Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoffa said:
Jones didn't smoke weed, the people with him were. He never has failed a drug test.
You can't compare Jones with Lewis. There are legitimate issues to be wary of both, but not comparable ones.

I think the results of drug tests are private in the NFL until a predetermined number of failures occurs (like 3 maybe?). So he very well could have failed a drug test already and we wouldn't know about it...

Heck, I'd like to see a rift. One like the old Buddy Ryan and Kevin Gilbride days. That was the most fun ever. A wacked out Defense and a wacked out offense. Both on the edge. Both utterly disdainful of the other. That's what I call entertainment. This team needs to live on the edge. They need to lay it on the line. The Titans Defense has always been at it's best when it plays with fire. Let the madness begin.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I feel an aire of predjudice surrounding this topic because he was involved in a murder investigation.
He wasn't just involved in a murder investigation, he was involved with a murder.

If you had followed the trial as it unfolded, you would know literally got away with murder...

In all fairness to Ray, since the infamous incident 7 years ago, he has been a model citizen. Anytime you hear him speak, he does not come across as a thug, but as a man of faith.

What he did 7 years ago was despicable, but his behavior since has been exemplary. No one should be judged forever by their worst moment.

I wouldn't want Ray as a Titan either. I'm just saying he has proven himself to be a decent person over the past 7 years, not the thug he appeared to be back then. Time to cut him some slack.

Liberals believe in rehabilitation.

Depends on the situation. I have a lot more faith in the ability to rehab a petty thief than I do a murderer or child rapist. It all depends on the crime.

Plus, it's not like he served his time and has paid his debt to society. He walked away virtually untouched. He paid off the families of the victims. That doesn't qualify as having paid for his crimes in my book.

Starkiller said:
Depends on the situation. I have a lot more faith in the ability to rehab a petty thief than I do a murderer or child rapist. It all depends on the crime.

Plus, it's not like he served his time and has paid his debt to society. He walked away virtually untouched. He paid off the families of the victims. That doesn't qualify as having paid for his crimes in my book.

Im going admit Im not an expert on the case and didnt really keep up with the trial at the time, but everything I am reading makes it sound like there was a pretty big doubt that lewis was involved with the murders. Maybe he tried to protect his friends, which is a terrible thing, but he did plea bargain and ended up rolling over on them. So if he wasnt involved, and he helped testify against those involved then I dont have that big an issue with it.

Starkiller said:
Plus, it's not like he served his time and has paid his debt to society.
He went through the legal system of this country, so he paid the debt society said he owed. You may have a problem with this countries legal system, but it's the only one we have.

And Ray is neither a murderer or child rapist. He has appeared over the past 7 years to have been rehabilitated from his thuggist past, and is giving back to society in a positive way.

I realize that the legal system can never be perfect. I'm just saying that based on the facts presented, it's clear that he was involved even if they can't prove his legal guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt. Officially guilty or not, he did it.

I think anyone who actually saw the facts involved in this case and still believe that he wasn't directly involved in the 2 murders is either stupid, naive, or extremely biassed. And I challenge anyone to show even a shred evidence that suggests he wasn't involved.

He's scum and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team that I root for.

Starkiller said:
I'm just saying that based on the facts presented, it's clear that he was involved even if they can't prove his legal guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt. Officially guilty or not, he did it.
There were no facts presented that even remotely suggested Ray did the killing. Are you saying Ray did the killing? What facts clearly suggest that?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/19/06/04/lewis_agreement/

Again, I agree what Ray did do back then was despicable, and I would not want him as a Titan either.
However, he has shown over the past 7 years that what happened then was an abberation by living as a good example. What else can he do?

Starkiller said:
I realize that the legal system can never be perfect. I'm just saying that based on the facts presented, it's clear that he was involved even if they can't prove his legal guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt. Officially guilty or not, he did it.

I think anyone who actually saw the facts involved in this case and still believe that he wasn't directly involved in the 2 murders is either stupid, naive, or extremely biassed. And I challenge anyone to show even a shred evidence that suggests he wasn't involved.

He's scum and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team that I root for.

I'm sorry SK, but you haven't exactly provided any proof to backup your claim that Lewis was "unofficially" guilty. I would like to see it though, so I challenge you to provide it.

And calling people dumb just because they have a different opinion than yours is a poor way of justifying your own opinion.

I guess I'm just naive then. Starkiller is not the type to call people stupid. I don't see that coming from him in this thread. I'm just not convinced that Ray Lewis would hurt this team. In light of all the SB 34 incident talk, I'm inclined to think that is in the past and that Lewis is the Lewis I have seen these past seasons...Which, IMHO, is a champion and a leader.

PhiSlammaJamma said:
What happened to his buddies? Were they found guilty?
They were both found not guilty. The prosecution didn't provide enough evidence to convict.

Ray reached a settlement of 1 million dollars with the victims families to avoid a civil suit.

Probably the only statement columnist Joe Biddle has made that I might agree with.........
"Did Ray Lewis kill the guy? NO! Does he know more than he is telling? Probably! If I was standing in a dark alley outside a night club and he and two of his buddies got out of a car, would I run? ABSOLUTELY!"

Anyone with as much money as Ray Lewis that was caught up in something like that would be foolish not to reach a settlement to avoid civil suites. Civil suites don't get flung on poor people... people see that they may be able to get a piece of Ray Lewis so... you see what I'm saying? I'd give them money just to leave me the hell alone regardless of guilt or innocence.

Ray got into that trouble because he had his "possee" with him back then. He traveled with an entourage of his friends, some who were thugs. Since then he has cut down on who he calls friends and hangs out with. A lesson that hopefully Pacman will learn without being involved in a similar situation Ray found himself in that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back