Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we don't have much cap space left, but just resigning our own guys isn't going to improve this team. I was hoping for at least 1-2 new additions to try and help put us over the top. I know it's only been one day, but I can't remember the last time we didn't sign new players on the opening of the new league year.

I know we don't have much cap space left, but just resigning our own guys isn't going to improve this team. I was hoping for at least 1-2 new additions to try and help put us over the top. I know it's only been one day, but I can't remember the last time we didn't sign new players on the opening of the new league year.

Yeah but when’s the last time we re signed our own guy to massive contract during free agency? Hell whens the last time we used the franchise tag? Just relax my guy the times are changing.

That makes no sense. What would be easier is to cut Jones, then sign Clowney AND DJ Reader, then restructure Casey and Butlers contracts. Could definitely have enough money there, AND to sign a little extra depth and our draft picks.

You're right..that's alot easier. :deadhorse::hang:

Because butler and casey are going to restructure and you think we can get reader and clowney. I've finally come to realize this forum is filled with special people.

Bree’s 2 years 25$ Mil per. Giving the home team a nice discount considering we are going to pay Tanny 29.5$ mil. Hmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Bree’s 2 years 25$ Mil per. Giving the home team a nice discount considering we are going to pay Tanny 29.5$ mil. Hmm
I wonder how much money Brees makes through endorsements? They may play a role on him willing to take below market to stay. Plus, he might not want to move his family for the difference he'd made going elsewhere.

I wonder how much money Brees makes through endorsements? They may play a role on him willing to take below market to stay. Plus, he might not want to move his family for the difference he'd made going elsewhere.

Yep good point and the fact that he's made $244 million through NFL contracts to this point.

Yeah i figure all that comes into play pretty significantly, just as a vet who could probably get a one or two year deal for big $ with a few franchises on the cusp (not that NO would ever let this walk), it’s a little surprising he is willing to go that low compared to market. Though as Dmant5x points out above, he’s made a little bit of cash in his career so far ...

That is the key thing that cowboys have tried to explain to Dak Prescott he will never make more money than in dallas. The endorsements matter, and being the qb of the dallas cowgirls you get them. He should take 30 million and roll on. I personally would rather have Tanney as Dak. I think he is overrated.

Most big names didn't sign yesterday. And we have plenty of cap room (around 30ish million before any other cuts) to make at least 1 other big move. Maybe 2 big moves if we restructure some contracts/cut Casey/Daquon.

I'd be willing to bet DJ Reader, Clowney, and Chris Harris are at the top of our wish list.

Most big names didn't sign yesterday. And we have plenty of cap room (around 30ish million before any other cuts) to make at least 1 other big move. Maybe 2 big moves if we restructure some contracts/cut Casey/Daquon.

I'd be willing to bet DJ Reader, Clowney, and Chris Harris are at the top of our wish list.

Why does this "Cut Casey" thing keep popping up? The is literally no chance that's happening.

I'd be ecstatic if we somehow signed Clowney. At least they'd be making an effort to find a legit pass rusher.

Is Suh still out there too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back