Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler has zero incentive to restructure. He gets 12m if we cut him. Watkins got nothing if they cut him.
No, add a year and more upfront money spread out and lower his cap number. Happens all the time. Part of the 12 becomes spread over the extra year and he gets his $ upfront. Not comparing him to Watkins, I just want to beef up the “D” with some FA muscle.

If he's going to be signed as a starter it will be after the draft or due to an injury in TC...or he would be signed by now

He won't get big money obviously, but he'll probably get more than Mary got. I think he goes somewhere with a chance to compete for the starting job. That is currently Cincy, NE, Miami, LA, and Washington. Whichever teams don't draft a 1st round QB will be all over Winston and Scam. I wouldn't rule out Denver or Jax either.

He won't get big money obviously, but he'll probably get more than Mary got. I think he goes somewhere with a chance to compete for the starting job. That is currently Cincy, NE, Miami, LA, and Washington. Whichever teams don't draft a 1st round QB will be all over Winston and Scam. I wouldn't rule out Denver or Jax either.
I can see Jacksonville going after him.
Maybe Denver depending how high they are on Lock.

John Clayton reporting that the Seahawks might be only willing to pay $13-15 million/ yr for him and that Everson Griffin is their backup plan. Says the Jets aren’t really interested anymore and that the Titans are still trying to make it happen.

^^That is the correct market value for Clowney around 15 mil....why I predicted from the beginning we probably wont get him. If we go way above market value thats a mistake. So probability has it Clowney will not pack up and leave Seattle for a few million dollars. That said the only shot we have might be in the guarantees of the contract we offer....a 4 year 60 million guaranteed 45 of that might do the trick....and works well for both.

View attachment 17353
Going to have to be reeeeeal creative if we are going to sign Clowney, Logan, and a backup QB.

It may be one or the other with Clowney & Logan at this point.
Probably coming down to that. That said I like our position in this. Considering the projected number of QBs and WR going in the first round....looking at 11 spots being QBs or WR, that gives us a high probability in nailing a DL and CB in the first 2 rounds. Not worried at this point if we don't sign Clowney.

^^That is the correct market value for Clowney around 15 mil....why I predicted from the beginning we probably wont get him. If we go way above market value thats a mistake. So probability has it Clowney will not pack up and leave Seattle for a few million dollars. That said the only shot we have might be in the guarantees of the contract we offer....a 4 year 60 million guaranteed 45 of that might do the trick....and works well for both.

This is one of those situations where the Tennessee tax situation may help us.

Clowney as a Titan - no state tax in 8 home games, and two away games. 10 of 16 games state tax free.

Clowney as a seahawk - 8 home games and two away games in some of the highest state tax rates in America. Maybe 2 games in tax free states out of 16.

If it's a couple million dollar difference on paper, it's really more than that.

The more I think about it, the more I feel we are going DT/CB with the first pick (barring we don’t sign Ryan or someone like Apple-otherwise DT/OL). We clearly have holes or upcoming holes there. It makes plenty of sense up to now anyways....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back