Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can 100% guarantee that we will not win a sb or go far in the playoffs with tanny under center. He's had chances and failed. What in the world is the point in keeping him around? Isn't the goal to win it all? We would definitely be better off with a qb competition going into next year that doesn't include tanny at all. Willis, Dobbs, draft pick and a fa vet sound good to me. Worst case we lose 1 or 2 more games than we would with tanny, best case we win 1 or 2 more games. There is literally nothing to lose here. Use the savings from tanny to build up the online and see what happens. I don't see how anyone can even think about bringing this clown back, even if Willis turns out to be a ps play, who cares. Try something new

We can 100% guarantee that we will not win a sb or go far in the playoffs with tanny under center. He's had chances and failed. What in the world is the point in keeping him around? Isn't the goal to win it all? We would definitely be better off with a qb competition going into next year that doesn't include tanny at all. Willis, Dobbs, draft pick and a fa vet sound good to me. Worst case we lose 1 or 2 more games than we would with tanny, best case we win 1 or 2 more games. There is literally nothing to lose here. Use the savings from tanny to build up the online and see what happens. I don't see how anyone can even think about bringing this clown back, even if Willis turns out to be a ps play, who cares. Try something new

So I guess we could have 100% guaranteed Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Mahomes,etc etc etc... basically any good QB ever wouldn't win a Superbowl because every one of them has had a couple of bad playoff games.

EVERY QB has bad games... Get over it.

So I guess we could have 100% guaranteed Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Mahomes,etc etc etc... basically any good QB ever wouldn't win a Superbowl because every one of them has had a couple of bad playoff games.

EVERY QB has bad games... Get over it.
And to another point, Tammy is light years ahead of Squirrel and Dobbs. I still don't understand the point of replacing a current QB with someone with less skill... Makes zero sense.

All these Vols homers think he is better than Tanne.
I mean, he played a hell of a lot better than I expected! Certainly better than Squirrel. 6 years carrying a clipboard allows time to learn a few things. I am fine with him as a backup and Squirrel to PS.

And to another point, Tammy is light years ahead of Squirrel and Dobbs. I still don't understand the point of replacing a current QB with someone with less skill... Makes zero sense.

Tannehill isn't an elite QB... But before Downing came along he was playing great outside of a few bad games which a couple happened to be in the playoffs.

And yeah, I've said it before, Tannehill is by far the best option. The Titans don't have another QB on the roster with starting potential and getting another vet doesn't make sense.

Your statement starts false.
No, it’s not a 100% guarantee at all. Nothing has been proven in that department except that he lost his last playoff game in terrible fashion.

As pointed out a bunch of times already, many QBs do t win their first time, or second or third, but using Peyton as a prime example, pretty sure he started 0-5, THill is already 2-3.

Tannehill isn't an elite QB... But before Downing came along he was playing great outside of a few bad games which a couple happened to be in the playoffs.

And yeah, I've said it before, Tannehill is by far the best option. The Titans don't have another QB on the roster with starting potential and getting another vet doesn't make sense.
And as a bonus point, an “elite QB” (whatever that is), is not required to win the SB.

And as a bonus point, an “elite QB” (whatever that is), is not required to win the SB.
A million things go in to making/winning the Superbowl... Including a lot of luck.

Sure, a Tannehill lead team might never win a SB... But if everything bounces right, could win the next 3.

How many good to great QBs never made it to the Superbowl? Hell there's even good/great QBs that don't even make it to the playoffs.

A million things go in to making/winning the Superbowl... Including a lot of luck.

Sure, a Tannehill lead team might never win a SB... But if everything bounces right, could win the next 3.

How many good to great QBs never made it to the Superbowl? Hell there's even good/great QBs that don't even make it to the playoffs.
True.

A lot of the arguments for “must have QB” specifically speak to whatever team won the SB any given year. While not a dismissive point, it doesn’t factor how many teams were easily good enough to win it, but literally only 1 team can win it each year.

We also see examples, although rare, where the team that wins the SB is not actually the best team, either a hot streak or just a matchup issue.
Hot streak example, 05’ Steelers. A WC team that wasn’t particularly great but ended winning it (also overlooking the BS reffing of that SB)
Example of matchup issues are NE and the NYG. 18-0 pats were easily the best team, but the Giants just have a good matchup style. Titans and bengals seem that way currently.

If we could swindle Rodgers from Greenbay, I’d be for it. Don’t think we could even afford a real offer though.

True.

A lot of the arguments for “must have QB” specifically speak to whatever team won the SB any given year. While not a dismissive point, it doesn’t factor how many teams were easily good enough to win it, but literally only 1 team can win it each year.

We also see examples, although rare, where the team that wins the SB is not actually the best team, either a hot streak or just a matchup issue.
Hot streak example, 05’ Steelers. A WC team that wasn’t particularly great but ended winning it (also overlooking the BS reffing of that SB)
Example of matchup issues are NE and the NYG. 18-0 pats were easily the best team, but the Giants just have a good matchup style. Titans and bengals seem that way currently.
The thing with having an elite QB is it gives you a chance every year almost. The chiefs and bills are perennial contenders in no small part to Allen and mahomes. It's not a guaranteed bowl obviously but it certainly gives an inside track. However with how inflated Qb contracts have become it is much harder to build a full team around an elite QB outside of their rookie contract. I'm still a firm believer that the single most valuable thing in the NFL is a great QB on a rookie deal.

If we could swindle Rodgers from Greenbay, I’d be for it. Don’t think we could even afford a real offer though.

Rodgers is still a good QB...but just something about the guy I can't stand. I don't even like watching him play for GB. Lol

But yeah, of course if a QB of that calibre becomes available and the Titans have a way to get em, they better do it.

The thing with having an elite QB is it gives you a chance every year almost. The chiefs and bills are perennial contenders in no small part to Allen and mahomes. It's not a guaranteed bowl obviously but it certainly gives an inside track. However with how inflated Qb contracts have become it is much harder to build a full team around an elite QB outside of their rookie contract. I'm still a firm believer that the single most valuable thing in the NFL is a great QB on a rookie deal.
Mahomes and Allen also have really solid teams, period.

But I agree on the part where a rookie deal QB playing lights out gives teams the best chance... The problem is that's a 2 sided deal...you have to get that QB at the time when the rest of the team is solid enough AND you have to get a rookie QB that comes in and plays great. That's not an easy combination to aquire.

Mahomes and Allen also have really solid teams, period.

But I agree on the part where a rookie deal QB playing lights out gives teams the best chance... The problem is that's a 2 sided deal...you have to get that QB at the time when the rest of the team is solid enough AND you have to get a rookie QB that comes in and plays great. That's not an easy combination to aquire.
Rarely is the QB on the rookie deal the reason for the team’s success either.
We can see Mahomes has defied logic. Allen took a couple seasons at least.

SF is arguably the best team in the league right now. It’s hardly because of the play of Purdy (or Jimmy G earlier). They’re playing how a fully built team needs to play, smart and protect the ball. The rest of the team can win the game.

And that’s not to say Purdy is playing poorly at all. I have a hard time believing he’s going to keep those TD numbers up for an entire career. We’ll see how fans and media treat him when the law of averages happen. I think how that treatment goes is connected to when it happens too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back