Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he had his chance and kept batting the ball down to the ground.
We really going to kill one of these wide receivers for drops and not the other?

Davis has been more sure-handed than Brown all season, save one game.

Let the hate flow through you.

We really going to kill one of these wide receivers for drops and not the other?

Davis has been more sure-handed than Brown all season, save one game.

Let the hate flow through you.
Come on man, that was mostly a joke.. but We have watched Davis for 4 seasons. he isnt the most sure hands in the game.

I have said it many times.. Id love to keep CD, but it has to be around 8mil. If we can keep him in that price range then hell yeah. I just dont believe it will happen. Too many teams will base it all on this season and give him a bigger offer.

He’s never topped 1,000 yards. He’s never topped 5 TDs. If he gets more than $9mil/yr. I’ll be shocked. I hope he stays here, but he’s not worth more than $9mil./ yr.
Unfortunately, it supply and demand. Not sure the other WR hitting FA but I think Davis has proven he has the talent even if his stats didn't always reflect it.

I’m way more concerned with Brown hobbling off the field every damn game than I am with anything regarding Corey Davis.

It’s a damn heart attack every game.

He’s never topped 1,000 yards. He’s never topped 5 TDs. If he gets more than $9mil/yr. I’ll be shocked. I hope he stays here, but he’s not worth more than $9mil./ yr.
How many contracts in the league make you think 'wow, thats overs'. So many guys are given big money for not a lot of production.

I know the cap uncertainty etc, but he's produced to an acceptable level in 2/4 of his seasons. Injuries in the other 2. That should be enough to secure him a decent deal i reckon. What that looks like in terms of $ i dont know, but id guess it would be more than $9m.

Ignoring position though, and just looking at production and importance to the team, Henry on $12m makes your $9m look like overs!

That said, Tanne on $30m vs Henry on $12m fails the same above test, and no one thinks his contract is exorbitant.

How many contracts in the league make you think 'wow, thats overs'. So many guys are given big money for not a lot of production.

I know the cap uncertainty etc, but he's produced to an acceptable level in 2/4 of his seasons. Injuries in the other 2. That should be enough to secure him a decent deal i reckon. What that looks like in terms of $ i dont know, but id guess it would be more than $9m.

Ignoring position though, and just looking at production and importance to the team, Henry on $12m makes your $9m look like overs!

That said, Tanne on $30m vs Henry on $12m fails the same above test, and no one thinks his contract is exorbitant.
Right, its just the position. 12m for RB is high end money, not the best, but its not an insult. A top receiver is making around 20mil a year. There are quite a few 15+ mil receivers.

I’m way more concerned with Brown hobbling off the field every damn game than I am with anything regarding Corey Davis.

AJ is an absolute beast, but yes him leaving the field every game is not good for heart lol

I was waiting for someone to mention this, as soon as he got tackled on his first catch, I was already thinking "yep, he's injured." It happens almost at least once a game, like he doesn't stretch or something.

I wouldn't be upset if we give him 10-12 mill for 2 seasons and about 8 for another 2-3. Bear in mind AJ has just finished year 2 so we got a couple year yet till he needs paid. Also it's been said he is a good blocker.

Don't think we could get a similar wr in free agency without paying any less.

And there is no way way picks 1-4 are going to receivers

I was waiting for someone to mention this, as soon as he got tackled on his first catch, I was already thinking "yep, he's injured." It happens almost at least once a game, like he doesn't stretch or something.
He's been trying to manage an ankle injury all season. He barely practices throughout the week. It's just kind of at the point that we should expect him to aggravate it, limp off, and ball out after.

Good chance we can keep him i think

FA WRs I think will get more than Davis

Allen Robinson
Chris Godwin
TY Hilton
Kenny Golladay
JuJu Smith-Schuster

If most of these re-sign with current team that changes the market though.

How Davis performs over the next week (hopefully more) could go a long way to dictating his market. Everyone is watching now that its playoffs time.

Another performance or two like yesterday, and he will find a smaller market I reckon.

He balls out like he has at various stages this season, he could earn himself a whole lotta money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back