Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think this has been a bad offseason for O’Brien....can’t wait to see what Tunsil does next yr....O’Brien better be stocking up on lube because Big Laremy is gonna bend him over.

Reading reports the titans have agreed on terms with Clowney....will make it official after the draft, in order not to lose the 3rd round pick we gained for 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should post links to these reports, that way we know you're not just pretending you have "insider information"

Why Jadeveon Clowney and the Titans make perfect sense for each other

Jadeveon Clowney could reportedly be on his way to the Tennessee Titans
I see your point....report saying might have agreed to terms and waiting after the draft to announce. I'm sure you have read the same report.

Mike Herndon@MikeMiracles
· Apr 8, 2020

Also, if the #Titans DO have plans to sign Clowney, it would be ideal to make the signing official after May 5th. If he signs after that date, he would not count against them for comp pick purposes and would virtually guarantee that they’ll receive a 2021 3rd rounder for Conklin.

Mike Herndon@MikeMiracles

*CORRECTION*: That date is now April 28th. The new CBA changed it from second Tuesday after the draft to the first Tuesday. Honestly, it makes sense for them to just agree in principle and wait to file the actual contract at this point.

This last tidbit is very interesting....I always thought it was post June signings that did not count in your comp pick calculation....if it is just after the draft then it would be easy to have a deal in place and just wait till after the draft to sign it....

Has Conklin actually signed his deal???

While the production he gave up to WRs last year was less than ideal, and he's certainly not worth $10M/yr, there is something to be said about his feistiness, attitude, and leadership.

In an off-season where we lose Coombs and bring in a relatively young unknown coach, plus the potential for no OTAs/ Minicamp, keeping Logan would be big.

Seems like a pipe dream to me, but I could be missing something. Why would they restructure their current deals? They already have a ton of guaranteed money.
There are ways to restructure, without them taking less money. Typically, teams that restructure deals, just pay it as a signing bonus that doesn't count against the cap. They still get their money, and teams free up cap space, win win.

Doesn't mean it'll happen, but it is possible.

There are ways to restructure, without them taking less money. Typically, teams that restructure deals, just pay it as a signing bonus that doesn't count against the cap. They still get their money, and teams free up cap space, win win.

Doesn't mean it'll happen, but it is possible.
Exactly. Same money, just structured differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back