Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell why not get worse on defense. It can't be much worse than this
Spending a lot of money on defense doesn’t guarantee results. Ask Jadeveon Clowney and Vic Beasley.

You know what will likely bring on results? Keeping the #1 offense together for a couple years.

I think it was @Fry who talked about the old colts teams spending mostly on O then pinching pennies on D as a viable strategy.

Another area they pinched pennies was at Guard. Bill Polian would say "You can always get Guards."

Roger Saffold should go, use that money on players you cannot "Always get"
hammer i cannot believe these words came from your keyboard.

SHAME

shame.gif

Spending a lot of money on defense doesn’t guarantee results. Ask Jadeveon Clowney and Vic Beasley.

You know what will likely bring on results? Keeping the #1 offense together for a couple years.
We definitely need to draft a DE but high priced FAs aren't always the way to go.
I really hope they re-sign CD, this offense is playing great, the chemistry is there , its on its way to be special...keep it together

I get not paying him the 5th year option but he needs to stay a Titan. Him and Brown a great WR duo

I agree. Bring back Davis and jonnu. Keep the train rolling.

Try to do a colts style defense. A good pass rush and aggressive. Try to generate turnovers and protect big leads.

We should try to keep him. Hell I'd be content even if we gave him a reasonable wr2 pay. He's a good blocker and good receiver. Sure he's not explosive but heaven forbid brown gets injured at least we got a good alternative.

What's people's thought on wr1 pay for 2 years until AJ needs paid? Keep the 2 together, keep the chemistry on the qb receiving corp. Probs mean we need to go all out on drafting defence and hoping they can make an impact.

I can def see Washington backing a truck up for him to be their #2 behind McClarin; which on paper does sound like a very good fit and a very similar one to the Titans.

But yes - def Davis will be regressing after his big pay day can see that coming a mile away ... especially with the mess Washington has at their QB spot.

Hopefully Titans just resign him for a decent price and we keep the core together.

WFT needs a QB first

Davis is a good fit with the Titans and a great #1B/#2 WR , the money would be the only reason.

Personally I hope we keep him, keep the O together and fix the D

I agree. Bring back Davis and jonnu. Keep the train rolling.

Try to do a colts style defense. A good pass rush and aggressive. Try to generate turnovers and protect big leads.

we’ve been waiting on that good aggressive pass rush for 10 years now. Do you really think it will appear this off-season?

WFT needs a QB first

Davis is a good fit with the Titans and a great #1B/#2 WR , the money would be the only reason.

Personally I hope we keep him, keep the O together and fix the D

I agree, but Alex Smith has looked good when healthy and made WFT very competitive. If he can keep it together I could see that being a very good fit for CD. They have a true alpha in McLaurin and CD could thrive in a 1b role there like he has been here. If they offer more money, I wouldnt blame him for going there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, but Alex Smith has looked good when healthy and made WFT very competitive. If he can keep it together I could see that being a very good fit for CD. They have a true alpha in McLaurin and CD could thrive in a 1b role their like he has been here. If they offer more money, I wouldnt blame him for going there.
14/16 mil is something we can’t offer. We have to run now with this chit D

Davis finally got over the 3 year hammy strain and has become a decent receiver. I'd like to keep him around for a few years even if it cost a bit.

Hit on a few pass rushers and the D will straighten up and be at least decent and that's all the Titans really need if they can keep the offense together and playing like they have since Tannehill took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back