Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the thought about LeSean McCoy as a #2? Too old?
Draft a RB as well but maybe a good vet that can spell Henry and he catches well too.

A lot of people are talking about Simmons replacing Casey and the volume of plays with 2 man fronts.

Even with that, Simmons and Jones aren't going to see 60-70 snaps a game. Even a 2 man front needs a minimum of 3 solid guys and a few depth guys.

A lot of people are talking about Simmons replacing Casey and the volume of plays with 2 man fronts.

Even with that, Simmons and Jones aren't going to see 60-70 snaps a game. Even a 2 man front needs a minimum of 3 solid guys and a few depth guys.
Yea big men dont play every snap on D, need a 3rd guy no doubt

I've heard discussion of waiting to sign Clowney until after 4/28 so that we still get the comp pick for Conk.

Do we think that Logan gets us any comp pick? And what if we sign him back but not until after 4/28? Could we be gaming the system here to get him back AND get a pick?

I could be totally off base here. I'm not positive how the comp picks completely work.

I've heard discussion of waiting to sign Clowney until after 4/28 so that we still get the comp pick for Conk.

Do we think that Logan gets us any comp pick? And what if we sign him back but not until after 4/28? Could we be gaming the system here to get him back AND get a pick?

I could be totally off base here. I'm not positive how the comp picks completely work.
If we resign Logan, that doesn't count towards comp picks since he was our own free agent. The comp pick for Conklin would only be cancelled if we officially sign Clowney before the 28th. I'm guessing since he hasn't signed he has a deal in place somewhere just waiting for it to be official.

That's very possible, because I'm almost certain we will gain future pics.

Your FA has to sign somewhere else to get a comp pick.

Currently we have lost Conklin, Mariota, Sims, Johnson, Sharpe, Lewis and Jennings

We have added Beasley, Crawford, Dzubnar

Beasley and Mariota will cancel each other out as will Crawford/Sims and Dzubnar/Lewis

So that means currently Conklin gets us a 3rd/4th and Johnson, Sharpe, Jennings would just help get a late rnd pick or 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently we have lost Conklin, Mariota, Sims, Johnson, Sharpe, Lewis and Jennings

Beasley and Mariota will cancel each other out as will Beasley/Sims and Dzubnar/Lewis

So that means currently Conklin gets us a 3rd/4th and Johnson, Sharpe, Jennings would just help get a late rnd pick or 2
How much did sims get paid?

I’m not as concerned of “what we lost” because let’s be honest, a few of them questionable to say the least. I’m more interested in what we gain and we have plenty of time...This is the unfortunate side of FA and the business. Good teams know when to fold em and keep room for depth etc. Relax and watch how it unfolds first. I believe in them.

Beasley and Mariota will cancel each other out as will Crawford/Sims and Dzubnar/Lewis

Under $2 million APY contracts dont count towards comp picks.

Compensatory Draft Picks Cancellation Chart | Over the Cap

So ESPN writer Bill Barnwell did a Mock trade draft, where he lays out a trade scenario for every pick. Link here

Titans are only listed once, with their own pick. Here was the trade:

Titans get:
2-35, 3-85
Lions get: 1-29, 5-174

At first glance, it seems a bit light. I would expect a 2 and 3 at minimum for moving back 6 spots, certainly not with adding a 5th rounder of our own. For the equivalent package, I was thinking along the line of this years 2 and 3, and a 3rd in next years.

Another interesting tidbit was the Dolphins No. 26 pick. It has them trading No. 26 for Chris Jones and the Chiefs 4th rounder. If this were legitimately an option, I would do a similar trade in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back