Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense but I doubt anyone gives up a lot of picks for that contract. Watson is stuck in Huston, like it or not.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Watson agree to re-structure to get out. I like Watson- seems like a good due. I could see a few teams with aging QB's that are struggling COULD be interested. But I don't think he'd be worth more than a 1st possibly plus a conditional 3rd pick.

More likely we see the old lingering ill defined injury from week 7 on and the Texans wind up with the #1 pick overall. Now THAT would garner a "king's ransom" for a new GM and HC to trade off. I predict the Texans and Falcons are going to go head to head for the #1 overall pick.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Watson agree to re-structure to get out. I like Watson- seems like a good due. I could see a few teams with aging QB's that are struggling COULD be interested. But I don't think he'd be worth more than a 1st possibly plus a conditional 3rd pick.

More likely we see the old lingering ill defined injury from week 7 on and the Texans wind up with the #1 pick overall. Now THAT would garner a "king's ransom" for a new GM and HC to trade off. I predict the Texans and Falcons are going to go head to head for the #1 overall pick.
Texans don't have a first or second next year. They traded both to Dolphins for Tunsil.

Texans don't have a first or second next year. They traded both to Dolphins for Tunsil.

not sure you’re understanding what I meant. If Texans tank and get #1 overall, some other team will trade “Kong’s ransom” for that #1 overall pick. (Trevor)

I see where you're going with this, and we do need a good DC, but I don't think he's the answer. Honest question, have any of the Pats DCs gone on to be successful elsewhere? I think that D is purely Billy B's baby. Doesn't matter who the coordinator is.

Crazy thing is... Defense has been Patricia's down fall. Horrible. Especially when it matters the most.
I was half joking but it's been mentioned on here.

NE D looks good...on another note, did Belicheat make Brady or the other way around?

not sure you’re understanding what I meant. If Texans tank and get #1 overall, some other team will trade “Kong’s ransom” for that #1 overall pick. (Trevor)
I misunderstood your post too. The dolphins currently own the Texans #1 pick so if they tank, it’s the dolphins getting the payout or kings ransom.

With Dolphins taking Tua this past draft, yes they could get a great haul for the #1 pick it being Lawrence.

Watson is a running QB. Not a QB that can run. They don’t work out. The league has figured him out. He is good but he isn’t and won’t ever be elite. He doesn’t run as well as he did and it effects his game Can they win with him, sure. but Watson can’t read defenses and relies on broken plays to succeed. Watson just isn’t beating anyone from the pocket. He has to use his legs and truth is he isn’t since his rookie year really.

Just my opinion.

Watson isn’t an elite QB by any means but to say he can’t throw is just flat out incorrect.

He’s got flaws. He holds onto the ball too long. He underthrows a lot of deep balls. His accuracy waivers when throwing outside the hashes, but he can can absolutely beat a team with his arm. He’s done it against our team lol

Over the next 2 years if Ryan Tannehill puts up this stat line what would you say about him?

8017 yards 67.8% 52 TD’s 21 INT’s 100.6 passer rating

Last edited by a moderator:
By speculation titans did “want” Brady.
Personally I don’t really believe those rumors but if true, TB must have wanted him more.

Maybe Tennessee Patriots and TB Patriots will fight for a guy like Patricia.

Based on what though? There is no proof Tennessee was ever interested or made an offer. If the Titans wanted him we would have had him. But it’s clear who we wanted to be our QB because that’s who we made an offer to.

Patricia isn’t a good coach. That defense is NE is Bill’s. Just like everyone creaming over ever KC offensive coordinator neglects the fact that Andy Reid is the mastermind of that offense.

Plenty of ex-Patriots Titans could have hired as their DC but we didn’t.

Based on what though? There is no proof Tennessee was ever interested or made an offer. If the Titans wanted him we would have had him. But it’s clear who we wanted to be our QB because that’s who we made an offer to.

Patricia isn’t a good coach. That defense is NE is Bill’s. Just like everyone creaming over ever KC offensive coordinator neglects the fact that Andy Reid is the mastermind of that offense.

Plenty of ex-Patriots Titans could have hired as their DC but we didn’t.
A it was a joke regarding how many patriots came here. Really don’t want patricia but overall don’t really care who Tennessee hires as DC.

B there’s no proof to Tennessee wanting him, agreed and stated as such, but on the same note, there’s no proof in your statement, if the titans wanted him, they would have had him. Now we’re in speculation vs speculation and gonna go nowhere,

Watson isn’t an elite QB by any means but to say he can’t throw is just flat out incorrect.

He’s got flaws. He holds onto the ball too long. He underthrows a lot of deep balls. His accuracy waivers when throwing outside the hashes, but he can can absolutely beat a team with his arm. He’s done it against our team lol

Over the next 2 years if Ryan Tannehill puts up this stat line what would you say about him?

8017 yards 67.8% 52 TD’s 21 INT’s 100.6 passer rating
Watson is what VY SHOULD have been.

A it was a joke regarding how many patriots came here. Really don’t want patricia but overall don’t really care who Tennessee hires as DC.

B there’s no proof to Tennessee wanting him, agreed and stated as such, but on the same note, there’s no proof in your statement, if the titans wanted him, they would have had him. Now we’re in speculation vs speculation and gonna go nowhere,

Considering we paid Tannehill more money I think it’s pretty safe to say we could have gotten Brady.

I was half joking but it's been mentioned on here.

NE D looks good...on another note, did Belicheat make Brady or the other way around?
If anything let's get the Mullet Belichick Jr. I'm sure he'd like to separate from under daddy's shadow. JK. Again though, I'd be curious to see a list of Patriot defensive coaches that went to to be DCs or HCs. Belichick is the greatest DC of all time and it doesn't matter who calls the plays.

On a real note, I could realistically see Vrabel brining over Jerod Mayo. Our ILBs play has taken huge step back. Jury is still out on Haslett but he needs to turn it around quick.

Likewise, injuries or not, Midget is not getting the job done. I was also never really a fan of Shane Bowen in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back