Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I wish we lived in a society where people would wear a mask for the sake of others and did not have to be told to.

The same with having good hygiene, but that is a different topic.

Feel free to say you don’t care about the potential lasting effects on the athletes respiratory health, or their families.
We cheer for a team in a sport built around purposeful collisions. Known CTE issues are the highest publicized medical concern but aside from talent, careers still only last 3-5 years. They constantly risk permanent damage to their bodies and health every single game, practice, season, etc.

To say the players themselves are worried about their potential damage from a virus they could catch, doesn’t seem that likely. Of the few that opted out, family was easily the biggest concern mentioned.

Feel free to say you don’t care about the potential lasting effects on the athletes respiratory health, or their families.
Very very rare that a healthy person, especially a young health person will suffer any long term damage from this virus. A lot of athletes in other sports have gotten Covid, not one has died and not one that Ive heard of has suffered any lasting effects.

What would be the statistics on a young healthy person suffering long term effects? .0001%? I don't know, I haven't seen the numbers on it so it must be a non-factor. Like I said, 190 kids died from the flu this last season alone. So any disease can be deadly to anyone. But you can't make policy for the masses based on the fluky cases.

Very very rare that a healthy person, especially a young health person will suffer any long term damage from this virus.

What would be the statistics on a young healthy person suffering long term effects? .0001%? I don't know, I haven't seen the numbers on it so it must be a non-factor.

Seriously?
Pull your argument together.

You pretty much confirm my argument. It should be my "choice" if I want to shut down my business, wear one of those worthless masks or never leave my home. But they have taken the choice away from us.

And if you eat like crap, drink excessively and smoke, that is a choice but it is a known fact that type of lifestyle "choices" guarantees health issues for most people. But with this virus, even if you do catch it, it's only danageous to a very small segment of the population.

Are you one of the few Board Members that lives on the Eastern Hemisphere?
If so, any word on how china is basically back to "Normal" , they haven't had any wuflu problems for some time now.

Respectfully
Afc46

We cheer for a team in a sport built around purposeful collisions. Known CTE issues are the highest publicized medical concern but aside from talent, careers still only last 3-5 years. They constantly risk permanent damage to their bodies and health every single game, practice, season, etc.

To say the players themselves are worried about their potential damage from a virus they could catch, doesn’t seem that likely. Of the few that opted out, family was easily the biggest concern mentioned.
This is fair, but we’ve merged into the effects of a society vs professional athletes on the field.

I won’t argue against that players mostly made that decision but the NFL still has an obligation to protect them.

This is fair, but we’ve merged into the effects of a society vs professional athletes on the field.

I won’t argue against that players mostly made that decision but the NFL still has an obligation to protect them.
And similarly, no issues with attempting to take precautions in general. I think some are seriously stupid (fining teams for not “properly” wearing their mask) and some are ok, like for the sake of the sport actually taking place and players being allowed to do their job, some isolation needed to happen.

And similarly, no issues with attempting to take precautions in general. I think some are seriously stupid (fining teams for not “properly” wearing their mask) and some are ok, like for the sake of the sport actually taking place and players being allowed to do their job, some isolation needed to happen.
Personally, I think the fining is too light.

A week ago I might have agreed. Clearly, the testing didn’t help us, so the NFL has to send a message that we can’t control it.

Seriously?
Pull your argument together.
I think I have stated my thoughts eloquently and effectively. Bottom line, these shutdowns are asinine and cause more harm to the masses than the actual virus.

People should be able to choose if they want to "opt-out" of society until it passes or not. Wear a mask, or not, shut down their business, or not. Since 99% of the population is not at risk, it would make more sense for those people who are at risk to take whatever precautions that they feel necessary. The rest of us should be able to get back to normal.

You're free to follow these stupid mandates all you want. I respect your right to live your life how you choose. People like me, who aren't scared of this BS little bug should be also be free to live our lives as we please as well. And as of now, we cannot.

I think I have stated my thoughts eloquently and effectively. Bottom line, these shutdowns are asinine and cause more harm to the masses than the actual virus.

People should be able to choose if they want to "opt-out" of society until it passes or not. Wear a mask, or not, shut down their business, or not. Since 99% of the population is not at risk, it would make more sense for those people who are at risk to take whatever precautions that they feel necessary. The rest of us should be able to get back to normal.

