Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to sign Henry to a 3-4 year deal...hope we do something with the $ we freed up by trading Casey for a bag of balls

Draft a RB2 that can grow into the RB1
I'm not sure if you mean do something else (other than sign Henry) with the money we freed up with moving Clowney, but signing Henry to a deal would very likely save money against the cap this year.

His tag number is over $10M, so a 3-4 year deal at even $12M average/yr would have his first year cap number likely below $10M. Depends on how the contract is structured, but most deals go with the higher cap towards the end.

That all means that we easily could have locked Henry up without moving Casey. So if that wasn't the point of moving Casey, what was? I have to believe the team is firmly in the Clowney sweepstakes, or looking to do a trade for someone that is unhappy with their current contract situation.

The other possibility is that they roll that cap space into next year and look to grab a guy like Chris Jones if he's not tagged again.

The point I'm making is....if he performs like he did in Miami, the titans are finished. If he has a similar year as the past one, we will win the division.
He had 3 seasons better than any qb since the titans have been the titans.... What are you talking about....

I'm not sure if you mean do something else (other than sign Henry) with the money we freed up with moving Clowney, but signing Henry to a deal would very likely save money against the cap this year.

His tag number is over $10M, so a 3-4 year deal at even $12M average/yr would have his first year cap number likely below $10M. Depends on how the contract is structured, but most deals go with the higher cap towards the end.

That all means that we easily could have locked Henry up without moving Casey. So if that wasn't the point of moving Casey, what was? I have to believe the team is firmly in the Clowney sweepstakes, or looking to do a trade for someone that is unhappy with their current contract situation.

The other possibility is that they roll that cap space into next year and look to grab a guy like Chris Jones if he's not tagged again.
I meant do something, yes sign Henry but if that's the case with the numbers (not a cap expert) than do something. Clowney would be good but not overpaying for him.
Carlos Dunlap and Judon have been mentioned as a trade targets for us

He had 3 seasons better than any qb since the titans have been the titans.... What are you talking about....
I'm saying the team is set...We will fill in a few spots from the draft. Not signing Clowney hopefully we can in terms with Ryan. Team looks good Tanny is the man.

The point I'm making is....if he performs like he did in Miami, the titans are finished. If he has a similar year as the past one, we will win the division.

He was good in Miami. He just missed a bunch of games from 2016-2018. As long as we can keep him standing upright, he should continue to be a highly efficient QB. But I don't think people should start expecting Mahomes or anything.

He was good in Miami. He just missed a bunch of games from 2016-2018. As long as we can keep him standing upright, he should continue to be a highly efficient QB. But I don't think people should start expecting Mahomes or anything.
I think a big part of his mediocrity in Miami was the system he was in. It was very much a spread system, without much of a commitment to the run. Art Smith's heavy play action and vertical threat scheme is much more suited to Tannehill and it showed last year.

It also just seems like the light went on for him. He was throwing the ball in tight spaces with a ton of confidence last year. That's not something that just disappears because you had a year in the same scheme with the same playmakers around you.

Chiefs are in a spot. They better win it again this year. They are completely out of cap room and Patrick Mahomes, Chris Jones, Sammy Watkins are all becoming free agents. They'll have to let Jones and Watkins walk, probably make some cuts, and not bring on anyone else to be able to sign Mahomes to the deal he will get.
View attachment 17330

I think a big part of his mediocrity in Miami was the system he was in. It was very much a spread system, without much of a commitment to the run. Art Smith's heavy play action and vertical threat scheme is much more suited to Tannehill and it showed last year.

It also just seems like the light went on for him. He was throwing the ball in tight spaces with a ton of confidence last year. That's not something that just disappears because you had a year in the same scheme with the same playmakers around you.

Yep. I haven't seen a QB in a Titans uniform slinging dimes into small windows like that since mcnair. I want to see a lot more.

Chiefs are in a spot. They better win it again this year. They are completely out of cap room and Patrick Mahomes, Chris Jones, Sammy Watkins are all becoming free agents. They'll have to let Jones and Watkins walk, probably make some cuts, and not bring on anyone else to be able to sign Mahomes to the deal he will get.
View attachment 17330

The cap will increase next year to offset some of this. But, yeah, they likely will lose Jones and I imagine they will cut Honey Badger. But that only equals enough to cover Mahomes new salary (which will be around 30-35 per year). Maybe they can structure it a way to take less of a cap hit the 1st year. Watkins is likely gone as well, but he's a non-essential part of their offense. Mecole Hardman looks like he's going to get more touches as well.

The cap will increase next year to offset some of this. But, yeah, they likely will lose Jones and I imagine they will cut Honey Badger. But that only equals enough to cover Mahomes new salary (which will be around 30-35 per year). Maybe they can structure it a way to take less of a cap hit the 1st year. Watkins is likely gone as well, but he's a non-essential part of their offense. Mecole Hardman looks like he's going to get more touches as well.
I think his contract is going to blow anything previous out of the water. I expect he'll get $40M+ per year. He could easily be the first $200M man in the NFL.

View attachment 17330
They have 2 cut someone or else they can't even sign draft picks or a fa if anyone gets hurt

View attachment 17330
Actually with the Robinson deal they are well over the cap right now. Somethings gotta give. Watkins having a $21 million cap hit is insane. If they wanted to keep him in the fold, they could negotiate an extension to bring that waaaaaay down.

Still, they won’t be able to afford Jones and Mahomes next year with the current contracts on the books.

Makes you wonder if they only tagged Jones to trade him...
On a chiefs forum the thought was that they would try to trade him, but the Colts deal for Buckner has made it tough on their GM because the Colts dealt the 13th pick and so they feel that they need to get that much value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back