Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the honesty. And yes it shouldn’t be interpreted that way at all but it should also mean people stop assuming asymptomatic transmission is an automatic thing.

It may not be, but for me the possibility is enough. I may be overly cautious, but it at least gives me some piece of mind.

Breakdown of all 9 #Titans players currently on COVID-19 list:

--CB (2) Greg Mabin, Kristian Fulton
--WR (2) Adam Humphries, Cam Batson
--TE (1) Tommy Hudson
--DL (1) D. Jones
--OL (1) I. Wilson
--OLB (1) Correa
--LS (1) Beau Brinkley

I get what you're saying but I think this falls more in line with say cancer patients. 605K people die every year from cancer, 1.8 million contract the disease.

When a person is going through cancer treatment, their immune system is very weak. So they personally take precautions. They don't go out in public unless necessary, they wear masks, etc. We don't force the rest of the population to shut down because of such a large number of people are at an additional risk.

A drunk driver puts everyone on the road at risk. Only a very small segment of the population is truly at risk with Covid. Even if someone catches it, the mortality rate is virtually zero unless you are in that small slice of the high risk pie.
No, cancer is not contagious. So that’s why no mask as the risk is only to them. A virus is contagious and you don’t have the right to infect other people. Just like a drunk driver, a person with the virus puts everyone they come in contact with at risk.

No one here knows how they got it and still no story regarding anyone on the team not following the NFL protocols outside the Wilson thing 4+ weeks ago.

So when we’re talking about how poorly the NFL has handled this, it’s just in reference to the post positive cases and the Pittsburgh game right?
Zero cases on your ship correct? Y'all went through hella quarantine before shipping off. Curious if it was a zero-zero comparison?

No, cancer is not contagious. So that’s why no mask as the risk is only to them. A virus is contagious and you don’t have the right to infect other people. Just like a drunk driver, a person with the virus puts everyone they come in contact with at risk.
That is kind of my whole point. I don’t think that this virus does put everyone at risk.

Just looking at the numbers only a very small portion of the population is truly at risk. For the masses, it’s just another cold bug.

Geez, it never ends. Of course the first season that we start off 3-0 Since 2008, after comings off an AFC Championship game and this crap has to happen.

And some of you guys wonder why Im fed up and think this Covid thing is a bunch of crap. A bunch of heathy athletes are being shut down because they have a virus that doesn’t even make most of them sick. Yeah, that makes sense.

Zero cases on your ship correct? Y'all went through hella quarantine before shipping off. Curious if it was a zero-zero comparison?
None that I’m aware of. Super quarantine and still very strict limitations on the ship. My squadron happens to be working from Bahrain (directly working with the ship) and we are still very restricted on movement all around. You get COVID in Bahrain, mandatory 2 weeks in Bahrain quarantine actually removed from US custody and because they are a highly video monitored country, they will use the city cameras to investigate trace contacts/ close contacts and snag them as well.

I’m certain that our restrictions before deploying were much higher than the NFL players and probably even our continuous measures are more strict.

That is kind of my whole point. I don’t think that this virus does put everyone at risk.

Just looking at the numbers only a very small portion of the population is truly at risk. For the masses, it’s just another cold bug.
Yeah, that’s why a new Titan seems to be diagnosed every day because it’s so rare for a young healthy person to get it. The media has overblown it, but masks are shown to work and with the potential to pass it on, it’s irresponsible and selfish not to. By the way, I’m not a liberal and do believe in individual rights and choices, but when our choices have the potential for harming others, then they no longer qualify as individual choice and fall into best for the majority. Now, about the Bills...

Could the NFL not suspend the entire season for 2 weeks and get it over with? Rather than deal with potential outbreaks throughout the season?

Could the NFL not suspend the entire season for 2 weeks and get it over with? Rather than deal with potential outbreaks throughout the season?
That would be great for us, but no other team has positive tests yet. They'd just have to do it all over again when another team has an outbreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back