Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
people in here really wanna extend/restructure this fool just for some cap savings???

my god...
This fan base seems to love being mediocre. As long as they get their playoff game once a year. Tanny hasn't shown anything besides be decent in the regular season, and that's because we are a run first team with a HOF tier RB.

thought so... your 'lose until franchise QB drafted' is straight up stupid

sorry but its true
You can win games with any QB. But what if you need your QB to do it on his own? It's stupid to think Tanny could win a playoff game on his own. I'm sorry I want a QB that elevates a team around them instead of needing a perfected roster to elevate a mediocre QB. Plus it's easier to have long term success as a team if your QB can make players around him better than having to constantly draft perfect or spend big money to bring talent in. So cheaper on offense in that WRs potentially cost less hence more money for the OL and defensive side of the ball.

This fan base seems to love being mediocre. As long as they get their playoff game once a year. Tanny hasn't shown anything besides be decent in the regular season, and that's because we are a run first team with a HOF tier RB.
he is holding the team back for sure. we are stuck in neutral with him around. like you said, good QBs elevate the people around him. who is he elevating?? not a damn person and it's clear he is trending down. (hello, he is going to be 35 next year)

the fanbase is still so jaded by losing in the 2010's that they are okay with not accomplishing anything as long as they don't suck. you can see it in these posts ("well he's a top 20 qb!") look at how low the bar is set.

at best we can move on this year and start a qb competition, or draft a guy. other teams can get something out of their 7th rounders so it's not some crazy out there idea that we could find a few qbs to battle it out and at least one to be as average as tanne.

at worst we could ride it out with tanne and his atrocious contract this year and then be done with him.

extending him would be absolutely ridiculous and our new gm would be a fool to do it.

he is holding the team back for sure. we are stuck in neutral with him around. like you said, good QBs elevate the people around him. who is he elevating?? not a damn person and it's clear he is trending down. (hello, he is going to be 35 next year)

the fanbase is still so jaded by losing in the 2010's that they are okay with not accomplishing anything as long as they don't suck. you can see it in these posts ("well he's a top 20 qb!") look at how low the bar is set.

at best we can move on this year and start a qb competition, or draft a guy. other teams can get something out of their 7th rounders so it's not some crazy out there idea that we could find a few qbs to battle it out and at least one to be as average as tanne.

at worst we could ride it out with tanne and his atrocious contract this year and then be done with him.

extending him would be absolutely ridiculous and our new gm would be a fool to do it.
This is an argument to just throw any QB out there. Just not THill.
Any unknown would be better if I’m reading this correctly.

I suppose this might be support for Dobbs vs whoever for starter.

If that’s the case, phone it in as a fan. At least we’ll get an early pick in 2024 and I’m told that’s worth getting excited for.

Tannehill although not elite did play well before Downing and the OL fell apart...I'm not a huge Tannehill fan but I'm curious to see what happens with Downing gone, WR and OL improvements. Of course a restructuring needs to be done, he's not worth what he's making and the cap restraints it puts on this team

If he doesn't restructure, move on

thing is if T17 dont restructure ( and zero reason not to IMO ) then his CAP hit is like $15m a season for 23 & 24 if I understand it correctly

although this is doable its still onerous

If the Titans choose to cut Tannehill they will not owe him his $27 million in base salary, but would still get hit for $9.6 million against the cap from his bonus and restructure payments. They would also owe him an extra $9.2 million from his void years (2024, 2025).

That’s $18.8 million in dead cap remaining on his contract that Tennessee would pay Tannehill, even if he’s not on the roster. That’s also $17.8 million in cap space savings from the $36.6 million they would have to pay to keep him.

well there ya go then...

so like $10m CAP each year

that makes it possible then... I was thinking not at all possible

I still say unless you have someone better taking snaps then rolling with T17 in 23 is the way to go

well there ya go then...

so like $10m CAP each year

that makes it possible then... I was thinking not at all possible

I still say unless you have someone better taking snaps then rolling with T17 in 23 is the way to go
If he restructures...36 for Tannehill is too much, way too many other spots to fill

If he restructures...36 for Tannehill is too much, way too many other spots to fill
players always win by restructering... T17 wins by taking the 42 and spreading payment over 3 seasons ( 1 year extension ) knowing he would be cut after 24...

Titans lower CAP to like $14m for each of the 3 season ( possibly even lower if last year get split into 2 CAP years)

Titans & T17 both win that deal

as for $36m CAP in 23... in reality cutting T17 would only net $17m CAP... unless you have a superior QB planned for that CAP the cut is not likely IMO, but I now see how the haters are more plausible with their cut T17 talk

players always win by restructering... T17 wins by taking the 42 and spreading payment over 3 seasons ( 1 year extension ) knowing he would be cut after 24...

Titans lower CAP to like $14m for each of the 3 season ( possibly even lower if last year get split into 2 CAP years)

Titans & T17 both win that deal

as for $36m CAP in 23... in reality cutting T17 would only net $17m CAP... unless you have a superior QB planned for that CAP the cut is not likely IMO, but I now see how the haters are more plausible with their cut T17 talk
Hope it can get that low, but I’m thinking it’ll probably be closer to $18-20 mil a season with an extension involved.
3/$60 mil seems fairly reasonable for a vet QB in a league where not enough starting QBs are available for 32 teams.
How that $60 mil would breakdown, possibly like his previous contract where the back end has a higher cap hit with the possibility of cutting before/after 2024.

If we cut Tanney and Dupree it is going to save against the cap but alot of dead money. What blows my mind is having 9 million in dead money on Julio Jones next year how did J-Rob let that happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back