Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part that most of you “pro-shut down” people don’t seem to understand is that even if someone catches this virus, it’s not dangerous for the MASSES!

It’s not like the bubonic plague where up to 90% of the people who contracted the disease died. About a third of the population was wiped out. Or AIDS, where when if first hit, if you got it, you were dead. This is only dangerous to a very small segment of the population so that small segment should take necessary precautions. These shut downs are useless.

Im not the only one who feels this way. Here is an article from a world renowned Stanford Epidemiologist.

Up to 300 Million People May Be Infected by Covid-19, Stanford Guru John Ioannidis Says | USA.GreekReporter.com

Again, if you are scared or feel that you or someone close to you is at risk. Take the precautions.

My in-laws and step father are in that high risk category. They aren’t going out unless absolutely necessary, they wear their mask, and we haven’t visited them at all because if they catch this bug it would be very dangerous for them. I’m not throwing caution to wind. But to keep shutting things down for the masses is not necessary.
who said i was pro shutdown? you're just ranting to rant. quit responding to me, i dont care to continue this pointless back and forth. no amount of facts will ever change your stance, clearly.

who said i was pro shutdown? you're just ranting to rant. quit responding to me, i dont care to continue this pointless back and forth. no amount of facts will ever change your stance, clearly.
Problem is, I have stated facts. You have stated opinion. It’s all in the numbers. I guess you’re just not that good at basic math and statistics. Bottom line this is not a risk for the majority of the population. Period.

Go wear your mask and hide in a corner all you want. That’s your right. I’d rather see everything get back to normal starting now.

I say let the football players play, let business owners open their business. Not a rant, just simple common sense. I guess thats beyond your comprehension.

Problem is, I have stated facts. You have stated opinion. It’s all in the numbers. I guess you’re just not that good at basic math and statistics. Bottom line this is not a risk for the majority of the population. Period.

Go wear your mask and hide in a corner all you want. That’s your right. I’d rather see everything get back to normal starting now.

I say let the football players play, let business owners open their business. Not a rant, just simple common sense. I guess thats beyond your comprehension.
I posted basically the same thing and it got deleted, this virus is basically less lethal than the flu. H1N1 killed more people and I was working in the restaurant industry and nothing shut down.

I posted basically the same thing and it got deleted, this virus is basically less lethal than the flu. H1N1 killed more people and I was working in the restaurant industry and nothing shut down.
STFU....show me data that H1N1 killed more americans....not even close 13000 killed ....older people had better immunity to H1N1 because it was similar to earlier strains...

STFU....show me data that H1N1 killed more americans....not even close 13000 killed ....older people had better immunity to H1N1 because it was similar to earlier strains...
I think H1N1 did kill like 500k people worldwide so it was also pretty deadly. My youngest son was in 6th grade at the time and he caught it when we were living in Hendersonville.

I think the point Tewa was trying to convey is that there was nowhere near the hysteria with H1N1 as there has been with Covid. There wasn’t even any official warning until over 1000 people had died.

Never in history have we had these prolonged, forced shut downs. For the first time him history people are being criminalized for doing nothing more than trying to run his/her business and feed their families. It is ineffective and it’s BS.

Well when every death is considered a covid death yeah the numbers are a bit skewed. H1N1 infected 60million..but no hysteria here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back