Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's 2 links in this thread explaining it.

Instead of trying to push your covid narrative, you should try reading them. The rules are pretty clear
Those links don’t say anything about how long a positive person has COVID.

Per those 2 asymptotic situations, 1 says after 5 days, 2 negatives. Good to go.
1 says if still positive, then 10 days, good to go.

Per everywhere else in the US, COVID lasts 10 days to 2 weeks. Does this not apply to NFL players?

The NFL would be out of their minds to let this game happen this week. It is likely that more Titans players and personnel will test positive within the coming days and this could be a situation that affects the Titans for more than one game. Look at what happened when the Marlins had an outbreak. Numerous teams were unable to play for a while.

But then again, this is the NFL and all the owners care about is $$$$$$

Guess I’m confused on the COVID timeline then.
Guy gets tested daily with negative tests until 1 positive. After 5 days with 2 negative tests 24 hrs apart (must get tested 3 and 4 days after positive), they can return.
That would be appx 3 days total with COVID. Thought this was a 10 day - 2 week illness cycle. Doesn’t that mean the positive was false? Maybe I’m missing something else among all the made up rules.

From what I’ve read. If someone tests positive they can re send in the sample to be tested again to figure out if it was a false positive. If it comes back negative, it’s a false positive. If it’s positive then it’s a Covid case.

No symptoms can come back in 5 days with 2 negative tests. With symptoms it’s 10 days after symptoms or 72 hours symptom free.

There is no 2-3 week timeline on it unless a player keeps testing positive.

I agree it’s a bunch of bull. Why shut down the whole team for 3 players? Again wasn’t this why they expanded PS rosters?

And the NFL says they have a plan but they don’t because if they did we would know what it is already lol

From what I’ve read. If someone tests positive they can re send in the sample to be tested again to figure out if it was a false positive. If it comes back negative, it’s a false positive. If it’s positive then it’s a Covid case.

No symptoms can come back in 5 days with 2 negative tests. With symptoms it’s 10 days after symptoms or 72 hours symptom free.

There is no 2-3 week timeline on it unless a player keeps testing positive.

I agree it’s a bunch of bull. Why shut down the whole team for 3 players? Again wasn’t this why they expanded PS rosters?

And the NFL says they have a plan but they don’t because if they did we would know what it is already lol
Ya, the PS expansion doesn’t make too much sense unless they were expecting some of the injuries due to no preseason/limited training camps.

I understand the NFL rules regarding the positive cases. What I’m asking about is that a “confirmed positive” case, like these 3 players, being allowed to return after 5 days if asymptomatic (which they are to my knowledge) and 2 negative tests a couple days after the positive.
That means a confirmed positive would have only had the virus for appx 3-4 days. (Negative each day prior to the positive, which was retested to confirm, then another test a couple days later and again 24 hours later with 2 negatives)

How is the virus, “confirmed positive”, running it’s course in 3-4 days? Is everywhere else (not NFL) being THAT cautious that a timeline of 10 - 14 days of quarantine is getting pushed? Wouldn’t that mean the NFL is being careless?

Edit:
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

CDC says 10 days before joining people for asymptotic positive tests. Makes me think the NFL must be fairly careless about this which makes me think the tests are just to appease someone in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, the PS expansion doesn’t make too much sense unless they were expecting some of the injuries due to no preseason/limited training camps.

I understand the NFL rules regarding the positive cases. What I’m asking about is that a “confirmed positive” case, like these 3 players, being allowed to return after 5 days if asymptomatic (which they are to my knowledge) and 2 negative tests a couple days after the positive.
That means a confirmed positive would have only had the virus for appx 3-4 days. (Negative each day prior to the positive, which was retested to confirm, then another test a couple days later and again 24 hours later with 2 negatives)

How is the virus, “confirmed positive”, running it’s course in 3-4 days? Is everywhere else (not NFL) being THAT cautious that a timeline of 10 - 14 days of quarantine is getting pushed? Wouldn’t that mean the NFL is being careless?

Edit:
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

CDC says 10 days before joining people for asymptotic positive tests. Makes me think the NFL must be fairly careless about this which makes me think the tests are just to appease someone in the first place.

CDC also said no need to test if you come in contact with an asymptomatic person. Then they reversed it. I mean without getting too into the weeds here. There's no confirmed transmission from asymptomatic carrier according to the WHO.

These guidelines have been all over the map, and there's a lot of headscratching things when you read them all. But let's just stick to the Titans and know that they can come back relatively soon if all goes well.

On one of the mexican sports channel, they're suggesting that the game should just be forfeited by the nfl and give both teams a "Tie".
The NFL would be out of their minds to let this game happen this week. It is likely that more Titans players and personnel will test positive within the coming days and this could be a situation that affects the Titans for more than one game. Look at what happened when the Marlins had an outbreak. Numerous teams were unable to play for a while.

But then again, this is the NFL and all the owners care about is $$$$$$
This. Playing this week would be a PR disaster for the league. Rearrange the schedule to accommodate. It would work logistically. No compromise will be ideal, but this one makes the most sense overall. Which is the singular reason it won’t happen. We play short handed and get creamed. NFL happy.

You would also think the Steelers would be reluctant to play us given the likelihood there are more Titans with COVID. This thing could spread through their team as well. The NFL should put more space between the Titans and the next game. It seems irresponsible not to.

Defensive lineman DaQuan Jones and long snapper Beau Brinkley from the team's 53-man roster were added to the COVID-19 list, along with tight end Tommy Hudson from the team's practice squad.

I think a forfeit is very likely if the NFL cannot reschedule the game for later in this season....if the season is actually still being played.

This isn't MLB, where most teams played a ridiculous amount of doubleheaders after the Marlins had an outbreak of COVID and disrupted other teams schedules, mainly the Phillies.

The NFL schedule has very little room for rearranging.
Maybe call all games like this a tie or a forfeit for the Covid team.

Steelers are gonna be pissed if game is postponed because that will basically force them into taking a bye week now as well and could force them to play @ TN and then @ Ravens back to back....
I agree. The game, if not played on Sunday, will be played on Monday or Tuesday and i will probably have to pay money to watch it. If I can find a place open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back