Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I know nothing about Becton and have not watched him play, so my initial observation is useless. For me, just looking at stats is meaningless, so let’s add a little context.

Becton played on a NYJ team that was allowing 3.8 sacks per game. Keith Carter was in his 1st season as their OL coach there. The 5 years prior to Carter’s arrival, NYJ was allowing 2.78 SPG. Carter was here for 5 long seasons and his OL allowed 2.64 sacks per game (including a season with 1.5 SPG) so not like he was faring much better here than the Jets were doing before him as their coach. He certainly did make them look much worse in his first season at the helm. We were used to coaches like Bruce Matthews (2.06 SPG) and Russ Grimm (2.15 SPG). I have this feeling with Callahan we will see a drop to the low-to-mid 2s as well and with the right players, maybe under 2 SPG.

Finding the right pieces will be key, but let’s not count a player out just because he was playing for a horrible coach!

There is absolutely no need to roll the dice on a project, none what so ever. He's been in the NFL 4 seasons, one season was promising then he missed 15 games , missed an entire season and last season he was the worst left tackle in the league behind Dillard. This goes beyond polishing a turd, he was dreadful last season. 12 sacks surrendered, 50 pressures allowed and 18 penalties. We were very critical of J Rob for rolling the dice on players with injury histories and here some of y'all are clamoring over some player who missed two of the last 4 years and was the 2nd worst left tackle in the nfl last season.

Sometimes the risky FA pays off. Some teams are in a position to take that risk at certain positions. Titans/LT... no. They are so backed into a corner they HAVE TO get it right this time.

Sometimes the risky FA pays off. Some teams are in a position to take that risk at certain positions. Titans/LT... no. They are so backed into a corner they HAVE TO get it right this time.

Exactly. The Titans have gambled there twice and it certainly didn't pay off. I'm not against snagging a decent LT in free agency as a 1-2 year stopgap, but I definitely don't want to see the Titans try and address the position by once again rolling the dice on a player that has failed at his last stop. Ran needs to go out and get an immediate solution, even an average to slightly above average left tackle would be a colossal upgrade over Daley/Dillard.

Becton is excrement. No freaking way are we bringing in another always injured and lazy player with all that’s happened here the past few years.

Dillard and Brewer have to go... Didn't Radunz play pretty well at RT at the end? Where does Petit-Frere fit in?
What spots on the OL need filled? LT, C?

Dillard and Brewer have to go... Didn't Radunz play pretty well at RT at the end? Where does Petit-Frere fit in?
What spots on the OL need filled? LT, C?
I’m not 100% that either Radunz or NPF are done but I trust the Callahan’s judgement either way. I would t say they were impressive at all but not Panda bad.
If the Titans don’t address a position for whatever reason, RT/G would seem the most “acceptable” with all the other holes to fill.

2025 Draft class is front loaded with WR. Three in the top 7 with a #1 likely. I strongly believe we should draft 2 OL, suck next year because let's face it, OL doesn't get you wins, and go get a WR in 2025. OL is not strong in 2025 draft.

If we draft a WR this year. I'm fine. But, if Nabers does well we'll probably be mid round in 2025. If he does poorly, then he very likely busted.

2025 Draft class is front loaded with WR. Three in the top 7 with a #1 likely. I strongly believe we should draft 2 OL, suck next year because let's face it, OL doesn't get you wins, and go get a WR in 2025. OL is not strong in 2025 draft.

If we draft a WR this year. I'm fine. But, if Nabers does well we'll probably be mid round in 2025. If he does poorly, then he very likely busted.
OL can definitely get you losses.

Not sure where you are getting this from. The 2025 draft class looks much weaker overall right now, especially on offense. Luther Burden is the only WR in next year's class that can match MHII, Nabers and Odunze. There are lots of second tier WRs with upside like Egbuka, Stewart, Ayomanor, and McMIllian.

OT is weaker as well, but has 2 legit stars in Campbell and Banks. Given their experience and success at LT, both would likely be top 15-20 picks in this year's draft if they were eligible.

Next year's class should have some legit studs on defense though. James Pearce, Will Johnson, Travis Hunter, practically all of UMs DL is looking like 1st rounders. Next year's class is where we find our defensive stud to build around. Travis Hunter would be my preference as he looks like the next Jalen Ramsey, imo.

Latest posts

Back