Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

…. And yet this amazing big leg Dallas kicker Brandon Aubrey that
Y’all are all so hot about has missed 3 xtra points. lol. All things are relative.

You can find things to complain about if you want. If you are negative and always looking to be, nothing will ever be good enough.

Folk wasnt a perfect solution, but he was the best option the Titans had. He has been good, not great. But he has been consistent on the FGs you need to make.
no one of the TC legs was the best option... folk was a waste

Kicking FG%/XP%:

'21: 81.3%/91.5%
'22: 83.3%/97.0%
'23: 97.0%/92.3%

Until the Titans play a modern NFL offense that can score more than an average of 1.8 touchdowns a game, having a 95%+ kicker is a must and totally worth a 7th-round pick.

Some you guys gotta be trollin'.

This team is really rough on fans and those involved in anyway with the team. Rumors are when we rolled out that jacked dude as a mascot dressed up as gladiator it was because T Rac was in rehab for meth.
the first Titandude put on a shirt when weather turned cold

qElMKhg.gif

The king isn’t going to get the crown this year but with a big game could sneak back to #2.
Currently #5

CMC 1459
K Williams 1144
J cook 1089
Swift 1049
Henry 1014
Mostart 1012

his 11 TD are top 5 RB,

Crazy stat, Hurts and J Allen both have 15 rushing TD.
That is the new record surpassing Newton’s 2011 season w/ 14
Hurts had 13 last year and Newton had 12 in 2020.
Then a huge gap in time:
Steve Grogan 1976 had 12

Except that is proven to be false. We know where the best players are normally drafted. The stats bear that out.
Which teams are there every year and don’t get better after top 5 picks and will be top 5 again this season? Which ones? You are just wrong. It’s not the same teams and most teams do have success after drafting low.
From 2000-2019 the likelihood of any player drafted in the top 5 to have multiple pro-bowl seasons is right at 50%. Move that to numbers 6-10 and the likelihood drops to 33%. You don't want to see the numbers for the rest of the 1st round.
spent some time researching a lot of different specific results from the draft. I will break this up to multiple posts to avoid 1 super long post.

I took every pick from 2000-2019 (20 years) and determined what the team that drafted the player got out of them. This includes:
-Team select top 5/ 6-10 x amount of times netting how many additional top 5/ 6-10/ 28-32 (bottom 5). This is through 2023 season.
-pro bowler
-1st team All pro (profootball reference doesn’t recognize 2nd team. Probably valuable info, just a lot deeper research)
-years on team (I saw argument of PB value and added years with team as just another stat do differentiate, not a great decider by itself)
-players gone at 3 or less seasons. Reason gone from team irrelevant as they no longer help the team that drafted them. A typical rookie contract even in early 2000’s would get 4+ years for a 1st rounder.

I compared groups as such:
1-5, 6-10, 11-20, 21-32. I think this is reasonable for argument’s sake of general value of draft pick area.

i also broke down positional results to compare if a QB top 5 fared better than 6-10 as ex.

I excluded 2020-2023 as it is difficult to compare among rest when initial contracts are not even completed although those numbers are added separately from the 20 year period.

Latest posts

Back