Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys I have a serious question. With Woodside and McDonald looking like ass so far, would you be willing to trade for Alex Smith? If not who would be a good backup?...I personally think if he is proven healthy, I'd go get Alex.
If healthy and that's a big IF. Absolutely.

you know, often
Care to share some of the vast number of examples you have? I think instead of "often", it's more like "meh... sometimes... every once in a while".

At the end of the day, it's irrelevant. I won't say zero, but the value from signing a cut QB just to get an advantage on your week 1 opponent is very very close to zero.

Care to share some of the vast number of examples you have? I think instead of "often", it's more like "meh... sometimes... every once in a while".

At the end of the day, it's irrelevant. I won't say zero, but the value from signing a cut QB just to get an advantage on your week 1 opponent is very very close to zero.
It’s not zero but I believe it is 100% coincidence, not because a division team had the player.
This offseason I can think of a couple, Winston, Chase Daniel, Bridgewater. I think colt McCoy as well.

None of these guys were signed to that amount of money for the purpose of trying to “steal” anything from a division rival. They were signed to legit compete for at least the backup position.
NFL salary caps and roster sizes aren’t big enough for GMs to wastes spots and money for the off chance they may get a little information. The owner already hires other people (for much less and likely much more info) to specifically get information and tape on other teams.

It pops up enough I can see where @Broken Arrow is coming from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back