Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

The data @HurrayTitans! posted doesn't bare that out.

But it does. The data suggests he himself posted shows that the likelihood of selecting a PB caliber player in picks 1-5 is 57%. That number drops to 41% in picks 6-10. Picks 11-20 has a slightly higher chance at 43%, but you can basically assume <2% is just statistical noise in this case.

A 15% difference is significant. That means in any given draft, if you draft in the top 5, you are more likely than not to draft a PB caliber player. The data on AP selections is murky, because there are so few AP selections in a given year. But it still suggests you are more likely to find one in the Top 5 than anywhere else in the draft.

seems to only cost the Titans a lot to move up... also Titans seem to not get shown that love when trying to move down

We received a pretty huge haul from the Rams. Either way, I am not sure what that has to do with the general cost of moving up in the draft. If the value of draft positions is insignificant, why do not see that reflected in what actually happens during the draft?

But it does. The data suggests he himself posted shows that the likelihood of selecting a PB caliber player in picks 1-5 is 57%. That number drops to 41% in picks 6-10. Picks 11-20 has a slightly higher chance at 43%, but you can basically assume <2% is just statistical noise in this case.

A 15% difference is significant. That means in any given draft, if you draft in the top 5, you are more likely than not to draft a PB caliber player. The data on AP selections is murky, because there are so few AP selections in a given year. But it still suggests you are more likely to find one in the Top 5 than anywhere else in the draft.
I would use more than just PB. By itself it can be a little misleading.
I honestly think players reaching a second contract likely have more value than a guy that may have reached a PB or 2.
It also depends on what position is picked.

IF T ends up being what Ten selects, they’re equal or even better at 6-10 than 1-5. If they select QB or WR, 1-5 is significantly better.

I would use more than just PB. By itself it can be a little misleading.
I honestly think players reaching a second contract likely have more value than a guy that may have reached a PB or 2.
It also depends on what position is picked.

IF T ends up being what Ten selects, they’re equal or even better at 6-10 than 1-5. If they select QB or WR, 1-5 is significantly better.
Thank you for your research and work
I enjoy your data

TN defense
sacks: 45
INT: 6 -- S I X
forced fumbles - 12 (credit where credit due)

Opponents defense
sacks: 64
INT: 11
forced fumbles - 11

You got 2 guys accounting for half the sacks on defense and the most INT one guy had was 2

m e a n w h i l e

OLine gives up nearly 4 sacks/game :rolleyes:

TN defense
sacks: 45
INT: 6 -- S I X
forced fumbles - 12 (credit where credit due)

Opponents defense
sacks: 64
INT: 11
forced fumbles - 11

You got 2 guys accounting for half the sacks on defense and the most INT one guy had was 2

m e a n w h i l e

OLine gives up nearly 4 sacks/game :rolleyes:
Defense was halfway decent. Number 1 or 2 RedZone defense in the league. (So they said during the last Jags game)

Titans lost 7 games by 1 score. Think I counted 4 games that were a field goal or less.

Need a few pieces on defense still but fixing the OLine would help the offense tremendously..in turn, possibly could have won a fair number of those 1 score games.

Last edited by a moderator:
how many of those did we lead before the last FG/TD? seems like D folded when it mattered more often than not

they're good for one 4th&goal at 1yard line a year
That's true and I thought about that. But on the reverse side, how many times did the offense go 3 and out because RB got stuffed 2 times then the QB got sacked?

Good offense will make the defense better.

@HurrayTitans! Since you're the Gotitans.com data machine. Can you pull up the last 10 SB HC winners and tell us why we're all fixated on getting a young innovative HC lol. Just looked it up and saw that it's still the OG's winning the rings.

@HurrayTitans! Since you're the Gotitans.com data machine. Can you pull up the last 10 SB HC winners and tell us why we're all fixated on getting a young innovative HC lol. Just looked it up and saw that it's still the OG's winning the rings.
Mcvay reached SB year 2, 1st HC gig, at 32 yo but won in year 5 at 35

Pederson won year 2, 1st HC gig at 49 yo.

Kubiak won 1st year, 2nd HC gig at 54 yo. Team was pretty built before he got there.

Carroll, arians, Reid, bellicheck, all certainly meet the old timer title. Plenty of HC experience, multiple teams, not young.
Tom Brady being youthful on the team helps.

Latest posts

Back