Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. We missed 4 field goals inside the 40 yard line....and one blocked for a ravens TD. If you look at the numbers, the titans totally outplayed them in that playoff game.
outgained the Ravens 317 yards to 134. We converted 23 first downs to the Ravens' 6.

PPPPPLEASE don't bring back those memories.

If think if given the choice of the two, Jrob would go with Clowney. Familiarity with Vrabel, not a division rival getting a 1st, and he can get Clowney and keep his first, adding more players and depth/competition. I highly doubt we even look the other way with the Jags. I think we have quietly added pass rush depth and Jrob is likely really pushing to sign Clowney. That way pass rush is solved, resign Logan Ryan (who I feel earned a resigning) and he can add either a Casey replacement or weapons on Offense. It makes sense if you want to compete with KC

All I'm saying is I'd much rather sign Clowney than trade a 1st for Ngakoue.
You specifically said you would rather go after Ngakoue.
I also would rather sign Clowney to ensure we get one of them.
It appears most teams have backed off of Clowney except Seattle.
I’d hate for us to fight for the trade (I’m sure many teams would be interested) and then lose but by temporarily passing on Clowney, he gets resigned with Seattle and we end up with neither.

I'd like to think Ryan is worth a little bit more than 7M per season.
I like him, so I would like to hope that he is, but he isn't. Great all around DB. I do want him back, but his strength is playing the box and wasn't that great in coverage last year. Look at some of the other signings:

Eli Apple $6M
Ronald Darby $4M
Xavier Rhodes $5M
Nickell Robey-Coleman $1.3M
Jimmy Smith $6M
Janoris Jenkins $8M per year

Only a handful of corners are getting over $10M and Logan isn't a shut-down guy, unfortunately. Plus you still have guys like Mackenzie Alexander and Darqueze Dennard out there. There is just no way he's worth more than $7M. I think that is over his actual value but I'd overpay slightly because of his leadership.

Safeties appear to be getting even less on average and truthfully, I think Loan plays more like a SS who can cover, more so than a true cover corner.

That said, I thought he should of made the Pro Bowl. I'm being critical, but I do want to sign him. His leadership and physicality will be a tough loss to this D.

No need to worry. He's not coming here. Jags not going to trade within the division.
I think this line of thinking is super overstated.
I absolutely think the Jags would trade ANYONE for a 1st.

The true only time I can say a player was not traded to a divisional rival, explicitly because the other team was in the division, was the Packers/Vikings dealing with Favre.

All I'm saying is I'd much rather sign Clowney than trade a 1st for Ngakoue.
You specifically said you would rather go after Ngakoue.
Depends on what we do with that 1st.. obviously we don't know that but if it's a DE..I'd rather have Ngakoue than a rookie, yes more $ but better production.
I guess I'd rather have Ngakoue at 17 mil than Clowney at 20..I was all in on Clowney but kind of lost interest because it's taking so long!
I'd be happy with either..good point about Clowney and keeping the first.

Matt Moore is still available, he would be a good vet option

Jameis Winston?? Could be a good #2..has the arm for the deep ball we all keep wanting... unfortunately he makes alot of mistakes

Matt Moore is still available, he would be a good vet option

Jameis Winston?? Could be a good #2..has the arm for the deep ball we all keep wanting... unfortunately he makes alot of mistakes
He also just threw 5K yards and 30 TD.
Winston is going to be a starter somewhere or waaaaaay to expensive to be backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back