Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one factor that will determine the Tennessee titans future....that's the signing of Ryan Tannehill. Is he a 1 year wonder? Does he elevate himself with the elite quarterbacks of the world? If he's a bust, titans turn to a rebuild. Letting go of Casey has a 1 year outcome. So as titans fans, lets all pray Tannehill is the right deal, if he is all the other factors will fall into place.

I have faith in Tanny, but I would've rather seen us tag Tanny and sign Henry to a long term deal. If Tanny could duplicate next season like last season, then you give him the BIG MONEY.

I understand your point, however he's getting paid to be a top 10 quarterback....anything else will not have a good outcome.
He's getting paid to be a top-ten quarterback...right now. The dust hasn't settled with QB contacts yet.

And being top-ten does not mean elite. That's the top 1/3 of the league. Him being paid in the 7-10 range, depending on the metric being used, puts him exactly where he's been his entire career; good, not great.

The important thing he needs to do moving forward is take care of the ball. That was the biggest difference in his production last season versus his time in Miami.

He's getting paid to be a top-ten quarterback...right now. The dust hasn't settled with QB contacts yet.

And being top-ten does not mean elite. That's the top 1/3 of the league. Him being paid in the 7-10 range, depending on the metric being used, puts him exactly where he's been his entire career; good, not great.

The important thing he needs to do moving forward is take care of the ball. That was the biggest difference in his production last season versus his time in Miami.
The point I'm making is....if he performs like he did in Miami, the titans are finished. If he has a similar year as the past one, we will win the division.

I have faith in Tanny, but I would've rather seen us tag Tanny and sign Henry to a long term deal. If Tanny could duplicate next season like last season, then you give him the BIG MONEY.
RB deals just don't work. Henry isn’t any different than the other big RB signees. Franchise twice, then trade and move on.

I’m a huge Henry fan, always have been...They made the right call signing Tannehill first though. Dude got us to the AFC Championship and clearly outplayed Mary and put the team on his back. Everyone stepped up their game, including Henry, because now defenses had to respect the pass. Say 1 year all you want, but you can’t put a price on chemistry. Ask the Eagles how they do without Nick Foles.................I do think think we sign Henry long term though, so no harm no foul. Tannehill’s contract also isn’t anything crazy once a few more deals for QB’s roll through. That’s just the way it goes, and QB is the most important position on the field.

RB deals just don't work. Henry isn’t any different than the other big RB signees. Franchise twice, then trade and move on.

Yeah but Henry tying up money isn't going to be nothing like the money tied up towards Tanny.

This team doesn't come close to where we went without Henry. I know you've heard that plenty of times. Henry still has 3 really good years left in him.

If Tanny showed what he displayed last season for 2 years in a row, then no doubt I would've rather picked him over Henry to get the long term contract.

I personally would've given Henry a 3 year deal and tagged Tanny.

I’m a huge Henry fan, always have been...They made the right call signing Tannehill first though. Dude got us to the AFC Championship and clearly outplayed Mary and put the team on his back. Everyone stepped up their game, including Henry, because now defenses had to respect the pass. Say 1 year all you want, but you can’t put a price on chemistry. Ask the Eagles how they do without Nick Foles.................I do think think we sign Henry long term though, so no harm no foul. Tannehill’s contract also isn’t anything crazy once a few more deals for QB’s roll through. That’s just the way it goes, and QB is the most important position on the field.

If he plays on the tag this year we are not signing him long term. Maybe we tag twice, but I expect this is his last year.

I understand your point, however he's getting paid to be a top 10 quarterback....anything else will not have a good outcome.

He was top 5 in most of the important QB categories last yr....completion %, yds per catch, overall qb rating.....so we should feel good that he isn’t getting paid top 5 money

He was top 5 in most of the important QB categories last yr....completion %, yds per catch, overall qb rating.....so we should feel good that he isn’t getting paid top 5 money

I do feel good. My point is Tanny was our most important signing....his performance will dictate our success the next 3 seasons. We committed and we believe.

This is flawed logic. Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, Prescott, Darnold, Allen, etc will all be making more than Tannehill soon enough.
It doesn't matter a few million here or there....we committed big on Tanny, he's our quarterback....he decides the future of the titans the next 3 seasons.

This is flawed logic. Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, Prescott, Darnold, Allen, etc will all be making more than Tannehill soon enough.
AND... will reset the QB market big time. Tagging Tannehill with those upcoming salaries would drastically push his price tag up next year. Tagging Henry was the smarter financial move by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back