Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players who test positive are out 3 weeks and I thought that the games would be played and backups would have to play for Titans in the brutal 3 week stretch of Steelers, Bills, Texans.

THEREFORE, I said it couldn't come at a worse time.

That is not true at all.Asymptomatic players can come back in 5 days. Symptomatic players 10 days. As of now all positive tests are asymptomatic.

Players who test positive are out 3 weeks and I thought that the games would be played and backups would have to play for Titans in the brutal 3 week stretch of Steelers, Bills, Texans.

THEREFORE, I said it couldn't come at a worse time.
Really depends on who the 3 players are I guess.

There will be zero hospitalizations for covid for any of the people infected. October will be miserable. This will happen multiple times in the NFL.

Steelers are gonna be pissed if game is postponed because that will basically force them into taking a bye week now as well and could force them to play @ TN and then @ Ravens back to back....

Yes, COVID-19 is still with us, spreading unchecked through our nation. If you think this isn't the case, then wake up to reality. The NFL can do all of the testing it can do and other mitigation protocols, but all it takes is one infected person close to a team to screw things up. And since the number of games in a season is really low compared to other sports, one team out really upends everything.

Of the four major US professional sports, the most successful at this were the ones who bubbled, specifically the NHL (which just finished their season) and the NBA which is going into the Finals. Baseball had lots of problems early on and still occasionally gets positive tests. For the NFL, it was sadly only a matter of time and that time has struck first here in Nashville. All it takes is one person who is either careless or unlucky in the three mitigation strategies (masking, hand washing, social distancing) to ruin everything.

For me personally, my family is faced with the prospect of deciding whether my daughter will play club volleyball this season and my wife and I have already not been impressed with the COVID-19 mitigation strategies for that sport and the league. I don't want to have to tell my daughter she cannot play her favorite sport, but we have a medically sensitive family member and we cannot bring this disease home. Not to mention you have no idea what it might do to someone who is otherwise healthy.

If the Titans and the league is lucky, the number of cases won't be more than the reported ones and it will be a wakeup call to everyone to be more careful. But sadly, I think this gets worse before it gets better.
Right on. Anyone that think Covid is in any way “under control” are fooling themselves.

We won’t be the only team to come out with positive tests. The only way for this to work and save the football season is to have a bubble similar to the way the NBA did it.

It’s unfair, yes but the Titans put themselves in this spot.

We can field a full team if it’s just 3 players. A forfeit makes no sense and does no one any good. At worst, we have to play on Sunday with no practice. At best, this is a bye week with some slight schedule modifications. A forfeit will not happen. Not for 3 players.

what was the point of expanding PS and doing all of these protocols if they were just going to make teams forfeit?

We won’t be the only team to come out with positive tests. The only way for this to work and save the football season is to have a bubble similar to the way the NBA did it.
Or ignore COVID entirely and let players report if they’re sick and sit out, like every other year. That would also work.

We can field a full team if it’s just 3 players. A forfeit makes no sense and does no one any good. At worst, we have to play on Sunday with no practice. At best, this is a bye week with some slight schedule modifications. A forfeit will not happen. Not for 3 players.

what was the point of expanding PS and doing all of these protocols if they were just going to make teams forfeit?
How did they do this themselves? Forced to take the tests and never showed symptoms.

A forfeit sucks but playing with no practice or game plan is a waste of time and just risks injuries.
If it’s not getting played or postponed, I’d rather it just not count rather than forfeit. A 15 game season for both teams,

agree with this entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back