Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor is the Browns will likely cut Olivier Vernon. If Clowney falls through, and we could get Vernon for a decent price, he'd be an excellent replacement for Casey. Definitely been a better pass rusher than Casey the past few years.
Sign the guy that started Mary's downfall?

I rather he go off next year and get a big deal. Would be worth more than any trade.
I think i wouldn't mind CD having another year similar to last year, then we could resign him for relatively cheap.

Sure he hasn't produced like we hope a #5 pick would, but he is still a very good receiver, and a big part of our success on offense. Just about every big play we have you'll see Corey making a huge block to make it happen.

People act like since aj went off, it means Cd sucks, and that's just not the case. Minus a few drops, we can't really ask for a better #2 wr. We went for years without having one good receiver, now we have two that are good and people want to get rid of one. Smh.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a little hard to wrap my head around the numbers. If we only have 21.5m and Clowney will get 15-17m, and we need 5.5m for rookies... what's the plan? That means someone would need to be cut or restructured, AND all our backup QB would be a rookie or Woodside and our CB3, RB2, and WR4 would all be rookies. Our pass rush would be nasty, which may be worth it
We already have 51+ guys signed to contracts next season so there is going to be a few cuts to either make room for the rookies, or we won’t use all of the 5+ million because not all will make the roster. I would hope though we could get a couple guys to move some money around to free up a few more million. But man, Clowney, Simmons, Landry, Beasley doesn’t give the opposing QB a whole lot of time! I hope we land him bad!

I think i wouldn't mind CD having another year similar to last year, then we could resign him for relatively cheap.

Sure he hasn't produced like we hope a #5 pick would, but he is still a very good receiver, and a big part of our success on offense. Just about every big play we have you'll see Corey making a huge block to make it happen.

People act like since aj went off, it means Cd sucks, and that's just not the case. Minus a few drops, we can't really ask for a better #2 wr. We went for years without having one good receiver, now we have two that are good and people want to get rid of one. Smh.
Crazy how it works out.. If we were to pay Henry 14mil a year people would have a meltdown. Sign CD whose best attribute is blocking for Henry for 14 mil and it is a great deal...

How twisted is that.

I will be in melt down mode if we sign CD for 14.

You pay a WR to make plays and put up points. If you want blockers at WR for Henry just sign some blocking TEs and put them out on the field as WRs. CD is going to want good money, we will let him walk and he'll play the scheme card and draft position on his next team to get paid.

I agree 100% on him still making a big impact for us even when he dosn't catch the ball. I almost made a joke thread about if we should sign him 2 the oline.

I was just in the mindset that we will not keep him no matter what because of the cap so I rather have him go off help us win it all and get himself a big deal.

We would all love if he dies like he did last year and we still are good and can keep him for somewhat cheap and then he turns into a monster but how likely is that?

It's a little hard to wrap my head around the numbers. If we only have 21.5m and Clowney will get 15-17m, and we need 5.5m for rookies... what's the plan? That means someone would need to be cut or restructured, AND our backup QB would be a rookie or Woodside and our CB3, RB2, and WR4 would all be rookies. Our pass rush would be nasty, which may be worth it
Just because the average is 15-17 doesn't mean his cap hit will be that much this year unless it's an one year deal.

Just because the average is 15-17 doesn't mean his cap hit will be that much this year unless it's an one year deal.

And the 5.5 for rookies will really just be replacing some of the 51 players we currently have signed...so draft picks won’t crest that big of a cap hit. Maybe between 1-2 mill.

Exactly. A three or four year deal we could put a lot of it as signing bonus and spread it out. Go ahead and guarantee year two, the caps supposed to surge next year anyway.

But man, Clowney, Simmons, Landry, Beasley doesn’t give the opposing QB a whole lot of time! I hope we land him bad!

Daquan is legit too. A Landry, Simmons, Daquan, Clowney, Beasley front is better than anything we’ve probably ever had in Titantown. Add Correa and the human missile Evans and that’s a pretty fierce attack.

All this Clowney talk. What about Everson Griffen?
I started a new Madden 20 season a week or 2 ago with updated rosters. First thing I did was sign Griffen, Clowney and Ryan was already resigned for some reason (guessing the person who created the roster didn't know the Titans THAT well). Anyway, the defense is filthy lol.

Daquan is legit too. A Landry, Simmons, Daquan, Clowney, Beasley front is better than anything we’ve probably ever had in Titantown. Add Correa and the human missile Evans and that’s a pretty fierce attack.
This makes me wonder what the best front ever would be with players in their prime. What do you all think?

Freak - casey - fat al - ?

No doubt, he’s just more of a run stuffer so I didn’t mention him getting to the QB. But you’re right, rotating in Correa too, with Rashaan already at MLB, filthy. Hope we can draft a solid CB and sign Clowney because boy, this defense has the potential to be legittttt!!

This makes me wonder what the best front ever would be with players in their prime. What do you all think?

Freak - casey - fat al - ?
Casey and Al played a similar spot when we were a 4 front defense. Need to find a guy that can play closer to the Center to compliment those guys.

Having two 3-tech DLinemen in together is a bad idea. It leaves the center of the field open.

Google Image Result for http://cdn.insidethepylon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/e-gap-an-dia.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back