Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
only really matters if they spread it to others. if they didnt, game on
For once I actually agree with you. These shut downs in general do more damage than good. All of these “measures” do very little to stop the spread of a virus. It just has to run its course.

The fact that not one Vikings player has tested positive is also pretty telling. It’s not like they were socially distancing or wearing mask during the game. From what I’ve heard, you need to be in close quarters with an infected person for more than 15 minutes in most cases to catch it.

So like you said, it should be business as usual. I haven’t heard of even one of these “positive” players even having symptoms. So we’re canceling games and players aren’t even sick.

you're being wilfully ignorant then, since day 1 they've said some of them do have mild symptoms
Having a mild case of the sniffles for a couple days is what I call a cold. Not a reason to shut everything down because a few people with virtually zero mortality risk have a cold.

They have learned a lot about this bug since the early days. I saw a Doctor the other day talking about how the therapeutics that they have developed recently is making the risk of death much lower, even with the higher risk group. And that as time goes on, we will have the death rate as a whole in line with the flu, even without a vaccine.

I know some of you guys seem to love these lockdowns and defend them vehemently, but I think they are counter productive.

So like you said, it should be business as usual. I haven’t heard of even one of these “positive” players even having symptoms. So we’re canceling games and players aren’t even sick.
Just because someone has mild or no symptoms doesn't mean if they pass it on to someone else they are going to get just mild or no symptoms as well.

Everyone is reacting differently to it, that's why it needs to be taken serious.

Shut down games for 2 weeks, everyone self isolates, get retested, I bet the cases are alot lower.

Just because someone has mild or no symptoms doesn't mean if they pass it on to someone else they are going to get just mild or no symptoms as well.

Everyone is reacting differently to it, that's why it needs to be taken serious.

Shut down games for 2 weeks, everyone self isolates, get retested, I bet the cases are alot lower.
Only thing is it’s a virus, isn’t going anywhere, and will run it’s course. Not disagreeing with your point.

Shut the league down for two weeks, get the players union to agree to strict iso, etc. Won’t happen, and still may not work. Teams are huge

Having a mild case of the sniffles for a couple days is what I call a cold. Not a reason to shut everything down because a few people with virtually zero mortality risk have a cold.

They have learned a lot about this bug since the early days. I saw a Doctor the other day talking about how the therapeutics that they have developed recently is making the risk of death much lower, even with the higher risk group. And that as time goes on, we will have the death rate as a whole in line with the flu, even without a vaccine.

I know some of you guys seem to love these lockdowns and defend them vehemently, but I think they are counter productive.
so first you argue there are no symptoms, then when there clearly are you say nbd
why do you even pretend to care?

discussing this with you is pointless

so first you argue there are no symptoms, then when there clearly are you say nbd
why do you even pretend to care?

discussing this with you is pointless
The part that most of you “pro-shut down” people don’t seem to understand is that even if someone catches this virus, it’s not dangerous for the MASSES!

It’s not like the bubonic plague where up to 90% of the people who contracted the disease died. About a third of the population was wiped out. Or AIDS, where when if first hit, if you got it, you were dead. This is only dangerous to a very small segment of the population so that small segment should take necessary precautions. These shut downs are useless.

Im not the only one who feels this way. Here is an article from a world renowned Stanford Epidemiologist.

Up to 300 Million People May Be Infected by Covid-19, Stanford Guru John Ioannidis Says | USA.GreekReporter.com

Again, if you are scared or feel that you or someone close to you is at risk. Take the precautions.

My in-laws and step father are in that high risk category. They aren’t going out unless absolutely necessary, they wear their mask, and we haven’t visited them at all because if they catch this bug it would be very dangerous for them. I’m not throwing caution to wind. But to keep shutting things down for the masses is not necessary.

The part that most of you “pro-shut down” people don’t seem to understand is that even if someone catches this virus, it’s not dangerous for the MASSES!

It’s not like the bubonic plague where up to 90% of the people who contracted the disease died. About a third of the population was wiped out. Or AIDS, where when if first hit, if you got it, you were dead. This is only dangerous to a very small segment of the population so that small segment should take necessary precautions. These shut downs are useless.

Im not the only one who feels this way. Here is an article from a world renowned Stanford Epidemiologist.

Up to 300 Million People May Be Infected by Covid-19, Stanford Guru John Ioannidis Says | USA.GreekReporter.com

Again, if you are scared or feel that you or someone close to you is at risk. Take the precautions.

My in-laws and step father are in that high risk category. They aren’t going out unless absolutely necessary, they wear their mask, and we haven’t visited them at all because if they catch this bug it would be very dangerous for them. I’m not throwing caution to wind. But to keep shutting things down for the masses is not necessary.
I agree! I have two autoimmune diseases so I fall in the high risk category but I haven’t worn a mask since everything started, I meet with 6-8 families in their homes daily for work and they’re just thankful I come to help them. I’m not choking on my own c02 all day for something that doesn’t protect me or anyone around me. If someone chooses to wear a mask that’s up to them, but they can’t force me to wear one. All I’ve done is just practice normal hygiene like I normally would and I’ve been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back