Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Titans wasted a draft pick... had 2 Ks thru TC and punted them for a weak legged greybeard Xpatriot

Who has the 2nd best FG% of all kickers in the NFL. Longest 40 and in streak in history. Folk is doing his job. If you are looking for FGs from 55 and out you are running a shit offense.

How good are those kickers we had in TC? Where are they now? Making all those 60 yard FGs? Perfect in xtra points?

I’ll tell you

Badgley was 3 of 4 in training camp. Career long 53 yards. Has played in 2 games this season He was with the Titans in 2021 and played 1 game and missed a FG of 40 yards and missed an xtra point. In 1 game.

Caleb Shudak Career long 38 yards. Played NO where this a season after being cut.

Trey Wolff. Also.. no where. No stats isn’t playing.

The stats are out there. Instead of just thinking you know.. Look it up. Don’t keep looking like a moron, which you appear to not care about. Between the 3 they have 2 games played in the NFL this a season. It’s one guy. Why? They suck. They are and wouldn’t have been better than Folk. If we hadn’t went and got Folk and ran with one of these kickers you guys would have been bitching about that.

You sound stupid continuing this argument. You are wrong, very wrong about Folk and the 7th round pick.

There a lot of reasons to be frustrated when it comes to the Titans. Nick Folk and that 7th round pick ain’t one of them.

Who has the 2nd best FG% of all kickers in the NFL. Longest 40 and in streak in history. Folk is doing his job. If you are looking for FGs from 55 and out you are running a **** offense.

How good are those kickers we had in TC? Where are they now? Making all those 60 yard FGs? Perfect in xtra points?

I’ll tell you

Badgley was 3 of 4 in training camp. Career long 53 yards. Has played in 2 games this season He was with the Titans in 2021 and played 1 game and missed a FG of 40 yards and missed an xtra point. In 1 game.

Caleb Shudak Career long 38 yards. Played NO where this a season after being cut.

The stats are out there. Instead of just thinking you know.. Look it up. Don’t keep looking like a moron, which you appear to not care about. Between the 3 they have 2 games played in the NFL this a season. It’s one guy. Why? They suck. They are and wouldn’t have been better than Folk. If we hadn’t went and got Folk and ran with one of these kickers you guys would have been bitching about that.

You sound stupid continuing this argument. You are wrong, very wrong about Folk and the 7th round pick.

There a lot of reasons to be frustrated when it comes to the Titans. Nick Folk and that 7th round pick ain’t one of them.
so you are saying Ran and vrable have turrible judgement when evaluating kickers ...

Sure… I know who Brick Purdy is. Point? Are all 7th rounders MVPs? If Purdy gets it, Has there ever been one before ? The % is not good for 7th rounders. They rarely stick.

We needed a consistent kicker. We got one by trading for him using a low cost draft pick.

You do realize Folk has the current and ongoing NFL record for FGs inside 40. 78 in a row. 78! We didn’t get a scrub.
Most draft picks don't win MVPs. By your logic we should stop drafting all together. What an obscene argument lmao

Also how many extra points in a row has folk made? I'm not sure but I know it's not enough.

Who has the 2nd best FG% of all kickers in the NFL. Longest 40 and in streak in history. Folk is doing his job. If you are looking for FGs from 55 and out you are running a **** offense.

I’ll tell you

Yes, he’s been superb kicking inside 40 pretty real good low 50’s… how many times have we ran the O out there because of lack of leg and failed for some reason? I don’t know the answer, but if you need a 58/60 to get it, most likely running a play there! Have zero problems with his performance. There is however a dynamic that is left out of this conversation.

Yes, he’s been superb kicking inside 40 pretty real good low 50’s… how many times have we ran the O out there because of lack of leg and failed for some reason? I don’t know the answer, but if you need a 58/60 to get it, most likely running a play there! Have zero problems with his performance. There is however a dynamic that is left out of this conversation.

