Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mini camp or camp is that simple the whole draft class has struggle.
No, not quite that simple. Wilson acted like a teenager and Fulton and Evans have been injured. Surely, the COVID changes retarded growth, but not the biggest impact and not an excuse for Wilson given his off-field incidents. For him, the dedication to the game hasn’t manifested itself yet. Hopefully it will.

At least for somewhat of a comparison, Nate Davis was thrown to the fire midway through his rookie season and managed to earn the starting gig. 4th rounder.

G vs. T but I think that is at least something close to a bar of expectations for Wilson.

Wilson will ultimately become a guard and if he works at it could be a decent starter there. I just do not see him being adequate as a pass protector on the outside. I was disappointed we drafted him.

He's just like DJ Fluker but probably lazier and less intelligent.

Well at least his size helped slow the rusher. He’s so big, the defensive lineman couldn’t jump over him to block the kick. Silver lining...

Gotta start somewhere. Maybe getting knocked on his tail the very second the ball was snapped will tell him something about being prepared for NFL players.
I wonder how much of this is inexperience on ST. He clearly tripped over the guys leg to his right. Not saying it wasnt his fault, but it's not like he just got bull rushed over.

I wonder how much of this is inexperience on ST. He clearly tripped over the guys leg to his right. Not saying it wasnt his fault, but it's not like he just got bull rushed over.

2 Colts and a Titans player are pushing into him. Cut the guy some slack. It’s funny and all but let’s not get crazy about it. Only morons complain about a rookie not playing when he was clearly a project when drafted especially when you find out he has maturity issues. I don’t care if he is a 1st rounder or not. If he isn’t playing in year 2 it’s a problem. But right now it’s just someone looking for something to complain about. If the Titans offense was having issues I guess I could see it. Offense clearly isn’t a problem. The Titans score just 2 points less per game than the Chiefs and Packers the top scoring offenses in the NFL.

At least for somewhat of a comparison, Nate Davis was thrown to the fire midway through his rookie season and managed to earn the starting gig. 4th rounder.

G vs. T but I think that is at least something close to a bar of expectations for Wilson.

Davis was pretty terrible last year though

Actually, he did get bull rushed over. His pads were too high in his stance from the get go. That first burst from a defensive line is always going to be low to try and get below the o-linemans pads. Get them rocking backwards.

Even when you look at his stance before the snap, he looks to already be on the balls of his heels, which means he already has a backwards lean looking to "catch" the defender. That is fine, but you cannot be that upright.

That is exactly what happened and why he went down on his keister.

Actually, he did get bull rushed over. His pads were too high in his stance from the get go. That first burst from a defensive line is always going to be low to try and get below the o-linemans pads. Get them rocking backwards.

Even when you look at his stance before the snap, he looks to already be on the balls of his heels, which means he already has a backwards lean looking to "catch" the defender. That is fine, but you cannot be that upright.

That is exactly what happened and why he went down on his keister.
That's fine, but I dont think it wouldve happened if that leg wasnt there for him to trip over.

Nice to see the topic of our 1st round pick has changed from his off field behavior to why he fell on his arse in his first action.

Why is it assumed Wilson was supposed to be a starter this season?

I know the general logic is your first round picks should be ready to contribute day 1, but jrob drafted simmons knowing he couldn't contribute day 1. Different situations but obviously it's not the end of the world to jrob if his first round pick isn't on the field immediately.

Assuming Lewan and Kelly both stayed healthy all 16 games, I can't see Wilson touching the field, even if none of the covid/dui stuff happened.

Then take into consideration that rookie tackles, even very highly graded one's normally get abused their first season.

Maybe there was never a huge rush getting Wilson out there anyway?

Either way, it's way too early to write off the kid off, hopefully he has his head on straight now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back