Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, guys. What does it matter, that was 7 years ago, come on. I mean, forgive the guy he made a mistake, but he wasn't proven guilty. And he is a man of God, when he speaks he comes off as a intelligent, inspirational, leader. And thats what we need. I don't know why you guys hate this guy. Im pretty sure he won't kill no. He seems like a great guy, and a great player. Btw we are talking about the best for our football team, and you guys would hate to have him over your personal bias'. Its rediculous, Ray Lewis is not a thug, Ray Lewis is not a bad guy, but that incident made him look like one. I would love to have Ray, he brings intensity, and speed at the MLB spot, so I don't see what the problem with him is.

Idea:
Titans Trade
RB Chris Brown
2nd Round Draft Pick
2007 3rd Round Draft Pick

Ravens Trade
LB Ray Lewis
RB Jamal Lewis (S&T)

titansfan9 said:
Idea:
Titans Trade
RB Chris Brown
2nd Round Draft Pick
2007 3rd Round Draft Pick

Ravens Trade
LB Ray Lewis
RB Jamal Lewis (S&T)

NO!! Jamal Lewis is not worth Chris Brown and a 3rd round pick, no way. If Ray Lewis hadn't been injuried most of the past year I might have given up a second for him, but nothing more. As it is now I'm not even sure I would do that. And the Ravens would basically have to me pay me to take Jamal Lewis... well not really, but he would have to be cheap, I'm not sure he will be back to the same level as he was before jail.

I would take Ray Ray in a heart beat. The dude is a warrior on Sundays and would provide the leadership that we have been lacking. Lets not hold something that he was found not guilty of 7 years ago against him. I would not mortgage the franchise to get him, but no one can deny that on the field he would make our defense a heck of alot better.

I think that Ray Lewis is a great player, and him a the kieth bullock combination at linebacker would be amazing, they are the two fastest and surest tacklers that i have seen at the position, but ray leads his defense and keith bullock does that for us, and if he came in it might controversal over who steps up and leads them in the huddle, and ray is used to being the best on the team on defence not that it would matter but i think think that bullock is better than him just my 2 sense

Starkiller said:
No! A million times no!

Exactly - and for all the obvious reasons plus the pratical one that all the Titans need is another player waiting in the infirmary before they hit the exit. Get someone who not only wants to play here, but will play here even if they get a boo-boo

Hoffa said:
In all fairness to Ray, since the infamous incident 7 years ago, he has been a model citizen. Anytime you hear him speak, he does not come across as a thug, but as a man of faith.

So does Micheal Irvin...:brow:

But seriously, folks: Ray-ray can still play. He's instinctive, and works amazingly hard to get better (see the segment from ESPN on he and Ed Reed watching game film together...they're amazing). I'd be leery about his injuries more than the other thing. Those guys that were killed weren't saints (N.O. or otherwise)...Just the same, I'm thinking draft a fresh product vice take another injury-prone LB.

If we were one LB away from a championship I could see possibly being tempted. However we don't have alot of CAP room and a bunch of holes to fill. The timetable for this team is in a couple of years and by then Ray Ray might not be worth having. Giving up draft picks and spending money on this guy means we don't have the money or draft picks to get younger guys who can round out the team.

Also, Lewis is an UFA which means the Ravens would have to sign him to trade him. If we really wanted Lewis we would have to pay him mega bucks which I'm not sure he is worth anymore based on last years performance. If he came cheap enough he might be worth considering. Brown is in his last year and we wouldn't spend money on Henry. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Henry at a reduced price however.

We've got a spat between a brit and two aussies on an american football board run by some yank. Well, it could be worse... we could have French fans.
14230.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back