Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 35 seconds to go, deep within their own territory and down by 5 Mike Keith on the radio summed up everything that is wrong with this team.

He said, "Coach do you think they should start throwing deep?"

Ummm,
Yes, any other team on the planet would throw deep Keith.
But, this team has no line to block
No deep threat to catch it
No QB to throw it
An offensive coordinator that won't call it
Backed up by a head coach that has a canned excuse ready for the post game....

I wish I was a bandwagon fan. I'd be out of here quick.

This team has packed it in. 7-3 (should've been 8-2) to this? Seeing the Jags logo as the division leader is an eye sore.

I'm literally in disbelief right now.

This team has packed it in. 7-3 (should've been 8-2) to this? Seeing the Jags logo as the division leader is an eye sore.

Give it a little more time. If I can do it anyone can do it.

A jokes aside, we're not going anywhere unless the new GM gives Vrabel a roster that even he can't screw up

Blow it up. Draft a QB, then a LT. Cut Dupree, tannehill, Cunningham, lewan, and woods. Fire the training staff and coaching staff if Vrabel won't part with downing.

After the first loss of this streak, I stated Vrabels seat should get really hot if he blows this.
For that week I was attacked pretty hard, each week more and more have agreed to the point I think more people want to see Vrabel fired now.

he is far from safe and that includes a week 18 W if he gets it.

If he loses this division, he should be fired. Hate to say that, but he allows this play calling, even with injuries, to happen, and he should lay on that sword.

After the first loss of this streak, I stated Vrabels seat should get really hot if he blows this.
For that week I was attacked pretty hard, each week more and more have agreed to the point I think more people want to see Vrabel fired now.

If he loses this division, he should be fired. Hate to say that, but he allows this play calling, even with injuries, to happen, and he should lay on that sword.
Yup. Can't keep a coach after he blows a 98% chance at winning the div.

It should have been hot last year when he shit the bed in the playoffs.

I don’t think Vrabel will be fired, but I think he will get an ultimatum to fire the coordinators. Let’s face it… a 7-8 record flatters us. Should be a 3-4 win team tops.

Vrabel has a scaegoat in Robinson and injuries as his excuse, so I do not think he will be fired just because they blow the division (although his seat will be very warm at that point).

However, I think Vrabel will receive an ultimatum during the offseason regarding the offensive coaching staff (Downing, Carter, etc.). If Vrabel refuses to fire them, then I absolutely see AAS firing him. I mean she fired Mularkey for the basically not firing Robiskie and believing he plateaued as a head coach.

At this point, you can make a pretty good argument that Vrabel himself as reached his high point as a head coach; being Jeff Fisher 2.0. Five seasons in, and the man continues to run one of the most conservative offenses in the NFL. Even more so than Mularkey ever was. The question is, do you want Vrabel to see a rebuild through?

This won’t be a popular viewpoint but, unless the Titans are willing to move on from Henry, it will take 2-3 seasons before they are competitive again (or more).

Yes, I am including getting key IR guys back next season.

There are too many needs and Henry will be wasted here the time it’ll take and 100% done once it does.

If the Titans were to get some great picks in ‘23 and ‘24, I think it might be time to move on.

Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?

The offensive playcalling has been offensive all season, and Vrabel is 100% ok with it. So his arse needs to go with the rest of them. Clean house.

This won’t be a popular viewpoint but, unless the Titans are willing to move on from Henry, it will take 2-3 seasons before they are competitive again (or more).

There are too many needs and Henry will be wasted here the time it’ll take and 100% done once it does.

The only reason I disagree is that I don’t believe the offense is run like it is because of Henry, I think Henry fit the mold of what was already being done with Murray before him.

Basically, get rid of Henry, if the coaching staff is still the same, they replace him with new RB and do the same thing.

Is there a worse team a rookie QB could start for ? No Receivers ,banged up OLine, and horrible play calling. Poor kid never had a chance.

Honestly, I think the Titans will have to consider moving on from both Tannehill and Henry in the offseason given their salaries and cap hits. The problem is that the Titans have no one to replace Tannehill. New GM will have a lot of tough choices to make immediately.

Titans have lost many games through the years to one or no win teams. It’s one of their speciaties

I've actually researched this in the past, it really is remarkable. I don't remember the specifics now but we've lost to the worst team on our schedule like 10 straight years. Or maybe it was over a 10 year period? I think we were the first win overall for the Jaguars back in '95 (well, the Oilers were). And I seem to recall that Munch lost to the worst team on our schedule each of his years as head coach. I'm out of town until next week but I'll see if I still have any of that data handy when I get back home.

The only reason I disagree is that I don’t believe the offense is run like it is because of Henry, I think Henry fit the mold of what was already being done with Murray before him.

Basically, get rid of Henry, if the coaching staff is still the same, they replace him with new RB and do the same thing.

So they have to get rid of the staff too.

While I say that, the grass isn't always greener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back