the back end).
Worst case they will cancel games and teams will play reduced schedules.

Disagree. There's obvious protocol in place for outbreaks that were anticipated to happen when the season started.

As someone mentioned, enhanced practice squads were utilized this year FOR THIS REASON. So why is everyone acting like the league is burning?

They'll add games onto the end of the season (I believe the NFL has 8 weeks of wiggle room on the back end).
They expanded practice squads but aren’t using them to play this week.

I’m glad they did so the titans PS doesn’t get smashed by Sh***tsburgh, but canx it did kind of defeat the purpose of expanding it.

And MLB expanded their rosters and had a “taxi squad” but teams were still shut down for one positive test. Phillies were shut down a week with no positive tests.

The expanded PS looks like more of a talking point/optics move for the NFL because they certainly aren’t utilizing that to keep games going. Much like what the MLB did. NFL is going to have a much tougher time than MLB because you can’t just schedule double headers.

If the NFL had a plan for when guys started testing positive we would know what it is. But their plan has literally changed every single day since the Titans outbreak. Clearly they were figuring it out as they go.

Looks like the season might be in peril now...

The NFL can't just say this is a Titans problem now
The season? I doubt that! Covid will be a thing if the past after the election just like all of the states who haven’t ended the mask mandate already plan to lift it after the election.

1c9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back