There aren’t a lot of kickers that are routine from 58/60. We aren’t missing much. The success rate drops drastically over 50 and even more over 55.

I get it. I would love to have a Justin Tucker who can tie or win a game from 55 plus. But not many teams have that.

There aren’t a lot of kickers that are routine from 58/60. We aren’t missing much. The success rate drops drastically over 50 and even more over 55.

I get it. I would love to have a Justin Tucker who can tie or win a game from 55 plus. But not many teams have that.
Disagree, most teams have the leg that make it possible- Folk doesn’t have a prayer at 58. Return incoming. You didn’t address that fact. It impacts plays within those few yds bigly. It’s off the map. Even 55/57 the coaches thinking…

Last edited by a moderator:
Disagree, most teams have the leg that make it possible- Folk doesn’t have a prayer at 58. Return incoming. You didn’t address that fact. It impacts plays within those few yds bigly. It’s off the map

I agree. It does impact decision making. But we had kickers missing the easy ones for too long. We had to do something. Folk is 4 of 5 over 50. His long is 53. He isn’t a long term answer.

BTW… 16 kickers in the NFL this season have made kicks over 55.

I agree. It does impact decision making. But we had kickers missing the easy ones for too long. We had to do something. Folk is 4 of 5 over 50. His long is 53. He isn’t a long term answer.

BTW… 16 kickers in the NFL this season have made kicks over 55.
We ain’t one of em…

Btw- not at all chitting on the old bear Folk. Just things aren’t so easily explained as you say they are. Kickers have cost us many W’s recently. Folk too

Btw- not at all chitting on the old bear Folk. Just things aren’t so easily explained as you say they are. Kickers have cost us many W’s recently. Folk too

But a lot of other things cost us more, like 2 blocked punts.

Bitching about Folk is just looking for something new to whine about.

Wasn’t bitching- said he’s been superb. Just those tweeners- points vs punting. Dude can’t get 58 if he prayed for it.
We could almost argue that his accuracy inside 50 cost the NO game. Vrabel was so confident in folk, he kicked a FG instead of trying for a W. Just accepting the 16-15 L.

of course the success rate drops the longer the kick is lol. No one is going 100% from 60 over the course of a caree. But it would be nice for it to at least be an option to kick a 60 yarder. Nick Folk career long is 56 yards, he hasn't made a field goal over 55 yards in over ten years. Meanwhile you have a soccer player in Dallas who is perfect on field goals and can hit from 60. In what is a lost season why aren't we trying something like that?

Also Justin Tucker is 20% from over 50 this year lmfao

of course the success rate drops the longer the kick is lol. No one is going 100% from 60 over the course of a caree. But it would be nice for it to at least be an option to kick a 60 yarder. Nick Folk career long is 56 yards, he hasn't made a field goal over 55 yards in over ten years. Meanwhile you have a soccer player in Dallas who is perfect on field goals and can hit from 60. In what is a lost season why aren't we trying something like that?

Also Justin Tucker is 20% from over 50 this year lmfao

…. And yet this amazing big leg Dallas kicker Brandon Aubrey that
Y’all are all so hot about has missed 3 xtra points. lol. All things are relative.

You can find things to complain about if you want. If you are negative and always looking to be, nothing will ever be good enough.

Folk wasnt a perfect solution, but he was the best option the Titans had. He has been good, not great. But he has been consistent on the FGs you need to make.

But a lot of other things cost us more, like 2 blocked punts.

Bitching about Folk is just looking for something new to whine about.
…. And yet this amazing big leg Dallas kicker Brandon Aubrey that
Y’all are all so hot about has missed 3 xtra points. lol. All things are relative.

You can find things to complain about if you want. If you are negative and always looking to be, nothing will ever be good enough.

Folk wasnt a perfect solution, but he was the best option the Titans had. He has been good, not great. But he has been consistent on the FGs you need to make.
Good enough? For what? One of the worst teams in the league the past 20 or so games?

Congratulations I guess.

Latest posts

Back