Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I don't think there is a rating for leadership at the combine...
Between Lewis and Bulluck...God, could you imagine RAY LEWIS getting in Pacman's face? We gotta get Ray. What if it's affordable? Bulluck really dissapointed me as a leader this past year. Not that he isn't a leader but there was too much non sense between him and Jones. Ray Lewis would squash that crap and light a fire under all 10 others...Once again posters are looking at a player for face value and ignoring the intangible benefits that are often dismissed as homer hog wash...I like what Ray brings.

Hey now. Keith can only do as much as is backed up by the coaching staff. It's well known that Pacman was given a lot of preferential treatment by the coaching staff.

Keith can get in Pacman's face all day long, but if the coaching staff doesn't back him up what good does it do. Pacman is a new breed of rookie that realizes that a team is really over pot of poop when it comes to disciplining them. They are given multiple millions of dollars up front and a team can't cut them without losing tons of money, among other things.

Pacman has a really rebellious nature and he pushed his teammates and coaches as far as a rookie ever has. Even though Pac acted an absolute Donkey, when he started making plays on the field, the fans embraced him. If Ray Lewis was brought in to try to reel Pac in, it would be an utter disaster.

Don't you talk about my Keithie!:irked:

I just noticed Ray has 999 Tackles

imagine him getting his 1,000 tackle on another team

on second thought .... who gives a puck !

Titantonic said:
Well, I guess we could consider that little murder incident at the Super Bowl in Atlanta.

First of all, get ya facts right. Ray neither murdered a person, nor was he an accessory.

He was hanging out with some of his friends from the 'hood. His friends from the 'hood were acting like idiots. Guys from another entourage were acting like idiots. They started howling and beating their chests. Tempers flared. Because these guys have a "hood-like" mentality, instead of walking away, they kept arguing.

Ray's entourage was walking out of the club, the guys started fighting. His 'hood friends acted "hood" and used a knife to fight. Ray had already headed for his limo and was about to flee the scene. His boys saw their ride rolling out and jumped in the limo with Ray. These are his boys from childhood. He was in shock, among other things.

Ray's name was put in the forefront simply because of his name. How sensational a story would it be to use the name "Leroy Jenkins"? It was too difficult to resist using the name Ray Lewis and Super Bowl murder in the same caption. The only thing Ray was guilty of was the company that he kept.

I never really looked much into Ray's case except that he got off. If it was indeed obvious that he was guilty, I think that changes my whole perspective of him. I don't want anyone capable of murder on any NFL field, much less the Titans.

I didn't follow the case at all. But jurors and judges in general think it through clearly. I'm confident he didn't do or intend to do anything. There is some illusion that you can be found not guilty even if you did it. That you can escape the evidence. But a lot of people forget. Not guilty is an actual verdict. The jury has to get there. It isn't some kind of default verdict. So if he was found not guilty I tend to think it was pretty obvious he was not guilty of anything.

Exactly. None of us were in that courtroom, and I know none us have all the evidence of the prosecution. That's why I withhold judgement at this point.

PhiSlammaJamma said:
So if he was found not guilty I tend to think it was pretty obvious he was not guilty of anything.
He was found guilty of lying to investigators and obstructing justice.
He didnt' even have the decency to apologize to the victims family for trying to help their son's murderers get away with it.

elfinmagic53 said:
Hey now. Keith can only do as much as is backed up by the coaching staff. It's well known that Pacman was given a lot of preferential treatment by the coaching staff.

Keith can get in Pacman's face all day long, but if the coaching staff doesn't back him up what good does it do. Pacman is a new breed of rookie that realizes that a team is really over pot of poop when it comes to disciplining them. They are given multiple millions of dollars up front and a team can't cut them without losing tons of money, among other things.

Pacman has a really rebellious nature and he pushed his teammates and coaches as far as a rookie ever has. Even though Pac acted an absolute Donkey, when he started making plays on the field, the fans embraced him. If Ray Lewis was brought in to try to reel Pac in, it would be an utter disaster.

Don't you talk about my Keithie!:irked:

I hate quoteing entire posts but if everything you say here is the case then what of this blank Adam Jones jersey thing?
bsflag.gif
Pacman would respect Ray Lewis for the all-pro that he is. Keith Bulluck was childish in his dealings with Pacman Jones. I don't know that Pacman needs to be reeled in at this point, I just think that Lewis wouldn't let him stray to where he'd need to be reeled in.

In light of the posts I've read about the murder investigation I have long forgotten about... perhaps the majority of you are right that Lewis has no place on this team. That being said I do not see a negative impact whatsoever for what Ray Lewis has shown the last several years since he "ripped" away our post season in our house. I suspect there may be some hatin' going on because we haven't been that good since...

The 2000 team was better than the 2002 team or 2003 IMHO. I think some may be bitter about that. I was but winning the 2003 WC helped alot and beating the dog**** out of the ratbirds this season helped alot too. I really think this might be a case of hating on a Super Bowl XXXV winner more than it is moral opposition to a cold blooded killer. Maybe the man just didn't want to go to prision. I don't know the facts of the case...

Not everybody is going to phone the police when their friends come running to them paniced because they made a horrible mistake. I don't know...but don't sit here folks and think that Keith Bulluck handled Pacman Jones with any kind of grace or professionalism.

