Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. Unless we pull a last year and trade back and still get one of them in the 3rd. That said, we know how that turned out.

For the Vols fans, if we take one, it needs to be Hyatt. Still rather trade back unless Joey Porter Jr. is there.
Sorry, moving it to the QB thread.

are you suggesting that Levis (or any other QB) would be an ok 3rd but not a 2nd?
What’s the difference if you don’t think they’ll work out.

Compare that to what Malik had this past season, and yet they had the SAME completion percentage.
Not to be argumentive but how many attempts are we talking here?

Like I said, I'm rooting for the guy but it should be much easier to have a higher completion percentage now than it was then when you could destroy a WR.

I wrote this in a previous thread and I think it’s worth repeating:
For those already writing off Malik, let me just say this. Malik was a small school player coming into the NFL with no experience against NFL caliber players. I’d like to remind you that we had another small school QB join this team a while back from a school called Alcorn State. Steve McNair. McNair was allowed to sit his first two years to develop but was forced into starting a few games his rookie year just like Malik. McNair and Malik both completed 51% of their passes in their rookie year. What’s my point? McNair was throwing to 3 time Pro bowler Frank Wycheck, 3 time Pro bowler Haywood Jeffries and Chris Sanders while behind a O-line that included 2 time Pro bowler Brad Hopkins, 5 time Pro bowler Mark Stepnowski and 14 time Pro bowler Bruce Mathews. Compare that to what Malik had this past season, and yet they had the SAME completion percentage. I’m just saying that writing Malik off at this point seems a bit premature.

Well said, excellent points.

I don't care who our next QB is but Kansas City did to perfection with Mahomes.

-Didn't play his rookie year sitting behind a great vet in Alex Smith.

-Elite coaching to help him develop.

-Weapons!!! dude came in with Hill and Kelce entering their primes.

Now compare to what Malik had.

-Thrown into the fire to early with Tanehill not really helping alot.

-Awful coaching ...not awful but the worst possible OC in the NFL.Not only in development but game planning to.

-0 weapons

I don't care how good you are or how bad noone is going to play well as a rookie in those situations.

-Awful coaching ...not awful but the worst possible OC in the NFL.Not only in development but game planning to.

-0 weapons

I don't care how good you are or how bad noone is going to play well as a rookie in those situations.
The work environment last year wasn't conducive for any kind of development. We were getting killed out there.

Any QB will do better behind a good line and with real weapons. Whether that's Tannehill, Malik, Trey Lance, Will Levis or Hendon Hooker. No one can succeed in a situation like we had last year. Get the line and the weapons and our QB will surface. If you build it, he will come.

-0 weapons

We can all agree that Willis didn't have a whole lot to work with... But he just doesn't look the part. Good QBs can make things happen when things are going wrong. Willis made bad things happen even when things went right. Willis looks like a deer in headlights every time he drops back. Often he ran around instead of just throwing it away or attempting a pass. He was benched for not throwing the ball at one point.

Also his "upside" is his athleticism and it showed that his athleticism isn't that great vs NFL players. He looked ok against no name college schools but against the big boys, he's an average athlete that can't rely on being faster than everyone else any more.

I wish he had been given the keys to the car because I feel like he deserved that opportunity to develop in 2024, but that's not gonna happen now. He's cooked. It interesting how quickly a career can be over before it even starts. But that's the new trend. You better come out swinging in this NFL. He will likely get one more chance somewhere.

I wish he had been given the keys to the car because I feel like he deserved that opportunity to develop in 2024, but that's not gonna happen now. He's cooked. It interesting how quickly a career can be over before it even starts. But that's the new trend. You better come out swinging in this NFL. He will likely get one more chance somewhere.
Practice Squad?

I wrote this in a previous thread and I think it’s worth repeating:
For those already writing off Malik, let me just say this. Malik was a small school player coming into the NFL with no experience against NFL caliber players. I’d like to remind you that we had another small school QB join this team a while back from a school called Alcorn State. Steve McNair. McNair was allowed to sit his first two years to develop but was forced into starting a few games his rookie year just like Malik. McNair and Malik both completed 51% of their passes in their rookie year. What’s my point? McNair was throwing to 3 time Pro bowler Frank Wycheck, 3 time Pro bowler Haywood Jeffries and Chris Sanders while behind a O-line that included 2 time Pro bowler Brad Hopkins, 5 time Pro bowler Mark Stepnowski and 14 time Pro bowler Bruce Mathews. Compare that to what Malik had this past season, and yet they had the SAME completion percentage. I’m just saying that writing Malik off at this point seems a bit premature.
Auburn called and said malik had experience vs NFL talent... and he failed

Any QB will do better behind a good line and with real weapons. Whether that's Tannehill, Malik, Trey Lance, Will Levis or Hendon Hooker. No one can succeed in a situation like we had last year. Get the line and the weapons and our QB will surface. If you build it, he will come.

true ... to an extent

T17 was winning ... when mw7 came in Tennessee did not win again

could happen... mw7's decision making could have improved by 3 seconds... I mean it would be better if it improved by 4 seconds... there is just so much room for improvement with mw7

could happen... mw7's decision making could have improved by 3 seconds... I mean it would be better if it improved by 4 seconds... there is just so much room for improvement with mw7
Hahaha I don't think I can watch him play another down for the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back