You're free to follow these stupid mandates all you want. I respect your right to live your life how you choose. People like me, who aren't scared of this BS little bug should be also be free to live our lives as we please as well. And as of now, we cannot.
Go for it buddy! If you don’t believe it, it won’t effect you!

Are you one of the few Board Members that lives on the Eastern Hemisphere?
If so, any word on how china is basically back to "Normal" , they haven't had any wuflu problems for some time now.

Respectfully
Afc46
No, I live full time in Florida... one of the so called "hot spots". I also have a home in Hendersonville.

Go for it buddy! If you don’t believe it, it won’t effect you!
It hasn't and it won't. Not saying that I won't catch it. But if I do, I can guarantee you that it won't be anything more than a typical cold for me.

And I'm not a young guy either, I'm 54. But I'm in excellent health. I never get sick anyway. I don't think I've ever even had the flu. I take no meds, low blood pressure, low cholesterol, etc. I keep myself about 10% body fat, work out 5 days a week. No way this bug takes me out.

It hasn't and it won't. Not saying that I won't catch it. But if I do, I can guarantee you that it won't be anything more than a typical cold for me.

And I'm not a young guy either, I'm 54. But I'm in excellent health. I never get sick anyway. I don't think I've ever even had the flu. I take no meds, low blood pressure, low cholesterol, etc. I keep myself about 10% body fat, work out 5 days a week. No way this bug takes me out.
Well for your sake, I hope you’re right.
This 44-Year-Old Nurse's Dramatic Photo Reveals the Affects on His Body After 6 Weeks on a Ventilator

Again, there are those oddball cases. You can get those with the common flu or any other disease too. I'm talking about the masses. We can't make policy that effects everyone based on a few flukes.

Could I be one of those flukes? Sure, I could. But I'm looking at the numbers, I know my rigorous health regimen and I'm coming to the conclusion that for me, I'm not at high risk so I'm willing to live my life accordingly.

Should be my choice is all I'm saying. I should be able to make that decision for myself. Not the government.

Plus that was back in May, they know how treat it better today. Now they realize that putting someone on ventilator is probably the worse thing they can do.

Honestly, I wish we lived in a society where people would wear a mask for the sake of others and did not have to be told to.

The same with having good hygiene, but that is a different topic.
No way in hell that I willingly wear one of those bacteria sponges...lol!

Through this whole ordeal I maybe have about 20 minutes of "mask" time total. A good buddy of mine swore by his trusty mask, would throw jabs at me about not wearing one.

And guess out everyone I know who caught Covid. Yep, my friend who wore one EVERYWHERE. This guy was neurotic about following the protocol and hes the one who caught it. He's 69 too, but he got over it in a few days. Coughed like crazy for about 2-3 days though. But in less than a week he was back to 100%.

No way in hell that I willingly wear one of those bacteria sponges...lol!

Through this whole ordeal I maybe have about 20 minutes of "mask" time total. A good buddy of mine swore by his trusty mask, would throw jabs at me about not wearing one.

And guess out everyone I know who caught Covid. Yep, my friend who wore one EVERYWHERE. This guy was neurotic about following the protocol and hes the one who caught it. He's 69 too, but he got over it in a few days. Coughed like crazy for about 2-3 days though. But in less than a week he was back to 100%.

I actually don't wear a mask to prevent myself from getting COVID. I wear a mask for the sole reason that if I have COVID, and am asymptomatic, I want the chances of me spreading it to be as low as possible.

I work as a public defender and I am around clients who are in legal custody on almost a daily basis. Why is that relevant? Simple, here in Texas our county jails have become COVID hotspots and I know that I have a very high likelihood of catching COVID. I have to take that risk in order to feed my family, but if wearing a mask even infinitesimally lowers my risk of potentially spreading COVID to others, it is worth it to me.

To each their own.

I actually don't wear a mask to prevent myself from getting COVID. I wear a mask for the sole reason that if I have COVID, and am asymptomatic, I want the chances of me spreading it to be as low as possible.

I work as a public defender and I am around clients who are in legal custody on almost a daily basis. Why is that relevant? Simple, here in Texas our county jails have become COVID hotspots and I know that I have a very high likelihood of catching COVID. I have to take that risk in order to feed my family, but if wearing a mask even infinitesimally lowers my risk of potentially spreading COVID to others, it is worth it to me.

To each their own.
yeah some people actually care about others. i think its clear who DOESNT here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back