Kieth Bulluck acted like a retarded baby in regards to everything Pacman related. Bulluck made a bad situation worse with his crap. I don't think Ray Lewis would play little boy games with Pacman Jones. Disaster? You don't think that Bulluck on Pacman wasn't a disaster? How could it of been any worse? Bulluck acted like a rookie.:sad2:

KamikaZ said:
Exactly. None of us were in that courtroom, and I know none us have all the evidence of the prosecution. That's why I withhold judgement at this point.

I just told you, firsthand, exactly what happened. Ray had NOTHING to do with the murder, or the fight.

Hoffa said:
He was found guilty of lying to investigators and obstructing justice.
He didnt' even have the decency to apologize to the victims family for trying to help their son's murderers get away with it.

It was a fight. Ray didn't try to help the murderers get away. He was mad that the police were making him a scapegoat. At one point the DA SAID that Ray had nothing to do with the murders, but he had information.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
So, would you like Ray Lewis if it was budget friendly? (which it's not)

No, Ray needs to stay and finish his career in Baltimore. If he can't stay in Baltimore, he seriously should retire and become a full time correspondent on the NFL Network.

That makes no sense. If he can play, why shouldn't he? If Baltimore is screwing him and he's unhappy and he's got a few seasons left, why should he lay down? If these guys can play they want to play. It's a passion that lives inside them and it doesn't go away. Lewis can play and if he's angry with the Ravens then what better way to punish them then to hurt them the next year wearing a Titans uni. That's so poetic. Our defense plays like a bunch of wet blankets. Even our good defensive players get lost in the shuffle because there is nothing central and coheasive directing them. Ray Lewis is football smart and his whole mentality is infectious. There are not stats for that for that is an example of the type of intangible trait that R.Lewis brings. If Ray was such a horrible person he would have been in trouble again after all these years. For all you guys know there might be a Reggie White type persona living inside #52. It's not like any of you know him. I feel an aire of predjudice surrounding this topic because he was involved in a murder investigation. If you have a problem with Ray Lewis seems to me you have a problem with the judicial branch of the United States government. If he murdered someone he'd be in prision. This is Americ. If Floyd gives him a job, which he won't, I'll support Ray Lewis.

elfinmagic53 said:
BiPolar, it's not Keith's place to reel in Pacman or any other player.

Now, stop talking about my Keithie!:irked:
That BS. He's a leader and a defensive signal caller and one of the few vets on the team...Plus he's done something in his career...That's what being a leader is all about. Put it this way, in the leadership department Kieth had an A- average before camp. As of today he has a C average. It is his role to keep his players in line. That's part of what a leader does aside from setting a good example off the field, being selfless and playing hard. He failed or begun to fail in more than one of those departments this year. He may of been opposed to Pacman attitude justly, but at the same time he dorked and lowered himself to a rookie dumb **** level and look what we've got... a damn rift. Leaders make teams and keep them coheasive...They don't facilitate or allow rifts to form.

Bipolar, I think that's a pretty big drop on Bulluck from this one season, I think he still holds a lot of respect in the locker room. (I'm a little biased, I really like him) He didn't handle Pac very well, but I think he's still a big part of the little locker room leadership that we have. (This is mostly to your earlier post, not so much to #56.)

As for Ray, I don't want a Raven, period. I'd struggle with taking Dmase or Samari back. That victory really made this season for me. I also think Ray would cost too much, and there are still a bunch of guys on the team that HATE the ravens, and he was THE raven for those years. Steve and Ray on the same team? That's a leadership struggle.

As for the jury finding him not guilty meaning something, that's giving a lot of credit to juries. The more educated you are, the more likely you are to get struck from a jury, from either side. Both sides want people they can manipulate. I have no opinion on the actual facts with Ray Lewis, and that doesn't really factor into my evaluation of him (though it might if I didn't already not want him).

elfinmagic53 said:
It was a fight. Ray didn't try to help the murderers get away. He was mad that the police were making him a scapegoat. At one point the DA SAID that Ray had nothing to do with the murders, but he had information.
It was a fight that ended with a murder. Ray saw what happened, but would not tell investigators when asked (i.e. helping the murderer to escape justice) and he hindered the investigation because of it.

PhiSlammaJamma said:
I didn't follow the case at all. But jurors and judges in general think it through clearly. I'm confident he didn't do or intend to do anything. There is some illusion that you can be found not guilty even if you did it. That you can escape the evidence. But a lot of people forget. Not guilty is an actual verdict. The jury has to get there. It isn't some kind of default verdict. So if he was found not guilty I tend to think it was pretty obvious he was not guilty of anything.

His case never went to a jury, and he was never "found not guilty". His lawyers pleaded him down to a lesser charge in return for his testimony against his two mates who actually weilded the knife. Happens all the time.

Everyone here seemed happy enough to taint Pacman as the second coming of the Devil just because he was smoking weed and ripped a guy's shirt, but now we have people defending Ray Lewis when some way or another he was involved in the murder of someone. And he plays for the Ravens. Go figure.....

Carpy said:
Everyone here seemed happy enough to taint Pacman as the second coming of the Devil just because he was smoking weed and ripped a guy's shirt, ...
Jones didn't smoke weed, the people with him were. He never has failed a drug test.
You can't compare Jones with Lewis. There are legitimate issues to be wary of both, but not comparable ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back