Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone use that as an excuse for Byard. Just because your put into a different scheme doesn't mean you forget the basics for playing Defense. Last year he missed tackles, took poor pursuit angles, was late coming up to defend the run, looked lost in coverage, and got beat multiple times defending the pass. So I guess he can only play correctly if he's back and not up close to the LOS. Stupid.

Wagner played a great game, he made the tackles and plays he should of made.

Last year is gone and not coming back. But… it wasn’t a different scheme. It was a completely decimated defense with not a lot of talent across the board. Zero pass rush. A lot of Injured players. If you are Byard and you are trying to cover for everyone instead of doing what you do best you won’t look good. It’s not the scheme. It was the personal and the free agent signings that didnt work out.

Blame Byard of you want, but he is one of the best safeties in the NFL.

Why does everyone use that as an excuse for Byard. Just because your put into a different scheme doesn't mean you forget the basics for playing Defense. Last year he missed tackles, took poor pursuit angles, was late coming up to defend the run, looked lost in coverage, and got beat multiple times defending the pass. So I guess he can only play correctly if he's back and not up close to the LOS. Stupid.

Wagner played a great game, he made the tackles and plays he should of made.
Bottom line, if you don't understand, no amount of explaining will help you.

Last season Byard played out of position more times than not. It is what it is.

Last year is gone and not coming back. But… it wasn’t a different scheme. It was a completely decimated defense with not a lot of talent across the board. Zero pass rush. A lot of Injured players. If you are Byard and you are trying to cover for everyone instead of doing what you do best you won’t look good. It’s not the scheme. It was the personal and the free agent signings that didnt work out.

Blame Byard of you want, but he is one of the best safeties in the NFL.

Maybe. He will have to show it this year.

We should call this thread the “overreaction” thread instead of “offensive line”. Y’all already talking about cutting everyone for next year lol unbelievable. Its week 2!!

Lewan is a superior player when he is right physically just as Conklin was when he was right physically. We have been very fortunate guys like Quess and Sambrailo have been able to play as well as they have. With Lewan's contract situation it might be time to look for a new LT to develop and if Radunz doesn't work out at RT we cans till use him as Saffold's replacement next year. So I would guess an OT with the 32nd pick in the draft is a good possibility.

Sambrailo has always been solid in pass pro. Unfortunately, he’s never been as strong and fast as Lewan in the run game. Lewan could ram open rushing lanes and then get to the next level for a secondary block. I’m just happy that both are on our team.
Lewan could definitely open up some rushing lanes.......pass rushing.

It's reasonable to think that the steroids worked. And now he's deflated. I hope not. But there's not only visible evidence, there is a whole history of athletes who just disappear after getting caught because they can't physically compete.

It's reasonable to think that the steroids worked. And now he's deflated. I hope not. But there's not only visible evidence, there is a whole history of athletes who just disappear after getting caught because they can't physically compete.

Actually it is not reasonable and bat sheet crazy. Lewan suffered a torn ACL (week 6 last year) and with hardly any practice was out there in game one against arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL. He has been solid when healthy.

Why didn’t Lewan test positive in any of his good seasons then?

Also, plenty of athletes get popped for roids and go on to have a great career after. Do you watch baseball? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back