Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the competition between Malik and Levis will be good for both of them. I would keep all three QB’s honestly. I said this before, but when Brisset and Jimmy G competed behind Brady (a 3rd vs 2nd rd pick as well), they all got better.

I think the competition between Malik and Levis will be good for both of them. I would keep all three QB’s honestly. I said this before, but when Brisset and Jimmy G competed behind Brady (a 3rd vs 2nd rd pick as well), they all got better.
I would play them in the preseason a lot and hopefully behind a new OL, Willis might show enough ro warrant some comp for trading him.

Im Hoping its not a competition at all. I wanna hear that levis is far and away better almost immediately tbh

Im Hoping its not a competition at all. I wanna hear that levis is far and away better almost immediately tbh
That's the thing with me and my thoughts - we don't have a 2-4 year window to wait and see. Also, this sit and wait idea is a thing of the past now. The NFL has gotten spoiled and we are seeing young QBs come in and perform well right away. In no expert but my eye see nothing but garbage from Willis. I haven't seen anything from him to think he can play and win in the NFL.

That's the thing with me and my thoughts - we don't have a 2-4 year window to wait and see. Also, this sit and wait idea is a thing of the past now. The NFL has gotten spoiled and we are seeing young QBs come in and perform well right away. In no expert but my eye see nothing but garbage from Willis. I haven't seen anything from him to think he can play and win in the NFL.
It’s a thing of the past because fans demand immediate results.

the fact is MOST QBs do not come in and perform with any success. Most flounder terribly, set their team back years, and put them on the market to try again.

the last couple guys I recall getting a chance to sit were Pat Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.

Question...what would you have rather of done?

41st and 72nd picks, plus a 2024 third-round selection, to Arizona to move up to No. 33 for Will Levis, and 81st pick

Or

Trade the 41st to SF for Trey Lance

Not having that 72 pick we missed out on WRs Hyatt and Tillman

41st and 72nd picks, plus a 2024 third-round selection, to Arizona to move up to No. 33 for Will Levis, and 81st pick

Or

I’d rather have Levis than Lance.
Both have a long way to go to prove they deserved to be drafted, but Lance has a lot more expectations on him because of the trade up and being a 1st rd pick.

I don't mind this but the biggest question mark for me is coaching.

Tood Downing was so bad that I lost all faith with Vravel when it comes to offense and coaching.

Or

probably not... just would have taken Kickstand a few slots earlier

Sorry, moving it to the QB thread.

are you suggesting that Levis (or any other QB) would be an ok 3rd but not a 2nd?
What’s the difference if you don’t think they’ll work out.
The difference [WOULD HAVE BEEN], that if you trade down you accumulate more picks. There's also less of an opportunity cost by passing up on another 2nd round talent. Last year we were in a better position to afford that luxury. The individual is less relevant, its about being able to fill other needs and seeing what other players are available.

Yes. He'd be an ok risk as a 3rd but not as a 2nd, let alone trading UP for him.

We came away from this draft with only 1 starter, and he doesn't even have a defined position.

It’s a thing of the past because fans demand immediate results.

the fact is MOST QBs do not come in and perform with any success. Most flounder terribly, set their team back years, and put them on the market to try again.

the last couple guys I recall getting a chance to sit were Pat Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.
These are of all the current projected starting QBs that were able to sit their rookie season.
Patrick Mahomes
Jordan Love
Sam Howell
Kirk Cousins (2012)
Aaron Rodgers (2005)
JimmyG (started 5 games).

That’s 2 guys who haven’t panned out yet.
2 that were rookies in a different era.
1 future hall of famer. (Two if you count Rodgers)
1 guy that’s ok but still played 5 games.
24 who started their rookie year.
And 3 more that will start their rookie year this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are of all the current projected starting QBs that were able to sit their rookie season.
Patrick Mahomes
Jordan Love
Sam Howell
Kirk Cousins (2012)
Aaron Rodgers (2005)
JimmyG (started 5 games).

That’s 2 guys who haven’t panned out yet.
2 that were rookies in a different era.
1 future hall of famer. (Two if you count Rodgers)
1 guy that’s ok but still played 5 games.
24 who started their rookie year.
And 3 more that will start their rookie year this year.
Now, let’s go back and see all the failed QBs that might still be starters because they didn’t get a chance to sit on the sidelines for a year.

it’s not possible to quantify legitimately, but this list doesn’t disprove my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back