Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think we could stay with Logan Woodside as our backup QB. Or draft someone mid round. I don’t see us signing one. Although there are three or four good ones from the XFL I’d invite to camp.

Trade away Corey Davis. I bet we could get a 2nd for him. Then leverage that 2nd to move up in the first and get one of the ridiculous WRs in this draft to pair with AJ. Saves $8 million in the process :)
Cam Phillips from the Houston Roughnecks and we’re set at WR.
You could probably get rid of all the rest and keep just Phillips. Lots of saved money and a SB trophy.

Dang, I didn't realize we're almost out of cap space to improve the team. Lot of money to pay Tammy and tag DH. I suspect we draft a CB for sure to replace Logan and look to get a pass rusher early. There's no way we get a 2nd for Corey, I think at best a 4th.

Dang, I didn't realize we're almost out of cap space to improve the team. Lot of money to pay Tammy and tag DH. I suspect we draft a CB for sure to replace Logan and look to get a pass rusher early. There's no way we get a 2nd for Corey, I think at best a 4th.

It goes fast. Where are all the people that said we could sign Tannehill, Henry, Conk, and Ryan no problem?

It goes fast. Where are all the people that said we could sign Tannehill, Henry, Conk, and Ryan no problem?
Well, Kelly and Beasley ate some of it. But, I have always felt that a restructure of Casey and a Butler would be key to bringing in some upgrades. We really are more in maintenance mode than improvement mode given the sheer number of guys that hit this year. I am sure this season will be a learning experience for JR and he will look around corners he may have missed to this point.

RB market is FA day 3 thing, look for something at RB.

Henry is bad in pass pro and rookies generally blow that job too. Market isnt great but maybe we add a RB soon

Trade away Corey Davis. I bet we could get a 2nd for him. Then leverage that 2nd to move up in the first and get one of the ridiculous WRs in this draft to pair with AJ. Saves $8 million in the process :)

What are we gonna use that 8 million for though? If it would allow us to bring in a prime target like Chris Harris Jr or Dj Reader, for instance, I'd be all for it. Otherwise, I'd rather keep Davis for 2020 than take a chance on another rookie.

RB market is FA day 3 thing, look for something at RB.

Henry is bad in pass pro and rookies generally blow that job too. Market isnt great but maybe we add a RB soon

Shady McCoy would be my preference. Miller would be nice as well, but he's probably looking for a team where he has a chance to be the primary back. Devonta Freeman is my second choice right now. After that it's pretty slim pickens. Probably Chris Thompson as the best of the rest.

Shady McCoy would be my preference. Miller would be nice as well, but he's probably looking for a team where he has a chance to be the primary back. Devonta Freeman is my second choice right now. After that it's pretty slim pickens. Probably Chris Thompson as the best of the rest.
I think my most desirable RBs would be Carlos Hyde, Frank Gore, or Jordan Howard

Reader is already gone. Highest paid NT in the league.

Well damn
Minus 5.5 for rookies.
So 6.5m, and have more spots to fill than draft picks.

Pretty sure that 12 million reflects those numbers already.

These were the numbers before Beasley:

Updated look at Tennessee Titans' cap space after recent moves

"After all the moves the Titans have made thus far, they have about $28-29 million to spend, according to John Glennon of The Athletic, who cites the numbers of Over the Cap and Spotrac."

So we're looking at about 20 million after the Beasley signing, not counting draft pick allocation. So we probably have somewhere around 14-15 million left to spend in FA if we don't cut anyone else/restructure contracts.

Hyde will be looking for starter pay and hasn't shown particularly useful in the passing game. Gore is way too old.

Howard wouldn't be a bad option. I overlooked him.
Hyde probably is looking for opportunities

Gore is not too old

And Howard is also not ideal receiving back but again, i dont think henry is a bad outlet to toss the ball to

Hyde probably is looking for opportunities

Gore is not too old

And Howard is also not ideal receiving back but again, i dont think henry is a bad outlet to toss the ball to

Gore is about to 37 years old in May. That is old for any position but its absolutely ancient for a RB.

Hes still good tho

He's durable. I'll give him that. But I would not categorize Gore as good. He's cracked 4 YPC only once in the last 4 years. If he's dirt cheap, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer as our No. 3 RB, but we better be drafting Cam Akers or some other do everything RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back