Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clowney to decide between the Titans or Seahawks shortly. It's looking like we have the edge, going all in according to latest reports. Going to dumb Corey Davis, guarantee 3 years on Clowney and pick up a receiver in the second round.
If we cut Davis after a year of turf toe, FINALLY getting an NFL QB, and having spent #5 on him, I'd lose my shit. I still don't like the Casey trade, but if they cut Davis or trade him for next to nothing, I might start souring on JR.

Where did you see this? I haven't seen anything that lines up with what you posted.

If we cut Davis after a year of turf toe, FINALLY getting an NFL QB, and having spent #5 on him, I'd lose my ****. I still don't like the Casey trade, but if they cut Davis or trade him for next to nothing, I might start souring on JR.

Where did you see this? I haven't seen anything that lines up with what you posted.
The Tennessee Titans don’t have many moves left that they could make to increase cap space, though with rumors of interest in likely top-40 WR Jalen Reagor swirling around there is once scenario that opens up some cap space.

If the Titans decide that they want to move Corey Davis for a top-100 pick, then they would free up cap space in 2021 when his 5th-year option would come up. That would give them the potential to offer an aggressive 2-year deal with a lot of guarantees or incentives.

The Tennessee Titans don’t have many moves left that they could make to increase cap space, though with rumors of interest in likely top-40 WR Jalen Reagor swirling around there is once scenario that opens up some cap space.

If the Titans decide that they want to move Corey Davis for a top-100 pick, then they would free up cap space in 2021 when his 5th-year option would come up. That would give them the potential to offer an aggressive 2-year deal with a lot of guarantees or incentives.
But what do we need more cap space for? We already have enough to get Clowney if we wanted to. So why give up early on Davis?

Also, hypothetically they give up on Davis. What does that leave us with; a beast WR heading into a sophomore season, Humphries who battled injuries last year and was average at best, and.... and... a rookie unknown I suppose. That would be a horrendous plan. And God forbid AJ gets hurt and then the season becomes a write off. Seriously, trading Davis would be next level stupid IMO.

While I get your point, go look at the talent Tannehill had in Miami. Those rosters were dreadful. And look how his coach is doing now. Gase has made the Jets even worse, if that was possible.

Tannehill isn't elite, never will be. But he's a quality QB that you can win with, if you have a solid roster, which we do.

Lastly, who cares if he's paid top 10 QB money. All that means is he's one of the most recent QB's to sign. Next QB will bump him out and by next year, he'll be top 15 paid. That's how QB salaries work in the NFL, next man up.

I basically look back at the 2000 Ravens....they won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer.....TRENT DILFER! They did not get there because they had Dan Marino or some HOF QB. We have almost the talent needed to get there...and Tannehill is good enough to do it provided those around him keep playing well.

I basically look back at the 2000 Ravens....they won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer.....TRENT DILFER! They did not get there because they had Dan Marino or some HOF QB. We have almost the talent needed to get there...and Tannehill is good enough to do it provided those around him keep playing well.

They didn't have to face Maholmes.

I’ll say it, the 2000 titans D was equal if not better than 2000 ravens.

Ravens are on that pedestal only because they won in our playoff matchup.

I’ll say it, the 2000 titans D was equal if not better than 2000 ravens.

Ravens are on that pedestal only because they won in our playoff matchup.
Agree. We missed 4 field goals inside the 40 yard line....and one blocked for a ravens TD. If you look at the numbers, the titans totally outplayed them in that playoff game.
outgained the Ravens 317 yards to 134. We converted 23 first downs to the Ravens' 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back