Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s how you are looking at it, fine.

But a very glaring neglect of 2015 Broncos. The actual worst season ever of QB play to win a SB. Worse than Dilfer/Banks Ravens.

I'll give you Peyton was pretty awful dealing with that injury during the season. But he played pretty great the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs once he was semi healthy.

Even if you include him, that gives you 5. And 3 of those were on teams with all time great defenses. You can't depend on having an all time great defense.

& a team clearly cant depend on having an elite QB

this whole ... lose until you luck into an elite QB is for chumps

teams can win weekly without elite QB and once in POs all you got to do is get hot for 3 games and you win an Owl

I'll give you Peyton was pretty awful dealing with that injury during the season. But he played pretty great the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs once he was semi healthy.

Even if you include him, that gives you 5. And 3 of those were on teams with all time great defenses. You can't depend on having an all time great defense.
That’s 5 from your perspective. As mentioned, both “elite” and “franchise” QB are subjective terms.

I disagree on your count because there are more QB in that time that don’t meet 1 or both of those titles.

Completely disagree you need either of those title QB to win a SB. D and a safe QB is what’s needed. An argument can be made that THill is better than some SB winning QB, but many have already made their assessment “he can’t win” because of his terrible game against CIN. I disagree on that point also but he has to prove it.

& a team clearly cant depend on having an elite QB

this whole ... lose until you luck into an elite QB is for chumps

teams can win weekly without elite QB and once in POs all you got to do is get hot for 3 games and you win an Owl
images

We probably need to shed salary at this point. We are trending in the wrong direction.
You don't shed salary by cutting the only QB worth a damn on the team. Restructuring Tanny to lower the cap, sure... But cutting him would be real dumb without having another QB ready.

You don't shed salary by cutting the only QB worth a damn on the team. Restructuring Tanny to lower the cap, sure... But cutting him would be real dumb without having another QB ready.
I guess you can as long as you’re shedding wins.

Even the idea of tanking doesn’t really help because you have to pay somebody money to reach the minimum spent. That’s aside from the tanking idea being a total failure of an idea anyway.

If Tannehill won't restructure I would say there's a far greater than zero chance of him being cut. Carr and Jimmy G are fore sure available. Along with potentially Trey Lance, Justin fields and Tom Brady etc. Tanne cap hit is currently #5 in the entire NFL in 2023 behind only Watson, mahomes, Allen and Prescott. Even as a big Tannehill fan i can't rationalize that.

If Tannehill won't restructure I would say there's a far greater than zero chance of him being cut. Carr and Jimmy G are fore sure available. Along with potentially Trey Lance, Justin fields and Tom Brady etc. Tanne cap hit is currently #5 in the entire NFL in 2023 behind only Watson, mahomes, Allen and Prescott. Even as a big Tannehill fan i can't rationalize that.
Tammy will restructure his contract- especially after last year.

lets face it... players WIN when they restructure... 100% T17 resturctures even if all he wins is getting the $s earlier and the CAP spread over more years ( like players care about that)

lets face it... players WIN when they restructure... 100% T17 resturctures even if all he wins is getting the $s earlier and the CAP spread over more years ( like players care about that)

I would not restructure Tanny's deal because all that does is push money down the road.... You have to decide whether you are riding with Tanny for a few more yrs or not... what needs to happen is a contract extension that helps lower the cap hit now but extends his playing time for 2-3yrs.

I would not restructure Tanny's deal because all that does is push money down the road.... You have to decide whether you are riding with Tanny for a few more yrs or not... what needs to happen is a contract extension that helps lower the cap hit now but extends his playing time for 2-3yrs.
they extend T17 beyond 24 right now its malfeasence

even people like me who aint a T17 hater want a better QB than T17

admitting that aint willis or dobbs aint difficult... that means if Titans want to compete they need T17 for another year or 2 and in the meantime find an actual QB

they extend T17 beyond 24 right now its malfeasence

even people like me who aint a T17 hater want a better QB than T17

admitting that aint willis or dobbs aint difficult... that means if Titans want to compete they need T17 for another year or 2 and in the meantime find an actual QB

I think the QB market this yr will show Tanny and his agent just how little he will get on the open market if this is his last yr with the Titans. So I think they will be willing to sign a team friendly deal on a 2-3 yr contract. This will not prohibit the Titans from trying to find their future QB.

We have close to $100 mil cap space in 2024 so I’m fine shifting a little Tanny money down the road. Bring this years cap hit down to free up an extra $15 mil or so.

people in here really wanna extend/restructure this fool just for some cap savings???

my god...
Tannehill is consistently graded as a top 20 QB in this league and has excelled when given an Oline and viable receivers. I’d love to hear your alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back