Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking ahead and wanted to share how impressed I am with JRobs management of this roster. We are currently projected to have 45-50m cap space after this season with these guys as free agents: Henry, Beasley, Daquan, CD84, Correa, Jonnu, Jayon, Firkser, Pruitt

We are set up for a very strong contending window here and I'm very excited.

expecting Henry, Jonnu, Jayon, Firk all to get new contracts.

How has the market been set at 4m? He just declined that offer from seattle, where he had a shot to compete to start.

Also, I'm not too sure he "adds to the passing game". He averages 3 receptions and 26 yards per game with a 79% catch rate.

He is 28 and has only played 1 full season in career, 4 years ago.
Um the market has been set because that is what a team offered him. Supply and demand... That's how markets work. He apparently also has an offer from the Eagles and the Bucs are interested.

A 79% cash rate is actually good. Does Christian McCaffrey not add to the passing game? Because his career catch rate is also 79%. Among all pass catchers last year Freeman was 7th in catch rate with 84% and 12th RB with 410 yards. That's how he "adds to the passing game". He missed two games.

Um the market has been set because that is what a team offered him. Supply and demand... That's how markets work. He apparently also has an offer from the Eagles and the Bucs are interested.

A 79% cash rate is actually good. Does Christian McCaffrey not add to the passing game? Because his career catch rate is also 79%. Among all pass catchers last year Freeman was 7th in catch rate with 84% and 12th RB with 410 yards. That's how he "adds to the passing game". He missed two games.
Good points. However CMC did it on over 7 receptions and 63 yards per game. That's 2.5× Freemans production. CMC also has an 84% catch rate over the last 2 years to Freeman's 78%.

We will just have to agree to disagree here and see how it plays out. I think freeman would be a waste and would rather see Evans out there.

Taylor for the colts? Not that we know yet
Well are they the starters yet? Id say no to this point

But we can add them to the list just to get us to half the RBs being on rookie deals
I know. Which is why I said it the way I did. But I wouldn't be surprised if taylor was from day one and I still can't remember the other guys name but he might get it by some point this year.

Good points. However CMC did it on over 7 receptions and 63 yards per game. That's 2.5× Freemans production. CMC also has an 84% catch rate over the last 2 years to Freeman's 78%.

We will just have to agree to disagree here and see how it plays out. I think freeman would be a waste and would rather see Evans out there.
He played 2 games the previous year. 78% is still good by the way. McCaffrey is on the field every play, while the Falcons used Coleman to spell Freeman on 3rd down.

I agree the Titans should not pick him up now. Prior to the draft, yes. Would have given us more flexibility, but I'm happy with Evans. I'm just saying I doubt he's done like you insinuated. He'll play 2020.

Just to put it into prospective because you made me curious. Career catch rate:

Alvin Kamara: 80.5%
Kareem Hunt: 81.7%
Austin Ekler: 80.6%
Ezekiel Elliott: 77.8%
Le'Veon Bell: 79.6%
James Conner: 80.9%
Dalvin Cook: 81.3%
Melvin Gordon: 75.2%
Todd Gurley: 72.4%
LeSean McCoy: 77.7%

Tarik Cohen: 76.3%
Chris Thompson: 74.6%
Duke Johnson: 76.4%
James White: 73.6%
Darren Sproles: 74%

Derrick Henry: 77%
Dion Lewis: 81.5%

Marshall Faulk: 75.7%
LaDanian Tomlinson: 71.9%
Reggie Bush: 72.1%

He played 2 games the previous year. 78% is still good by the way. McCaffrey is on the field every play, while the Falcons used Coleman to spell Freeman on 3rd down.

I agree the Titans should not pick him up now. Prior to the draft, yes. Would have given us more flexibility, but I'm happy with Evans. I'm just saying I doubt he's done like you insinuated. He'll play 2020.

Just to put it into prospective because you made me curious. Career catch rate:

Alvin Kamara: 80.5%
Kareem Hunt: 81.7%
Austin Ekler: 80.6%
Ezekiel Elliott: 77.8%
Le'Veon Bell: 79.6%
James Conner: 80.9%
Dalvin Cook: 81.3%
Melvin Gordon: 75.2%
Todd Gurley: 72.4%
LeSean McCoy: 77.7%

Tarik Cohen: 76.3%
Chris Thompson: 74.6%
Duke Johnson: 76.4%
James White: 73.6%
Darren Sproles: 74%

Derrick Henry: 77%
Dion Lewis: 81.5%

Marshall Faulk: 75.7%
LaDanian Tomlinson: 71.9%
Reggie Bush: 72.1%
Sure the catch rate is fine. The volume is not. That's just not his thing. Regardless, I'd bet he signs with someone and gets a backup role for a year and then washes out. I just wont be surprised if he holds out for money he thinks he deserves, and never sees another contract.

I was thinking about that as a possibility today. A 20% raise would still make him around what most would be happy spending on him.

Yep...without the long term commitment tying up salary at the RB position. If we were going to sign him to a long term deal we would have done it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back