Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard that. Not saying you’re wrong just don’t recall that being a thing. But I will it is weird how the players went from no symptoms Monday and Tuesday to flu like today. I wouldn’t think football related would be that delayed.
In regards to COVID, one of my clients was diagnosed last week, felt fine the day before I talked with him which was 4 days after being diagnosed, then the very next day got whammed with flu-like symptoms. The virus definitely has a mind of its own...

I agree, but why are we calling it flu like symptoms still. Can't we just say they are positive and showing symptoms? it is symptoms of Covid...
I think the difference is that COVID can actually have quite a few symptoms. It can be as little as just losing your taste/smell, or similar to a flu with body aches and fever, or it can be more similar to pneumonia with severe cough, shortness of breath, and further complicating symptoms where it gets extremely dangerous.

It's shown to be a pretty wild and varied virus.

In regards to COVID, one of my clients was diagnosed last week, felt fine the day before I talked with him which was 4 days after being diagnosed, then the very next day got whammed with flu-like symptoms. The virus definitely has a mind of its own...

I would imagine it's the mind...... the mind is a powerful thing ---

Placebos were a huge success years ago, and sometimes still today --- as if you tell the patient you're giving them ibprofuen, but it's really just a pill of sugar... and it still works.....

Same thing with illnesses and sicknesses.... If you keep telling yourself you seem sick, you're mind will create the symptom - my uncle taught us that when were very little, not to worry ABOUT HAVING SOMETHING, because your composition can play tricks on you.

So in her case, the moment she heard COVID, she knew the symptoms, and it's like a bad shot in the arm.

I keep reading reports that the nfl should treat this like MLB. There have been many games missed by MLB because of Covid and I remember the marlins having like 25 to 30 players test positive. It is what it is and the NFL will adapt.

I keep reading reports that the nfl should treat this like MLB. There have been many games missed by MLB because of Covid and I remember the marlins having like 25 to 30 players test positive. It is what it is and the NFL will adapt.

MLB handled it very poorly. I would advise not handling it like the MLB.

but at this point it’s pretty obvious the NFL didn’t have a real plan. It was more of a “we will just have to figure it out if it happens” type of mentality. That’s basically what MLB did too.

It’s impossible to prepare for every scenario but no excuses for not having any type of plan.

Placebos were a huge success years ago, and sometimes still today --- as if you tell the patient you're giving them ibprofuen, but it's really just a pill of sugar... and it still works.....

Same thing with illnesses and sicknesses.... If you keep telling yourself you seem sick, you're mind will create the symptom - my uncle taught us that when were very little, not to worry ABOUT HAVING SOMETHING, because your composition can play tricks on you.

So in her case, the moment she heard COVID, she knew the symptoms, and it's like a bad shot in the arm.

That or the COVID.

I doubt the placebo effect is in play here. My guy thought he would be a symptomatic the whole time and was scheduling work like crazy, then overnight got a fever and that was it. The placebo effect usually doesn’t impact temperature but rather more pain associated symptoms. Otherwise, when Double-blind drug test are done in the lab, you wouldn’t get quality results on results not associated with pain or discomfort.

If only a couple sports leagues showed them EXACTLY how to do this without issue....

16 weeks isn't long at all to play in a bubble/on campus.

Idiots.

If only a couple sports leagues showed them EXACTLY how to do this without issue....

16 weeks isn't long at all to play in a bubble/on campus.

Idiots.

You can’t compare basketball and football. Impossible to play in a bubble. They’d need 32 fields just to practice on. Then how are you going to play 14 games in one day & on one field? It’s not possible.

Basketball was near the end of their season and it was much easier to coordinate that. As well as being able to play more than one game a week.

The NFL has handled this poorly but a bubble was not a realistic option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back