Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking: With with the haul coming in on the Diggs trade (1st,4th,5th &6th round picks), Bill O'Brien was seen being chased through Houston by an angry mob.

I say we go all in and pony up the money to get Clowney. This team has a lot of talent across the board but our biggest need remains edge rusher, and we won’t be able to improve that much with lower tier signings or the draft. Clowney has his risks, but think of Clowney/Evans/Brown/Landry as our starting linebackers. That unit is filthy. We would have the talent of an elite defense, combined with a potent offense. That’s a legit Super Bowl contender for day 1

I say we go all in and pony up the money to get Clowney. This team has a lot of talent across the board but our biggest need remains edge rusher, and we won’t be able to improve that much with lower tier signings or the draft. Clowney has his risks, but think of Clowney/Evans/Brown/Landry as our starting linebackers. That unit is filthy. We would have the talent of an elite defense, combined with a potent offense. That’s a legit Super Bowl contender for day 1

Amen brotha. Fowler would be great too. Only way it's possible is if we cut/trade Casey or daqoun jones though. We would absolutely need that extra cap space to make this happen.

Since Jones has no trade value, we'd have to cut him which would free up roughly 7 million. Trading Casey would free up about 10 million(double check my numbers) and we could probably get a mid round pick for him. Obviously, the paperwork would need to be all ready to sign with Clowney/Fowler to even consider making the move though.

Its a lofty dream at this point, but if we pulled it off we'd be in great shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody seen the Mariota contract numbers yet?

Nope.

God reddit is just covered in lame nausea inducing "goodbye my sweet hawaian prince" posts the last day or two. I'm probably gonna get banned from the Titans sub for crapping in as many as I can.

Ive never seen more people get weepy for a scrub player leaving in my life.

Amen brotha. Fowler would be great too. Only way it's possible is if we cut/trade Casey or daqoun jones though. We would absolutely need that extra cap space to make this happen.

Since Jones has no trade value, we'd have to cut him which would free up roughly 7 million. Trading Casey would free up about 10 million(double check my numbers) and we could probably get a mid round pick for him. Obviously, the paperwork would need to be all ready to sign with Clowney/Fowler to even consider making the move though.

Its a lofty dream at this point, but if we pulled it off we'd be in great shape.

we wouldn’t have to restructure or trade any players to land Clowney as long as the deal was structured like Frank Clark’s.....5 yr 104k with 62mil guaranteed but yr one cap hit only 6.5mil because of the huge signing bonus and vet minimum initial base salary...

I really want to see Jones and Davis ball out during their contract years, but I could see both being tradeable given the fact that they both are probably gone after this yr

We should have cap space for one of them. We have 21.5 mill right now.

Apparently it was the plan from the start. Brady wanted them to sign Tannehill first so they could trade him and get additional picks to better the team.
Also involved were the Browns who agreed to sign Conklin and eat half his salary and be traded back to the Titans for a 3rd.

That makes no sense. What would be easier is to cut Jones, then sign Clowney AND DJ Reader, then restructure Casey and Butlers contracts. Could definitely have enough money there, AND to sign a little extra depth and our draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back