Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

On the pass-blocking front, the Titans earned a 73.0 grade from Pro Football Focus (12th overall)

On the run-blocking front, the Titans earned a 70.8 grade from PFF (fourth overall).

The Titans ran only 19 times against the Saints, but averaged 4.7 yards per carry, the seventh-best figure in the league in Week One.

Dillon Radunz’s 74.3 PFF grade has him as the #8 highest graded Guard in the league out of 72 eligible guards.

Skoronski is 3
Radunz is 8
Brunskill is 17

Now as for stats. Hit my first two time 4 bag in a cornhole game victory. That’s 24 points in, only walked with 6 points. Now that was my fifth and sixth four bag in history, with the first two resulting in losses. As for 4 bags, 2 have been victories and 3 have resulted in losses. Four of those six 4 bags have come in the last few weeks, with average beer intake hovering around 5/6 at the time of 4 bag games. Average bag per throw is not shabby, hanging somewhere around 2.2/2.3 per round. Average bags per round against opponent is over 4 bags in hole. Wins and losses in 5 game series is equal at the moment, with myself and my two 4 bag game giving me the belt and chit talking duties til Sunday. Still working on the math if it is better to sink first bag thrown, or leave a blocker to push. I usually go for the hole when i am first, and its often answered. More to come on the blocker vs going for it.
A complex strategy

Since Vrabel took over as head coach in 2018, the titans have won the most games as the underdog. 23 games.

I think this only confirms what we all know, titans play better as the underdogs.
I’m pretty sure this trend goes back much further than Vrabel.

Tajae Spears' 6.9 yards per attempt is the third-best in the NFL.
He's averaging 5.27 yards after contact per carry, also the third-best rate in the league.
Pro Football Reference defines "success rate" as a carry that gains at least 40% of the necessary yards to convert for a first down on first down, at least 60% of those yards on second down and 100% of those yards on third and fourth down. Spears has a success rate of 81.8%. That isn't just the best rate in the NFL by ALOT, but only one other player is even above 70%.
Pro Football Focus gives him the #1 overall rushing grade in the league.
He has forced five missed tackles on 11 carries — the second-best rate of any player with 10 or more rush attempts.

Tajae Spears' 6.9 yards per attempt is the third-best in the NFL.
He's averaging 5.27 yards after contact per carry, also the third-best rate in the league.
Pro Football Reference defines "success rate" as a carry that gains at least 40% of the necessary yards to convert for a first down on first down, at least 60% of those yards on second down and 100% of those yards on third and fourth down. Spears has a success rate of 81.8%. That isn't just the best rate in the NFL by ALOT, but only one other player is even above 70%.
Pro Football Focus gives him the #1 overall rushing grade in the league.
He has forced five missed tackles on 11 carries — the second-best rate of any player with 10 or more rush attempts.

Best player playing with his left shoe untied while the wind blows more than 7 mph from the northweast. Not only that, he had 3 eggs for breakfast and no other player had more than 3 and also ran for a first down while a defender wearing number 87 was lined up on the left side of the line with grass stains on their right shoulder.

After 2 Weeks:
Nate Davis has the 6th WORST pass blocking grade at 26.8
Daniel Brunskill has the 6th BEST pass blocking grade at 77.8
Upgrade?

After 2 Weeks:
Nate Davis has the 6th WORST pass blocking grade at 26.8
Daniel Brunskill has the 6th BEST pass blocking grade at 77.8
Upgrade?
Curious how a QB like Fields affects that? He’s kind of a squirrely guy and maybe that makes it harder to block for. He didn’t seem that bad to me.

Latest posts

Back